Reviews for Changes in a Time of War
Gamblor chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Please dont make draco a large part of the story (I would prefer him dead but you obviously have plans for him) he just seems like mindless filler. And he would need a complete personality change. I just dont like the Rahkesh would have to hide himself from draco and be reminded of his past at akren a NEW begining for him.
bookaholic-au chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Very, very good. Definately for the favourites.
ShadowFlame85 chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Namach knows about Rahkesh's secret hehehehe. I loved the horcrux discussion, and that bit about part of Rahkesh's soul being in Voldemort is creepy and very good. One thing I didn't like is Draco's abrupt change into someone who could be intelligent and powerful. It just seems too, unlikely for me. I'm not saying that it ruins anything but still, don't have him as an Akren student. Also, if Rahkesh ever does decide to be turned into a vampire then I think that it should be Namach who turns him. They're both powerful, and they already have a mentor/student thing going on so it would be appropriate. Will Rahkesh ever legally change his name from Harry to Rahkesh?

All I have to say is once more thankyou for creating such a brilliant story and keep writing.
Andine chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
YAY! the secuel is out allready :):):) cant wait to see what its gonna be like
T.S chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
First off I love your story, its this is the second review I have ever bothered to write and im writing it to tell your your story is awesome so please don't lower or maybe even ruin by making Draco a major have him be too unstable to send to Akren and put at some other school maybe one were the other cannon characters have gone. Once again I love your story so please don't see this as a flame or something.
bjon66 chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
A great start... Second Chance is one of the best story's out there... This one certainly be up there.. Too bad it can't be made into a movie..lol.. JKR and Warner Bros would be so butt hurt...lol So, i wonder if Malfoy will figure out who Rahkesh is.. Maybe Daray threating to pack Malfoy's butt will bring him around...lol.. I will wait with baited breath for the next installment...
Meemei chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
I. LOVE. YOU. SO. MUCH! You are the awesomenss writer I have ever read. Dude, you could give Professionals a run for their money. Anyways, I wasn't sure whose, but I knew that Draco was gonna be someones slave. And have I told you I love you. You are My Fave Harry Potter Author. No lie.

Peace

Meemei
darrena chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Oh, joy! I'm so excited you have started the sequel! Love you!
jbfritz chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Great chapter! Please post more soon!
Daannamae chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I've really enjoyed A Second chance at life and the squel you just started. I like the theories you have and the characters that are in them. Keep up the good work. It would be intresting if you write this as an original novel.
A Rainy Day chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
yay more please! You did indeed end the chapter abruptly but thats okay. Voldemort having some of Harry's soul is interesting.
Zield chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
This is a good start, I didn't expect the horcrux conversation to come that soon though, it kind of seemed like jumping in head first but still managed to flow with the rest of the conversation/chapter. Another thing was the vampires being shocked about the horcruxes, that I definately liked it shows a fallibility in them as opposed to the first part where the seem like all knowing all powerful gods. With the Draco issue i have to absolutely agree with yojorocks' post on him. Please do not have him attend Akren and play an active part in the story. Even if he was to attend Akren if you are going to keep him in any characterization even resembling his canon personality he would be dead within the first week. With his completely turn around in the intelligence department in HBP, from someone who couldn't put two and two together to someone who was able to lead a small force of deatheaters into hogwarts under dumbledore's nose was annoying enough. Then you taking that further and making him "powerful, capable and with an exceptionally high IQ, enough to catch the eye of an aprox. 20 year old vampire" just shatters the character known as Draco Malfoy we met in all the other books. Having that type of Draco turn into an Akren student who would in al likelyhood be a main character would be an insult to the rest of your canon characters whom you have managed to keep in pretty good character for all of their appearances.

So please, if you insist on making Malfoy more than a mere slave keep him as a satellite character with an appearance ever 10 chapters or so like you did with the other main members of the canon cast.
Fyrning chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
loved it.

And yes I did pick up on Draco's fate from your last story. I am having trouble with one thing, just how poweful is Harry/Rahkesh? Or at least how powerful is he comparatively?
LegalAlien1 chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Great new chapter!

Things are definitely heating up even more than before. I wonder what the implications of Harry's soul fragment being within Voldemort are? Will Harry also have some form of immortality as long as this fragment exists?

Anyway, please write more soon!
Tschubi-chan chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I'm glad that you decided to continue with this story so quickly. I was a bit stunned when the last chapter of the other one finished with "the end".

I really like how you keep developing the magical races and even though bloodshed won't be avoided, you do not turn them into mindless killers...even though most human wizards deserve what they's get.

After reading this chapter I was once again stuck on Namach and Rakhesh. I Like Cyala and her coven but if Rakhesh should ever decide to let himself be turned I can't imagine anyone other than Namach. Maybe because Namach with all his 30 years reminds me of an older, incredibly intelligent version of Rakhesh. And they have that Mentor/pupil thing going on. There's so much more Rakhesh could learn for him.

On another note...I am glad that you stick to you ideals and do not pair Rakhesh either with a male ore female. I am the first to admit that I hold a certain admiration for a possible Daray/Rakhesh...even though both characters and the animagi are too volatile to be compatible. Still...liking a certain pairing doesn't mean necessarily it's good for the story and Rakhesh has way too much to deal to even think about getting hooked up with someone. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's your story!

I might not review very often. I apologise for that, but I always look forward to the next chapter. This has been by far one of the most original stories I've read both in HP-fandom and others and I love that originality. Your OC do not annoy as OC often tend to. They are not Mary Sues or Gary Stus which I'm grateful for. If you take HP fandom out of the equation, this would be a great original novel. Keep up this great work!
5,585 | « Prev Page 1 .. 360 367 368 369 370 371 372 .. Last Next »