Reviews for Jack of Diamonds
Lady Asher chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
wonderful. realistic, a bit heartbreaking (poor Numair! sunk so low...) but with the ring of truth. I love oneshots in third person present, they're like little glimpses into somebody else's life, and the image at the end was perfect - past, present, and a little bit of future hope. absolutely splendid, bravo! )
zebrasdancing chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
its interesting how you got into Numair's mind.
vivekaM chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
This was a FABULOUS read, I would love to read more like it, or anything you might write about Tamora Pierce, Numair's ingenuity is fascinating, and his pain was very well represented.
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Great story! I think you captured Numair perfectly, and I've been looking for a story like this for ages. x
Tsuki No Shuurai chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Nicely done-I love to read stuff about Numair in his early days XD. Your imagery is crisp and clean, and I love the way this progresses.
Ellen chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
I like this story...it is well written and cannon
math music reading chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I'd just like to say this is really good. I think it's beautiful and you should write more.
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
This is really beautifully written-that first scene with the little girl is especially poignant and I love how you weave flashbacks of Ozorne and Varice into Numair's thoughts. In the fight, when Numair uses his magic to save the squire, I was a little thrown by "a black shield laced with purple fire springs." Does Alanna also have a hand in making the shield? For some reason, I remember Numair's magic being black with white flecks or something.

At any rate, much enjoyed.
The knights who until recently said Ni chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
This was wonderful... well written, elegant, well developed. If you made this into a full story I would definitely read it. I'm definitely going to go read some of your other work. Really nice job on this.
Zallah chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Very well written story - easily the most satisfying (and canon compliant) account I have read of Numair's early days in Tortall. Thanks for the great read.
LawisJustice chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
This is really good. I've never really read anything about Numair's time after the betrayal. So I'm glad I was able to read such a good one first! _. I suppose its a one-shot? If it isn't then I look forward to any more, otherwise I look forward to more of your stories.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Won't we get any more? I like this story!
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
I really liked it! A good use of flashbacks and Numair's thoughts. I really thought you kept true to the character, but made him your own too. I hope you write more about Arram.
mistywabbit chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Oh wow. Wonderful writing, really. Your take on Numair/Arram's life before he begins working for the Crown is brilliant. I really enjoyed it, and I quite like the idea that his Gift becomes less co-operative and controlled as he uses it less (which, I suppose, is what would happen.)

Brilliant! :)
Valeaze chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Please update. I really love this story! Keep up the good work.