Reviews for Zinnia
niknakks chapter 16 . 3/30/2013
Would you mind doing one for Itachi? I'm very curious to see what type of plant/flower he would be compared to since I don't know much about plant life in general :)
Fanwoman chapter 16 . 8/15/2011
You know, I have more than once thought Sai would suit Hinata well. He is quiet and calm and almost as awkward with people as Hinata but in a different way. Plus, unlike Ino and Sakura, we've never heard what he thinks of her aesthetically. It's possible she might actually be someone he'd deem worthy of the term "beautiful." Anyway...

Wow, I'd never come across those meanings for hydrangea, only earnestness and understanding. It's not completely clear, this one, what the interchange between them meant, what is being understood, but it's touching none the less.
Fanwoman chapter 15 . 8/15/2011
Don't feel sorry for giving us tasty fic just because it's not done when you planed! XD

It really bugs me the series has given major sensei scenes to everyone but Kurenai, so this is extra appreciated.

Aw! That was sweet; I liked the team effort. :D
Fanwoman chapter 14 . 8/12/2011
Oh so cute! I love the group effort on this one, how everyone has something to say. :D

They each display their personal traits despite the few lines, even Shikamaru's hidden intellect, though, since the live in a world without a Rome, I don't think they would have Latin names for things.

Naughty Kakashi!

Team 9 was in a different homeroom, so it made sense to leave them out. And I honestly can't see Sasuke participating in such a frivolous conversation.

Thank you for the kind nod to an often overlooked yet vital character; we don't often get stories about him from POVs besides Naruto and Kakashi.
Fanwoman chapter 13 . 7/16/2011
I'd never heard of a furze. What a lovely vision of Ino! So sweet!
Fanwoman chapter 12 . 7/16/2011
Not knowing what to call them, what to call him, and stuttering...nicely woven! I like the idea of it being up high, where she can't but wants to reach. So poignant! How on earth did you find that meaning? We can only hope it's the case.
Fanwoman chapter 11 . 7/16/2011
Ooo, I hadn't noticed you hadn't done Kankurō yet. I'd always thought he'd make for a good political marriage partner with Hinata. Perhaps oleander for him, exotic and somewhat bold without being too flashy? Or maybe lavender? Ooo, how about garlic? Full of biting wit but representing protection, courage, and strength? ...but it wouldn't convey his noble birth. Maybe thistle?

Oh, I missed delphinium for Chōji, they would have been good.

Zinnia is perfect for her!
Fanwoman chapter 10 . 7/16/2011
Lilacs for Shino? Actually, they'd be good for Lee. Oh, and there you go. I had never noticed lilacs have heart-shaped leaves. So sweet! :D

Aw, no more guessing for me. Have you, by any chance, read "Three Months" by kaotic312? It's a hoot, involves practically everyone, and has Ino and much flower language in it.
Fanwoman chapter 9 . 7/16/2011
So not one I'd have picked, but it works just fine. :D

Lee...bouvardia, elderberry, chrysanthemum, hyacinth, sweet william...or hens and chicks. Heh. I'm going with chrysanthemum, so bold and forthright.
Fanwoman chapter 8 . 7/16/2011
Waa-hoo! My first guess was right! You mentioned all the reasons it was my first choice. Again, the parallels were lovely.

Chōji next, huh? Maybe peony, sweet william, geranium, honeysuckle, bugle...no, the flower of his birth seems best: lily of the valley, though they're not physically bold enough.
Fanwoman chapter 7 . 7/16/2011
I figured a cactus for one of the Sand Sibs would be an obvious choice. The question in my mind...*which* cactus? I'm curious to find out what you ended up choosing. Ooo! I like the contrast of spines and thorns. Oh! And the life-giving aspect comparing to Gaara becoming Kazekage...genius! And the bloom being open all night like Gaara didn't sleep is also very clever.

I've decided I should guess ahead, even if it's too late for that. For Shino, there are so many possibilities! I'm thinking maybe heather, lily, magnolia, or yellow jasmine. Then again, someone other than Hinata would probably pick monkshood or oleander, though oleander are so openly beautiful and smell so good, maybe not. LOL I wonder what you picked?
Fanwoman chapter 6 . 7/16/2011
Interesting! I like the choice. Such a sweet ending!
Fanwoman chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
I had been thinking, "rose" for Sasuke, too, but this is so much more than I knew about them. It makes it even better.

Oh, not hydrangia for him; he hardly flourishes in the rain. Besides, for Sasuke to get along with Naruto, it makes sense to have it be a flower that can handle sun. ...then again, maybe not; maybe a flower that doesn't like sun to contrast would work, too. LOL
Fanwoman chapter 4 . 7/16/2011
I admit, I'm a KibaHina fan, so the beginning, her feeling there was no one else like him, makes me smile. Oh! Oh! Yay! Resilient, courageous, active, protective...yup, that's him all right. It's just so good that she knows. With how little there is between them in the manga, it's difficult to know if she isn't as oblivious of Kiba's protectiveness of her as Naruto is of her interest in him. I prefer her being thoughtful and observant, like these portray her.
Fanwoman chapter 3 . 7/16/2011
Ooo! Interesting choice for Shikamaru! Interesting that he knew what she meant. These are so much fun!