Reviews for Nerves of Steel
Anastasia Demi chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
An interesting take on a scene that has been rewritten several times.

It would be interesting the see more of the story that you were originally writing it for. I think as a stand alone piece it is interesting, but I personally found that it did depend heavily on the author's note to explain it - which is something I'm not keen on.

But, I do like it. And more Wild Arms 1/AC:F fan fiction is always appreciated.
Starlight's Delight chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
The start of my favorite part of the game. Pretty much this moment up until you can get the guardian from Baskar I adore beyond words. And I'm very grateful to you for not murdering it to death with melodrama. In fact, it was very tense, well written, and well characterized, even though it was short.

Personally, I think there ought to be more fanfics for the first Wild Arms, and I would not mind in the least if more of it was written by you.
FlareKnight chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
Well what do you know, I decide to look into more Wild Arms fics and find this one. Always felt this was such a major scene for the game. Just the shock all three of them would be feeling finding Rudy has a similar body to the demons. Like how instead of just standing there Jack and Cecilia were actually battling to keep hold of Rudy. Makes more sense to me at any rate. Certainly seems like something Rudy would do, causing them to let go so at least regardless of the result they wouldn't get pulled in too.

Like keeping the blade as his weapon though as one goes through the game it moves from a knife to various swords (though not Jack caliber). I only know this because I felt like replaying the game. Cutting the arm off with a knife makes a lot more sense than blowing it off with an ARM. Both are going to hurt like hell but at least the sword will make it somewhat cleaner then the blast at that range would.
Saeto chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
YAY, WA1 fic. Well-written WA1 fic.

I love you. Truly.
Angelfeather26 chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
I really liked your version of that 'incident'. I only have one complaint, though...I wanted to read more of it! :p No one ever really writes about the old classic WA and I like to read them when I find them. _