Reviews for Life vs Charlie
Cutter12 chapter 12 . 3/18/2012
Wow, Alan was a bit harsh at the beginning of your story. Though I understand the reasoning behind it, that still was tough for Don. I'm glad both Alan & Don worked it out. Good story, thanks for writing it.
csimesser1 chapter 12 . 1/28/2010
that was good loved it
zookitty chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
aw poor poor Charlie. He's so cute when he's half cationic haha. Love the chapter, last line is just terrific
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 12 . 11/21/2007
Alan harrumphed and grabbed the bag away from Charlie. He shouldered it and indicated a bus stop less than a block from the driving range. “We can take the bus.”

Charlie protested. “The bus? I’m tired, Dad, I don’t want to spend half an hour meandering all over Pasadena…can’t we call a cab?”

Alan started walking, striding purposefully toward the bus stop. “Charlie,” he said over his shoulder, “there’s a fine line between honest communication and whining.”

roflmao. I could totally picture that scene. Great chapter! Wonderful story, it's one of my favorites.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 11 . 11/21/2007
Fantastic chapter! I love the story!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 10 . 11/21/2007
Charlie reddened a little. “I’m sure it’s in my PDA.”

“And where is that, Little Bro?”

Charlie reddened some more. “Um…I’m not entirely sure…”

Don laughed. “Relax. I’ll call Larry’s cell.”

“Oh, boy.” They both looked at Alan. “You’re thinking Larry will remember?”

“He’s got to get the airport somehow. He must have a ticket or something to look at.”

Don looked back at Charlie, who was looking thoroughly unhappy. “What?”

“I think…perhaps…it’s possible I was supposed to call and remind him.”

Don raised an eyebrow. “Let me get this straight. Larry asked you to call and remind him to go get on a plane.”

Charlie nodded miserably. “Maybe it’s in my e-mail. You could probably find my lap top.”

Don finally relented and started laughing.

Alan looked at him. “What’s so funny?”

“I’m sorry, Charlie. Don’t worry about it. When I called Larry to ask if he could pick you up Monday afternoon, he got concerned and e-mailed me his itinerary, just in case you weren’t feeling up to par by Friday.”

roflmao. I was like...omg, between Charlie and Larry, LArry will probably end up somewhere in Alaska. Fantastic chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 9 . 11/21/2007
Just when I thought he was getting better...

lol.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 8 . 11/21/2007
Don grabbed the newspaper and sat down in a huff. He looked at his father. “So you’re saying I can’t get a girl to choose me over Charlie as long as he is conscious?”

Alan peered over his glasses. “No, Donnie, I’m not saying that at all.” He stared at his son intently for a moment, and then Don saw a glint in the old man’s eye. “Actually, Don, yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying.” He looked down and smiled into his crossword puzzle. “Go ahead. Prove me wrong.”

Roflmao. Even unconcious Charlie's still going to have the hair thing going for him. Fantastic chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 7 . 11/21/2007
Wonderful chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 6 . 11/21/2007
Poor Charlie! Great chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 5 . 11/21/2007
He remembered, then, a birthday party for a cousin the two of them had gone to, before Charlie was even old enough for school. There had been a clown, and Charlie had hidden under the dining room table for hours. “Charlie, it’s okay. The clown is gone. You can come out now.”

Aww, poor Charlie, he's afraid of clowns. My sister's afraid of them. Anyway, excellent chapter. (I hate the doctor guy though, I'm with Don he should've been kicked out of his residency) And in my least review I meant chapter, Great chapter. roflmao, we were discussing my sister's teacher while I was typing so I put teacher instead of chapter. Lol.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 4 . 11/21/2007
Great teacher!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
I feel bad for poor Donnie. Alan is being so mean to him.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 2 . 11/21/2007
“Dear God,” he said, and looked up at Don. “He’s burning up. Call 9-1-1.” Don just stood in the doorway, unable at first to make anything move. Alan raised his voice. “DONALD ALAN. CALL 9-1-1. DO IT NOW.” The tone of his father’s voice reached him, and Don grabbed the cell phone off his belt and placed the call with one hand, while he soaked several towels in cold water with the other. Disconnecting, he joined his father on the floor. When he looked at Charlie, he saw that he wasn’t unconscious, as he had assumed. Instead, his brother looked back at him, eyes wide and frightened. Gingerly Don used the end of a towel to wash Charlie’s face.

“Sh, Buddy, just relax,” he started, trying to make his voice as steady and soothing as possible. “It’s okay. You’re okay.” He felt Charlie tremble beneath him. “We’ve got you, Buddy. We’ve got you.”

OMG! Charlie! I must know what happens. That being said I'm off to read the next chapter!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Charlie focused bleary eyes on the ice cream, and a sound involuntarily escaped him. He sat down carefully at the table, eyes still on the ice cream.

“Don,” he rasped out, “you are the best brother in the entire universe.”

roflmao. I love it already. Fantastic chapter!