Reviews for Changes in a Time of War
DaSalvatore chapter 13 . 4/15
I've been enjoying this sequel and will try to write a proper review at the end, but I needed to say something about this chapter.

It is, without doubt, a perfect example of a piece of great idea that should have been cut/trimmed. A lot of the Sharahak travelling stuff should have been trimmed to be summary only, rather than the deep explanation you have here.

For one, no one talks about their memories like this, especially no verbatim repeating entire conversations. It doesn't matter if Sharahak has perfect recall, it's unnecessary to actually repeat the conversations as exactly as he did.

Even his travelling could have been cut down given they pretty much got summed up as "wandered a bit, met some vampires I knew before, wandered some more." We don't need to know the exact layout of what he found on his travels, or even the level of detail about the weather.

Don't get me wrong, this is all wonderfully crafted (despite needing a bit of polishing), but if I was an editor/beta, I would have told you to strip the majority of this out and used the details as an extended outtake.

One of the hardest parts of writing is knowing that something doesn't fit, even if you think it's the best thing you've ever written. This chapter is a great example for your future writing to really think about what details _need_ to be shared, and what details you're sharing just because you've got the inspiration to weave a powerful tale.
Emrysa chapter 30 . 4/5
Just read it again. Still love it.
FotoDi chapter 21 . 3/20
Wow! I couldn’t have imagined or written that scene.
I am in awe of your writing and creativity. In this apex chapter you had achieve a violent & dramatic clash b/w HP & LV in which an Akren-trained and Fate-Touched HP/RA triumphed as was prophesied in canon. It was almost an anticlimax in that LV’s death was inevitable.

You foreshadowed LV’s dénouement earlier when you had Harry Potter try to explain the reality of The Akren School Phenomena to his old schoolmates —

The Akren School Phenomenon

In a diverse population of powerful ruthless individuals neither by arbitrary rules of morality nor shielded from personal accountability, the weak may perish but Bullies do not flourish because those who survive will not tolerate them.

AKREN SUCCES IS UNCOMPROMISING:

Natural talent & gifts are honed by honest effort & unfailing dedication, built through pain and perseverance, refined by constant challenge and failure, improved through research & experimentation,
inspired to ingenuity by facing adversity, further tempered and tested by forging alliances, and nurtured by showing/earning loyalty & true friendship.

AKREN MOUNTAIN SCHOOL OF MAGIC teaches
that open adversity, while potentially deadly,
fortifies adaptability, fosters dynamic learning,
and demands excellence because SUCCESS is
only measured by survival in the real world.

_

I am also very impressed by your editing — you must be ruthless to achieve such a tight focused plot ever complicated by new mysterious developments and unexpected twists all the while stoking the driving pace.

Readers are breathless as we feel building pressure as the leaders of the many magical species on Earth face the threat of either subjugation or annihilating from an unprecedented imminent Demon Invasion — in the millions.
lordlibrachaos chapter 30 . 3/11
this series not being completed really hurts so much ngl... anyone later find out what happened to Mirinda?
lordlibrachaos chapter 20 . 3/10
Vladimir... reminds me always of Putin
lordlibrachaos chapter 9 . 3/10
the plague makes me recall COVID-19
Callum Runchman chapter 27 . 1/4
I'm just gonna say this now, I love this series but I've realised that you haven't actually completed it so I'm leaving it here so to not be too disappointed later on. I really wish it was completed but after 12years there's literally no hope. A real shame but never mind
Eleets1125 chapter 10 . 12/15/2021
Beyond the enjoyment I get from this story I just have a hard time believing that any stable government would sanction and promote a school for teenagers that is designed to create highly intelligent, paranoid, and sadistically violent sociopaths. Much less for that school, which doesn't have any laws against crimes against humanity, to have treaties with every country on earth which allows students and alumni to operate completely outside of a countries laws.
Aelirenn chapter 29 . 11/29/2021
I can't remember if I ever guessed at Rahkesh's form so I'm guessing he's a dark elf if your universe has such things.
Forrimus chapter 30 . 10/30/2021
Twelve years too late, but is Rakesh going to turn into a Linnorm?
nater0730 chapter 1 . 9/26/2021
Even better
Guest chapter 13 . 8/30/2021
Se que no lo leerás, que ya dejaste de escribir y que no quieres que halla ninguna relación. Pero desde que leía el capítulo 13 no puedo dejar de pesar en que debe haber algo entre Nicodemo y Rahkesh.
Hedwig68 chapter 30 . 6/19/2021
Another Great Sory.
Thankyou.
SpaideZ chapter 1 . 6/9/2021
Just a Spade casually dropping by
Trevor chapter 30 . 5/29/2021
did you finish Part 3 & or 4 of this story and what name do i search under to finish the story
5,552 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »