Reviews for Good 'Ol Boys
fairyntoad14 chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
This was too funny! Loved it! Perfect Job truly!
CatChild chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
Wonderfully done! I can't wait to read your next one!
pizzapixie chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
YEE the hell HAW ! You go girl.
IheartPadalecki chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Nice story! It's actually really funny in a weird sort of way... haha. well I liked it.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Thank you.

I enjoyed reading your story. You had excitement, laughter, and brother moments. Perfect!

You did a good job and I liked this ending.

Thanks for sharing your work with us to read.
carocali chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Oh, it's always such a treat to get a story from you! What a great action / adventure tale! I love the way you write the boys! How incredibly fun! The Christine line had me rolling!

One too many concussions... I wonder... Someday if someone was really bored they could go through and see in thost 30 stories how many concussions they actually have had! Just so wonderful!

:D

CAroline
UZI4U chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Riding Lawnmower - Once again you prove that you're one of the best! I love your characterization, but gotta say that I'm still curious as to the spirit's reasons for haunting the car. Perhaps a sequel? Hint, hint. Anyway, keep the stories comin' you know I'll read 'em.

~Uzi
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Aw, that was excellent as usual :) So many great lines, too many to choose from. My mind just totally blanked, but like the other reviewers I loved the humor, then the action, then the hurt/comfort, and then the use of Winston to get Sam to to go the hospital :P Great story, will be looking forward to the next one. Have a wonderful day!
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Dean grabbed the toy shark from the pool and held it up by the tail, dangling it towards Winston. "Come on boy, look what I got!" he baited, making the toy bounce. "You wanna play with the shark?"

Sam would explain the differences between a child and a puppy later.

BWAHAHA. *Pets Dean*

Great action, the right blend of humor and angst, good brotherly banter...and a cool title. *grin*

JJ
Susan82 chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Wow. Hero Sam and Injured Sam...I think I'm in heaven! Your oneshots are amazing, and this one is no exception. Great job!
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
That was so cool! (Okay, now I sound like Winston, LoL)

"You better not be thinking what I think you're thinking," he growled.

I LOVED THAT LINE, I WAS SAYING LIKE THE SAME THING! LOL

"Fine!" Dean shouted, slapping the car. "Fine, do it, get yourself killed. See if I care. Just be careful, okay?"

THE IRONY THERE, LOL, SO MUCH LIKE DEAN. PERFECT!

So, great fic! Loved it!

That's it ;)
Maygin chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
[sigh]... I love your stories Emily. They just add so much depth to the SuperNatural world w/out being overly detailed or emotional. Some of them are just good times, like this one... just a great short look into a side case that was a great read! Great story! Keep em comin girl :)
Carikube chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
This is incredible! I started reading at work (yes, smack on the wrist), then had to stop cos, well, they do pay me. When again no-one was looking, I printed it out and then just before leaving, I sat and immersed myself in it. Honest, I was on that road, in that field. God, I was on the roof of the car with Sam. My heart damn near pounded out of my chest. I could SEE AND FEEL everything. I mean, everything. You know how sometimes when reading you get a mental image… this, I got a complete sensory experience.

** Dean turned off the highway and onto a seemingly endless gravel driveway. A warm breeze blew through the open windows of the car and ….

With so few words, you put me there. Right there. I read this on a cold winter’s day with thunderstorms brewing outside and I *felt* that warmth. Holy shit, Em, just when I had you pegged as an absolutely outstanding writer with incredible powers of imagery… you’ve gone and flat out topped it.

I should quote this entire story back to you, because there was no one line out of place, one line that didn’t evoke a response, whether it be a smile, a gasp, a tingle down my spine, a pounding of my pulse. But, you know what, I’m going to try, because there were some awesome moments that had me torn between hating you and loving you. Hating because I’m jealous, loving because you’ve shared your incredible talent for our entertainment. I still think I hate you though! Jealousy, ya know. Can’t control it.

** "You're just upset that you didn't think of it first," Sam said. "And anyway, we don't have a riding lawn mower."

A lawn mower! Quirk of an eyebrow here and a sharp grin.

** Up ahead, a single trailer sat ...

You might have well have sent me a jpeg of this, your words achieved the very same effect. No, I correct myself. You sent me an airline ticket and map directions and now I’m standing there, doing a full 360’ to take it all in. Pure show don’t tell. At its best!

