Reviews for Captain Miserable Finds the Greener Grass
Larie-chan chapter 34 . 12/7/2015
Tokio was very mature and wise with her phone call to her dad. I appreciate that. It shows that you care about her as a character to develop that type of depth. And Saitou's tenderness towards her; absolutely lovely.
And of course Saitou and Eiji being little shits to each other (also known as bonding) is a delight to read.
I know I could just devour the rest of this work tonight, but I need to be an adult and do other things besides indulge in this fancy. It will be a test of will to not spend the rest of the evening read this though!
Larie-chan chapter 33 . 12/7/2015
Awww, those policemen are already starting to corrupt poor Eiji and Saitou turns out to be gruffly caring and cute!
And YAS! What a happy little, weird, dysfunctional, sometimes violent, still caring family!
Larie-chan chapter 32 . 12/6/2015
Yay! It's Eiji! I was wondering if he'd make an appearance (hid brother's name only rang a faint bell) but I'm happy he's here! It will be interesting to see how he fits into this family
Larie-chan chapter 27 . 12/6/2015
Saitou is a good man; a sometimes murderous asshole but a good man nonetheless.
Larie-chan chapter 16 . 12/5/2015
I gotta say (after reading this for hours), I really appreciate Saitou and Tokio fighting. Yeah sure, having everything peachy-keen and mess free may have been enjoyable to read, but it would have been a much more shallow enjoyment. All couples get into fights and these are two fairly difficult people. I found both of their mindsets and responses to be very in character, and the argument and fallout very true to life. I am happy that they were able to come to some sort of terms though. All in all well done
Larie-chan chapter 6 . 12/5/2015
What perfect little dumb babies, getting drunk, piggybacking, assaulting each other, kissing...
The wine I'm drinking may having soemthing to do with it, but this story just gets me all warm and giddy inside
Larie-chan chapter 5 . 12/5/2015
Quick question!
In creating this story, how did you determine which characters to use where? I definitely get putting Okita and Saitou together on the police force, Kenshin and Aoshi aren't too much of a stretch, but I am happily surprised to see Anji and Kamatari here was well. Are they some of your favorite characters?
Thanks!
Larie-chan chapter 4 . 12/5/2015
Omg, tiny little Kenshin and Tokio doing all the heavy lifting. Bless their hearts.
Saitou and Tokio can fight together in every which way and somehow it just turns out hot.
Larie-chan chapter 3 . 12/5/2015
Most of my gushing praise is a repeat of what I said last chapter, so I'll focus in on specific scenes. That first exchange between Saitou and Okita? Gatotsu to the fucken HEAD. MARVELOUS. And Saitou being protective of Tokio is great. I can imagine that they'd be the couple at the bar where Tokio gets into unnecessary fights while Saitou just kinda, takes it all in.
Again, this is great!
Larie-chan chapter 2 . 12/5/2015
Tokio is perfection. Perfection. I cannot articulate how in just two chapters I've fallen in love with your version of her. She reminds me of how I think they tried to portray Kaoru in the anime/manga: brash, loud, ballbusting, and flustered, but in your Tokio here I don't find it annoying. If anything it makes her much more suited to Saitou.
Also, do I hint a little bit of foreshadowing with the comment chapter 1 about pickpockets and Tokio's wallet in her purse? I remembered that bit as soon as I read about the key card being in her wallet. I guess I'll see later.
Another great chapter!
Larie-chan chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
YAAASSSS
This. is. Amazing.
Saitou is a perfect little asshole, being wolfish, and low-voiced, and SUGGESTIVE. Tokio being so flustered, and stubborn, and WONDERFUL. The humor is spot on. The tension between those two is delicious without making Saitou an overbearing douche. And the tidbit about the chopsticks was just adorable.
I am delighted that there are 39 chapters to this badboy!
anreg chapter 2 . 10/4/2015
I was thinking about doing my annual re-read of this one. (Re-read most of your other S/T fics over the last few weeks.) Glad to see your 8/2015 note. We've missed you. Hope life has been treating you well. (And glad that you're not dead!)
A Long Time Fan chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
I really enjoy all of your writing, but this fic has such a special place in my heart. I check back every now and then here and on your LJ hoping to hear from you at all since it's been so long! I had kind of written this last bout of silence off as the one for good, but I always come back regardless and re-read your stories again and again, they always seem to brighten my mood when I'm in the dumps. I was so elated to see this sneaky little update at the end of this chapter(I've read Capt. Mis so many times by now I just pick a chapter at random and go from there, I'm glad I chose the very beginning today!) I'm so excited to see you're still alive, hopefully doing well, and that you may be picking this back up? Maybe this year isn't off to such a bad start after all! I sincerely look forward to hearing from you again, and whatever glorious updates/new stories you may grace us with. I wish you all the best:)
anreg chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
(I'm posting not logged in because I've already reviewed this chapter while logged in and it won't let me do it again.) Hello...and welcome back! I just started doing my annual reread of Capt Mis, and I saw your post at the end of this chapter dated 8/5/2014.

I'm delighted that you are working on this again. I always thought that eventually when life allowed you would return to this one. I've really enjoyed the posting and updates of your other S/T fics, too. I've already done my yearly reread of Stupid Cupid and Dark Stranger (did that one for Halloween). Now its Cap Mis's turn.

Looking forward to whatever you write for us, whether it is an update or a new offering. Thanks for so many wonderful stories that are just as wonderful when reread, as they were the first time around.
alynawatlovers chapter 39 . 12/14/2014
I just about died laughing in this last chapter. This story has been so enthralling that I literally read through the night. Thank you so much!