Reviews for The Power of Corvinus
meow114 chapter 7 . 1/2/2009
plz update
Adusiriel chapter 6 . 1/7/2008
That's awesome, girl! I like the imagery - you're really good at using descriptions to carry yourself through some of the more daunting scenes where it would be really easy to get bogged down with dialogue. Marvelous job.
london vixen chapter 5 . 12/2/2007
Aww... please update again soon!
starspawn07 chapter 5 . 11/21/2007
brilliant ! please update soon :)
Ajihadbmw chapter 4 . 8/24/2007
i have to say this is really gud. i havent read a gud story on this site in a long time. i like how u did the characters. keep it up an add more soon
Mark Question chapter 4 . 6/15/2007
Finally, some originality.

I'm a big fan of Underworld (and more specifically Selene) but I hardly ever read any fics in this section for the simple fact that they're all the same. The dynamics are the same. The premises are the same. And Michael is boring (what?). I won't pretend, your premise is essentially the same as the movies, you have the cold, detached vampire alongside a more human element. But the way you've visualized and characterized Selene through your character's eyes makes it interesting – makes her more sympathetic.

There was always a bit of comfort, a lack of development to the characters in the movies (IMO), and it's nice to see an unfolding of things here.

You have a touch with words:

* “What's it like?” he asks.

“It's death. You understand that, don't you? You lay down each night knowing that you don't desire sleep. You eat each meal knowing that you feel no hunger. Blood is the only sustenance, Alyn. I need no blood, but I don't know what will happen if I turn you. You will desire companionship, but want nothing more than to be alone. It's misery, depression, hatred.” *

That sums things up accurately; very evocative and poetic. It makes you pause and think about the dichotomy of the concepts, and makes sense after.

Alyn – your character – is interesting. To this point his motivations are believable, even his affection for Selene. I'd like to know a little bit more about how he got to where he is though. I'd like to get a better sense (however briefly) of the entanglements he left behind, a slightly greater feeling that he existed before he found her. I hope that makes sense.

Selene is at once deadly and vulnerable. At the end of this chapter, where you described her demeanor and mood, right before she asked him if he'd stay, you did a good job and got the effect I presume you were aiming for. Good job.

I'm not saying this is perfect or the best fic I've ever read. It's pretty good though and if I may say, can get better – that's all.

Anyway, solid story. The premise is interesting and the characterization so far compelling. I'm looking forward to chapter five (and no, I don't usually write reviews the size of short prologues).
london vixen chapter 4 . 5/10/2007
Brilliant! Great to see you updated :) Please continue!
unitfive chapter 3 . 3/5/2007
I love this story please don't stop continue i want more more more lol truly this is good i was skeptical at first but now i love it very wonderful please continue :)
london vixen chapter 3 . 2/2/2007
Wow awesome! This is a story I will expectantly follow!
choksantos chapter 2 . 1/24/2007
your good please continue.
Adusiriel chapter 2 . 11/30/2006
Now, really, my dear. You really have to continue.

I have spoken.
Adusiriel chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
You don't accept anonymous reviews. So I made an account, just for you. )

And what do you mean, you aren't that great of a writer? That looks like some definitely good writing to me, babe. You'll have to fill me in on back story, though, because I think I'm missing out on something important by not having seen Underworld II.

Keep it up!
Rosalicious chapter 2 . 8/29/2006
nice, but micheal can't be dead :D please bring him back :P

xx-G.
leogrl19 chapter 2 . 8/26/2006
Hey, don't worry about it. I think it's good and a lot of writers don't like their stuff, including me, but other people are all "Whoa! This is the best crap I've ever seen!" And you're like really, I thought I could done better.

I also liked Selene's explantion for keeping Alyn along. It was so blunt, yet still aloof...if that makes sense. Good work though and can't wait for the next one.
jimmy-barnes-13 chapter 2 . 8/26/2006