** Sam smiled. "But you're so good with kids, remember?" he goaded, enjoying Dean's sour look.

Giggle - good one Sam!

** …. "Come on. Let's meet 'Christine'."

Love you! One of the very first horror movies that I ever saw. Still can’t help but get creeped out by those bad-ass classic cars, except the Metallicar of course. :-)

** Sam took a deep breath and faced the door. "Friendly bunch," he murmured.

Love it! So simple, yet so visual.

** "Cute kid," Dean threw in, nodding at the baby. His smile was blinding.

Ah Dean!

** The boy in the driver's seat paused his playing long enough to nod. "Yup. It was fun!"

I love this kid already!

** Suddenly the Mustang rumbled to life.

** The car revved again and this time, ...

Oh double shit. I’m leaning forward now, hunched over the page willing that kid to get out of that freaky car. C’mon Winston, get out of the car!

** Sam would explain the differences between a child and a puppy later.

This! Is pure genius!

** "Dean, come on!" Sam yelled. He ran towards the Impala ...

Wow!

** "Pull up along side it," he said.

Oh no! Sam. No!

** "Fine!" Dean shouted, slapping the car. ...

I’ve stopped breathing. Right here. Right now.

** Winston nodded, his face pale under a mop of blond hair.

Oh you poor baby.

** Suddenly the Mustang lurched ahead and it took Sam ...

Gulp… oh sweet mother of….

** He let out a sigh of relief. His skin tingled where the wind had been pounding it. His heart was racing and he looked to Winston. "You okay?"

Breathing… need air… breathing…

** "Winston, put on your seatbelt," Sam ordered, taking his own advice.

Forget breathing… who needs air anyway!

** Sam was airborne for a second time that day. ...

OHMYGOD!

** The Impala slid to a halt somewhere outside. ...

I’m both inside that car with Sam, and outside the car with Dean – feeling his terror at what he has just witnessed. Of course I can say this now at my THIRD read of this. The first two times, forget it. Hard to make the brain work without oxygen from NOT breathing!

** "Do it again!" he giggled, a large smile on his small round face.

What the hell! I love it! Just love it! Trust a kid to come out with something like that.

** "Fuck!" Dean screamed from outside. ...

God, Dean. My heart clenches at what he is going through right now. You’ve thrust me right into the midst of his anguish… without even going inside his head. This hurts. I mean, really hurts to *feel* his frustration at not knowing if Sam is okay.

** Sam would never forgive himself if a life was lost because of him. He still hadn't forgiven himself over Jessica.

Oh Sam.

** Dean grunted and suddenly Sam fell. ...

Ughnn! - translation, Caroline’s gurgle! ;-)

** “That was awesome!" Winston beamed. His small hands were curled into fists. "Even better than Gameboy!"

That kid is just too precious.

** They hadn't even figured out why the spirit was in the car to begin with.

I *so* love this. I love that you didn’t have them figure it out. Makes it so much better!

** Okay, so maybe a stitch or two wouldn't hurt.

Smart boy Sam. Don’t you know by now that Dean knows best… especially when he’s just hauled you out of a crashed car.

** That raised the medic's suspicion. "You've sustained blows to the head before?"

Good one Sammy, you’re just digging yourself deeper!

** Suddenly everyone was staring at him. Sam took a deep breath. "Yeah, sure. I'll go with you."

It’s official, Winston is the best kid ever!

** "Next time," Dean growled, picking a clump of sod from a corner of the front bumper, "I'm picking the gig."

There is nothing to not LOVE about this piece. Except for my raging jealousy! Seriously, you and I… we’re having words. No way can you *just* write this well. No way! It’s that squirrel, isn’t it? It’s helping you… somehow. Damn, where’s that animal control guy, I’ll send him over to fix you up. That squirrel is MINE!
Phx chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
Wahoo - I loved it. A Sammy owie story. Aw. And a touch of the Duke's too. I loved the visual of Sam jumping from the Impala to the mustang. Damn fine image :)

And of course you know I love it when our boys takes his licks while his older brother is there to help him out.

Excellent!

Sherry
LostandAlone22 chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
Love the title. I was liking on the humor, but I always enjoy your angst, so this was really nice. The beginning was hilarious, with the stereotypical redneck, Dean putting his foot in his mouth and saying something most people would want to say, and then the whole car-hopping. I thought the thing where Sam didn't want to go to the hospital, but Dean made him was cute.
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »