Reviews for Changes in a Time of War
yojorocks chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Nice start but I will say right off the bat that I DO NOT want DRACO F*%#!& MALFOY of all people going to Arken. Please don't do that. I'm begging you. Use him for a few chapters like you did with Ron and Hermione, but leave him as that: a very small satellite character, not someone like Daray or even Ally. Please don't screw up your offshoot of HP by taking back such a main canon character. Regulus and the real Madeye are ok to check back in on from time to time, Lupin is stretching it, but Ginny, Nelville, Luna, the rest of the Weasleys, Hermione, and Draco should be off limits for major sidline characters. Please...
frozenwands chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
hey awsome i'm glad ur gonna take this beyond voldie deep up the great work
falseproffitt chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
wow your second is the best yet so keep it up
Pigwidgeon15 chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
*Jumps up and down on computer chair*

I tend to be an excitable person. That was great. I can't wait to see how he handles Draco. Maybe more action next chapter? I know, I'm an action junkie.

It's all so COOL!

Okay...please update really soon. Please?

Emma
Belgarion chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Hmm, great chapter. I liked the talk with Namach. Exactly how powerful is Voldemort compared to the vampires?

I liked the last part between Namach and Rakesh.

Taling about Dareys transformation has he treid what Rahkesh did with the Parseltougne transformation? that is sorround his body with Demon Magic and let it do as it wills?
maleficus-lupus chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I love it, but I have no words to match my feelings better then that so I just have to say one other thing: There is a function to change the status of a fic to complete, please change "A second Chance at life" to that.
Beth5572 chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I would love to see want you write next.

Terri
SafirePhoenix chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
amazing as always. i did catch that part about draco, and i was wondering when he would show up. i'm really looking forward to harry getting out of akren for a while, and i'm dying to know what's going on with the people he used to know. also, what ever happened with snape? i remember something about him, but i don't think he's gone yet... it's been ages since i started reading your stuff, i really need to brush up on the characters... well, i can't wait for the next chapter, update soon!
fire and napalm chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
*SQUE* Oh, this is so bloody cool! I LOVE THIS STORY! Best bloody story on the net, I swear. I'm almost obsessed.

And just to be odd, I just have to mention that the most interesting thing this story has brought up for me is a contemplation of Namach/Rahkesh. Honestly, that was just weird.

Yep, go to Namach about the soul magic factors. Very helpful. And of course he doesn't care that Rahkesh is Harry. He wants to be just another student, and so that's all he is to Namach. Just another, extraordinarily talented and fascinatingly unusual student. That has to be such a relief for him. Getting somewhere on his own talent. Coolness. I can't wait for the next chapter! I'm practically bouncing in my seat.

Fire and Napalm
PHEONIX39 chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
What a delight!

I actually had to go back and read the 2 chapters of ASCaL to see if I missed anything at the end. (silly me) I'm curious to see where you're going to have Ron go in this story. I still think he should be a slave. hm...perhaps along with Draco-two things he really hates-Vampires and Draco Malfoy?there's a thought. LOL! Anyway-REALLY like this story and I love Rahkesh! Especially when he's fighting. And the Elves? AH Just keep writing-I'll stay tuned.

CHEERS!

Pheonix39
joe chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
GREAT chapter i like the way this is going
Thanach chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
OMG... SO GOD! been waitin for it since you finished the last one, can't wait to read more of this...
AchillesMonkey chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Right. Two things that bother me. Number one: Fragments. There were a lot in the last fic, I only noticed a couple in this chapter. You wrote:

Alastor, as usual trusting Rahkesh to handle himself, had left with only a little argument, Regulus however had been deeply concerned, eventually Alastor had dragged him off. After Rahkesh’s Basilisk form got annoyed and started stirring. The magic catching Alastor’s attention and warning him that Rahkesh was not in control and the snake did not appreciate the well-intentioned concern.

The second sentence is a fragment. The third is awkward as well. Here is how I would write those sentences:

Alastor, as usual trusting Rahkesh to handle himself, had left with only a little argument. Regulus however had been deeply concerned and eventually Alastor had dragged him off after Rahkesh’s Basilisk form got annoyed and started stirring. The magic caught Alastor’s attention and warned him that Rahkesh was not in control and that the snake did not appreciate the well-intentioned concern.

Doesn't that sound better? It does to me. Here's a tip, before posting a chapter, read it out loud to yourself. Stop where there are periods and pause where there are commas. That should help you in figuring out the fragments.

Number two: Parseltongue and parselmouth. Parseltongue is the snake language. A parselmouth is what a person who speaks parseltongue is called.

That said, here's what I enjoyed about the chapter:

-Draco as a vampire slave. I can't wait to see what happens when he spends a week or so with Rahkesh. I hope Mariah does adopt him. It would probably be good for him.

-Namach. He's cool. I like him.

I can't wait until the next chapter. You're writing a good story. Don't abandon it. Many people will be after your head if you do.

Update soon please!
Amarine chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I saw the whole draco-is-Mariah's-slave thing. :)

And, I'm absolutely thrilled that this story came out so soon after the last chapter of the last one! :D
Daedreamer chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
One of the first to review one of your stories! Oh my! So proud of myself! Anyhow, I look forward to this story and from A Second Chance At Life and this first chapter, I have great expectations of the chapters to come.
5,585 | « Prev Page 1 .. 362 369 370 371 372 373 Next »