Reviews for Trading My Sorrows
45686 chapter 14 . 7/3/2020
Hi, interesting story. It has one of my favourite characters, Severus Snape in it and my favourite topic christianity and apologetics in it. I was wondering if you were planning to get back to the topic of suffering/ evil and talk about free will, or that evil in the world helps us appreciate good. Or that suffering coming from our sin teaches us that sin is really bad, so that when we are free from the sinful nature in heaven we won't ever want to sin again because we will know how horrible it is and what a stupid thing it is to do. There is also Christians being faithful in suffering brings God glory.

I think it could be good for the story to have some evidence for Christianity in it. Like old testament prophecies fulfilled in Jesus or creation is so complex it needs a creator and could not have happened by accident.

Also I was a little wary of the old testament being talked about as Judaisim and the new testament as christianity because the old testament is necessary as a part of christianity. Without it we would not know that Jesus is the Messiah. I would describe the old testament as the history of God's dealings with people and perhaps mention that there are different dispensations.

Anyway, I have enjoyed this story whether it gets finished or not.
Rebekah
mcepl chapter 14 . 12/6/2017
I just have to say, it's a pity, this story was abandoned. So far it looked like the best Christian fanfiction out there (well, there are not that many which are worthy of even consideration). Thank you for this anyway!
Guest chapter 14 . 11/10/2016
Great job!
Sallyannlady chapter 14 . 2/8/2016
Hi Shadow Ballad. I don't even know if you still come to this site- it's been years since your last update, but I didn't discover this site until after Alan Rickman's death, and have been spending my time looking at all things Snape, and enjoying these stories. I'm particularly intrigued with yours, and I would love to know what did eventually happen with Snape and his quest for spiritual fulfillment. I'm not expecting anything after all this time- I just wanted you to know how much I've enjoyed this.
MilkBottleTop chapter 13 . 7/27/2015
I have to say this is one of my favourite stories. As a Christian, I found it very enlightening and I have to say some parts brought me to tears. Thank you.
daisycb chapter 14 . 3/22/2015
This has been a most interesting story. I would love to read more if you ever have the time and inclination to finish it.
Guest chapter 14 . 3/20/2015
Keep writing!
kathyjo chapter 14 . 12/25/2014
this is really good storyI have to think that may have been abandoned which is just sad but I hope that maybe someday you'll get back to it that it is a great story
Anonymous chapter 14 . 4/6/2014
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS STORY! I really enjoyed what I have read so far!
Anthezar chapter 10 . 1/24/2014
Ah, Sev, you really need to chillax. :/ Honestly, he seems to think that everyone will be able to understand potions exactly like he can. But as humans, we all have our own strengths and weaknesses. Not everyone is gonna get the subtle art that is potion making. LOL.

I realize it's been 3 and half years since an update. But I truly hope that you'll update this again. I wonder if there's any hope to that. As I continue to read, I look forward to the next chapter, but worry as the remaining chapters become smaller. This is definitely a beautiful story and I've enjoyed it very much. It's even given me some ideas for my own HP FF that I've been writing. Severus is definitely a character seeking for redemption, yet in many ways denying himself of it because of his low self worth.

Funnily enough, I haven't read the 7th book, nor will I in the near future. Fanfiction always seems to be better than canon and your story is most certainly proof of that. Even if you don't update ever again, thank you for the enlightening experience.

Anthy
Anthezar chapter 2 . 1/23/2014
HAHA, Sev battling it out with that bird. ROTFL. That was brilliant. Lovely story so far and that Pastor never said truer words - one should never wait until Saturday. XD LOL!
ManuscriptMaiden21 chapter 14 . 1/2/2013
PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AASE continue this story!
ManuscriptMaiden21 chapter 10 . 12/31/2012
Ugh. I know Snape is Snape, but he really shouldn't be so cruel to someone who helped him, what?, 6 times? Grrr...he may be my favorite character, but the reality about his character ticks me off. Good chapter, though
ManuscriptMaiden21 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
You know, I really thought your depiction of the Church was quite wonderful. I'm a Catholic girl myself, and I really must say that your description of it all was outstanding. I really am enjoying the plot. Lovely, really.
riverrat chapter 14 . 1/24/2012
Aaaaahh, I hope this isn't another excellent story going down the drain. I noticed it has been 1 1/2 years since your last update. Is there ANY way I can persuade you to continue? This is such a great story and it would be a real shame if it wouldn't be finished.