Reviews for Obliviate
DylanL chapter 11 . 8/16/2015
firstly, please go back and reformat the story so that the scene are more clearly defined and there isnt so much confusion about when, where, and to whom actions are taking place. secondly, i thought the plot was interesting but i cant say i liked how the story ended. this dumbledore may not have done what he did for evil reasons but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. after the first time the memory charm didnt hold, dumbledore should have sought the help of a grief counselor, he actually should have done that first. i also hate that the story isnt properly categorized, i wanted a harry/luna story and this ended up being harry/oc. i know that when it was posted you could only have 2 characters but i think you should have updated it when they allowed up to four characters to be selected. even with these and my earlier complaints, i think the story is alright, if i was interested in harry/oc stories or harry/ginny then i think i would have liked it.
DylanL chapter 10 . 8/16/2015
the priori incantaem effect couldnt have been used as voldemort wasnt using his wand he summoned a DE's wand to him before he blasted hermione into a wall, if he had had his own wand he wouldnt have summed a DE's wand to him when she attacked. also i dont buy dumbledore's explanation. in the first chapter harry was trying to hide something from dumbledore, not confront him, so dumbedore's explanation doesnt make any sense. it sounds like dumbledore telling harry a lie to cover the fact that dumbledore did illegal mind magic on harry. i am still curious about why you said harry was a 6th year in the first chapter.

what really has been bugging me since the memories at luna's house is, if you didnt kill dumbledore at the end of 6th year, why the hell wasnt he out looking for the horcruxes himself, or at least with the trio while they hunted for them. how did voldemort take over with dumbledore still alive. also why was voldemort in such a ramshackle place if he had taken over, which was what you said happened when luna mentioned a 'occupation' during the war.
DylanL chapter 9 . 8/16/2015
this chapter's scene changes were especially bad as you changed what was going on just as some action started, totally confusing me until you mentioned someone's name.
DylanL chapter 7 . 8/16/2015
i am wondering if dumbledore messed with nora's mind so that a regular churchgoer like her, would be willing to sleep with someone before they were married or even had a proper date for that matter. i also wonder how dumbledore found nora and how he was able to get nora's fireplace connected to the network when she is a muggle living by herself with no wizarding relatives, especially given how much of a hassle it was to get the dursley's on the network for an afternoon in book 4.
DylanL chapter 5 . 8/16/2015
the last 2 memories dont make any sense, in chapter 1 you said harry was still a 6th year when dumbledore did what he did to him, so how could harry have left for the hunt or gotten involved with ginny, unless that wasnt harry but someone poly juiced to look like harry and probably with harry's memories so that they could fool everyone who knew harry, obviously that wouldnt be a problem now as they are dead. dumbledore had to have had them killed as it would be the only way he could get rid of harry and people not ask questions.
DylanL chapter 2 . 8/15/2015
the story is interesting so far, i am very interested in how dumbledore reasoned to himself that erasing the memories of the last potter and dumping them in a muggle hospital after so many years in the wizarding world, was for the greater good, but i would imagine that that is a question that wont be answered until the end. anyways i am reviewing now to point out that the scene change between dumbledore's office and harry's hospital room, was not well done. when you had that sentence with harry saying his name so much i thought it was dumbledore still and was wondering why he was doing it. this could be an issue that developed as the site changed over the last 9 years since this was posted, but thought i would mention it anyway in hopes that you will fix it for future readers
James018 chapter 11 . 2/23/2012
Good story. Liked the idea and the writing was good. I liked the finish, too, it didn't seem like the story dragged on or was cut off too soon.
Agravaine chapter 11 . 5/24/2011
Well, damn. Went into this story hoping for something fluffy and cheesy to take a break from the grim stories I usually read, and sure didn't get that.

I liked this a lot. There were some real lapses in judgment (super cheesy throwaway about Atlantis and Harry never even considering getting another wand, among others), but there were also a lot of things that were nicely thought out. I especially enjoyed the precursor to the fight in the barn - a desiccated Voldemort bargaining for his life with more than feeble pleas, and Harry and crew uncertain how to proceed.
Coyote Laughs chapter 11 . 4/21/2011
Hmmm...

You kind of bummed me out with this one. Yeah, part of me wants that sad, angsty ending (at least for Luna), but another part of me wants the happy ending (again for Luna).

I like your writing style, and I felt that the pace was pretty good. A good story, and I'm surprised that it hasn't gotten that many reviews (in comparison). Good job with this one, and hopefully in your future fics you won't break Luna's heart.

Coyote

ps I like the review you left for yourself.
ch0j1n chapter 11 . 1/4/2011
a nice story but how could u break luna's heart like that :(
Scabbers1957 chapter 11 . 6/5/2010
This was a real well written story.

invidian chapter 11 . 4/21/2010
The last chapter was truly beautiful.
Bialaska chapter 11 . 9/10/2009
This was a well-written story with lots of twists and turns. I must admit I was very disappointed about the ending, I mean Harry should start growing a pair and face reality and even if it was hard, then Luna could be on his side. I mean didn't he realize that if he and Nora ever had children it was very likely they would be magical, which would then drag him right back into the magical world and give him back his memories? So great story, with a disappointing ending.
Phantom of the Library chapter 11 . 9/1/2009
Due to the appallingly few reviews given to this exceptional story, I am now writing my first review in over a year, maybe longer.

While I personally do not like your Harry as a character, as he is very weak willed, you did write it in a very believable way and I very much enjoyed the story because of it. I felt you gave a very accurate portrayal of not being able to cope, and the sense of hopelessness that accompanies it.

The only criticism I have is the Voldemort scene, which felt a little choppy to me. Or, I should say, the fight scene was. But the main focus of this story was never action, and was as good as can be expected.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this story, as it is quite old, but I'm glad I did; because of it, I'm going to read your other stories.

- Best regards, Phantom
VacantSkies chapter 7 . 8/5/2009
Good job, nineteen year old self. You may be physically weaker, intellectually inferior, and just plain old n00bish, but this is entertaining me. Mostly because I keep forgetting what is going to happen next, yet also because it's giving me some cool ideas on what I want to do for those other stories lying around on this site, unfinished. Cool story, bro.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »