Reviews for Kyle Katarn: The Rise & Fall Book 1 Part 3
Etain-Skirata chapter 4 . 8/19/2011
Yeah, Wexter, you kriffing coward; dig a grave for yourself, at least make that much easier on Jan.

I just discovered this story. It's great!
Jelfia Maleak chapter 26 . 1/19/2010
ok, that was a great story. pulled all the right string. :)

and the missing words/wrong words seemed to happen less after ch. 14. great improvement since the first story/ch.
Jelfia Maleak chapter 13 . 1/18/2010
ok normal i wait till the end to review but. the missing words and wrong words have been really bad in chapter 11 and 12. to the point i had to reread sentences two or three time before i got what you where trying to say.

otherwise a very heart wenching chapters.
Akseel chapter 10 . 12/11/2009
I've been reading this story for the past few days, and enjoying it immensely. I've been reading it instead of playing my brand new SW game, so that's saying something about how good it is. Actually, I had begun reading it a while back but for some reason I stopped, but finishing part 3 makes me want to go back and read it all over again.

Characterization is excellent, both Kyle and Jan sound perfectly as they should, and so do the other characters from cannon. Original characters also fit in nicely. I haven't played the Dark Forces game, only Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith, but the story went on very smoothly. I could not tell what was game material and what was not. Both dialogue and description flow naturally, so that I read on and I was always surprised to see I had reached the end of the chapter. When the reader loses tracks of the time, it shows how entrancing the story is (though I won't thank you tomorrow when I have to get up. Good thing it's saturday).

I'm trying to find some criticism to make, but honestly it is hard to. The story was a degree of quality that never faltered. I expect, from what you said in some author's notes, that you feel differently, but I assure you it is very good. But don't worry, it is normal for a writer not to be satisfied. I suppose it's a good thing since it makes you want to keep improving.

There was a bit of a trend of Kyle going back from every mission being hurt, but considering the sort of mission he went on, the opposite would have been surprising. I felt Jan was perhaps a bit harsh with him at times, but at the same time it is in character. General Mohc was an interesting character. His obsession for Kyle deepened the character - at some point I felt like he had fatherly feelings for him. Why else would he have been so reluctant to kill him ? In that sense, I can't help but pity him, though he probably doesn't deserve it. I dunno if the voices were part of the game - I suppose not - but they were well done.

That's about it. I'll move on to book 2. That ought to be interesting, we've caught up with Jedi Knight so I'll be treading on familiar ground. It's been years since I played the game so it should feel nicely nostalgic, too. In any case, if it is as good as the previous stories in the series - if not better - then I will be one very glad reader.
Darth Red chapter 26 . 7/12/2009
Very soap-operaesk ending...you must spend your days watching Young and the Restless lol...seriously though I loved the ending Chapters, the chases, ship-to-ship battles and above all the character interactions. Not many Star Watrs writers take the time to really flesh out the story and characters like you have, and able to do it so well...the scenerios are very believable, I can picture Vader and the Emperor post Ep V or whenever it was discussing the nuisance Katarn, really just a fly in their soap, someone to be swatted away but nonetheless eventually have to be dealt with. You deserve a very big A for that...

I encourage you to continue, once done maybe even slip it along to Lucas books and see what they think of it, hey you never know, everyone loves your story, I don't see why all of Lucas' readers wouldn't also.

Take her easy, Darth Red.
Darth Red chapter 22 . 7/11/2009
lol I'm honored you put me in the story...or is it just coincidence? lol Never pictured myself as an engineer in the Star Wars universe LMAO X)...Always wanted to be the unsung hero or a very naughty Sith, eh I'd even settle for being a Merc on a backwater planet he, he, but I digress from the pipedream. May I offer a suggestion, just plain Red sounds better. Darth is too much of a Sithy giveaway. I'll be giving a thorough review once I'm done reading the rest...excellent so far, enjoying the ship-to-ship journey.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 26 . 7/9/2009
Aw that was so sweet.

And ta da! I deserve a medal, I read the story in one day. Count it one day! I reviewed every chapter!

Do I get a crown, a trophy or just a really big hug? How about the next part of the story soon!

PS: Dare to Dream was our revenge, Payback for Blaze muahhahahahhahahahaha I hope you enjoy being on OUR side of the story!
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
Yeah I'm glad Wexter is still on, I really like him. Kyle is so sweet, I feel so bad for him. I can't wait to reread Moch's death scene, Jan's torture was just unbearable.

Of course the dinner scene reminded me of the one between Barbossa and Elizabeth Swann in Pirates of the Carribbean...don't know if you got that impression too though.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 17 . 7/9/2009
Okay that interrogation scene with Jan reminded me of some of our stuff we did in Five for the Alliance, Jan can be spunky when she's in danger LOL.

But I feel awful for the way they treated her, I like how you had other Imperials feel the same way, wondering if treating a helpless prisoner like this is actually right.

I hope my commentary continues, we'll see I'm cutting it close, don't know when I started reviewing again.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 16 . 7/9/2009
I'm still typing, guess I didn't review this chapter last time. I did read it though but hey this just means you have at least one more chapter of my lovely commentary.

Kyle is really awesome, his escape was cool, I can only imagine what it must be like for him to know he just stabbed Jan. I wonder how you will play it out in that pivitol moment in Jedi Knight.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 15 . 7/9/2009
Wohoo, so much fun. Kyle gets over the dark voice, breaks out of prison but *sobs* has to leave Jan behind. Oh but he'll be back, he'll be back because I've read that part and it made me so happy!

Crap I'm coming up soon on parts I've already reviewed, you won't be able to hear my charming commentary anymore soon. What will you do with out it?

Post book 2 and I promise you'll see it again.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 14 . 7/9/2009
How are Kyle and Jan getting out of this one?

Ack! You and your cliffhangers, they are going to be the death of me I swear.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 13 . 7/9/2009
Oh wow. Oh wow wow wow WOW!

That fight scene was amazing! When Jan got stabbed I started shreiking, my sister was freaking out trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I'm yelling at her, "Kyle stabbed Jan!" and she is just simply "Oh I forgot about that"

how do you forget that?

What will happen next.

I'm so glad that I don't have to wait!
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 12 . 7/9/2009
Will they ever stop hurting each other?

Probably not, as I told my sister sometimes it seems like the best thing Jan and Kyle do is argue with each other LOL.

Still this is a lot of fun, it's nice to be back on track after Blaze and Galder.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 11 . 7/9/2009
I forgive you for taking off your stories, now back to the fun stuff!