Reviews for As The Trumpets Sound
bridget chapter 11 . 1/23/2011
I really liked how you went with this. It is definitely good to know that there are many Eva/Sparda stories and each so different in their own. :) I'm not very good with reviews and I don't do them often but I thought that I would let you know that I really enjoyed your story. :) Keep writing and have fun!
Barranca chapter 11 . 9/18/2009
A different approach, and it rings very true. Of course, it is quite extreme but then it could have been more horrifying. Eva could have been someone who did not find forgiveness in her. There's a sliver of hope in the end :)
safa56bmc chapter 11 . 6/2/2009
"I don’t hate you,” she told him.

That was all she could say for now. She wouldn’t lie to him.

His happiness was as bright as the sun."...

these 3 lines were the best in my opinion...all thro the fic i wanted eva to be in love with him...and then when i was loosing hope...she said that...and i felt at peace...thank u...
Hollow Sanctuary chapter 11 . 12/20/2008
Aw! That was an awesome ending! I love anything with Sparda but your stories are the best :)! I hope you write another one soon! I'd tell you if there was anything really wrong/big arse grammatical error, but there are none. Yay! I wish I could write as well as you do.
xenocanaan chapter 11 . 9/4/2008
I loved this!
eterniawolf chapter 11 . 5/3/2008
This was such a great fanfic! It actually mad me feel really sad at the end. Not very many fanfictions I've read can move me that much. Finally, the happy ending was great. I love stories with happy ending (even though sad ones are good too). You did an excellent job writting Eva and Sparda. I couldn't stop reading this from start to finish (I even had to read the chapters on adultff...even though I technically shouldn't have been there until one more year...*hates been 17*). The two chapters on adultff were wrote very well too. Overall, this fanfiction was great. Now, I plan to read Rapture and Angel Saga sometime in the near future. _
Rosie McLovin chapter 10 . 4/21/2007
Alright, I think I finally realized what it is that makes me love, yet hate, this fic. I love it because for the most part, it's very realistic and very moving. You did a great job writing it. Personally I reccommend sending it to the guys at Capcom and getting their opinion, because I think they'd really be impressed (and hopefully it would inspire them to make a Devil May Cry prequel where you play as Sparda, follow his story line, and it thoroughly explains how he became a hero and met Eva and all that goodness, because that would be sweet.)

The reason I hate it is because the relationship between Sparda and Eva is just irritating in this fic. I, personally, could never allow Sparda to get that close to me after what he did. I wouldn't let him hold me while I drank his blood. I'd be telling him to put it in a glass and make him leave the room, and I'd drink it by myself (since he'd only enchant me into drinking it anyway, might as well not resist.) I wouldn't let him touch my stomach or hold me the way he does to Eva. If he didn't leave the room, I'd be throwing chairs and stuff at him until he did, no matter how futile it was. And I wouldn't let him speak to me, let alone say my name, unless I was really, really, REALLY lonely. And even then, he'd have to stay on the other side of the room and our conversations would probably consist of how much I hate him and how much I'd make him hate me.

As for the twins, this is me being me, but I'd probably leave as soon as I gave birth. I wouldn't want the kids. I never wanted to have them. He's the one who wanted them, so HE would be the one in charge of taking care of them. But I guess that would be a little out of the question, seeing that Eva was going to be a nun and that would be a cruel thing to do to innocent children. But I'd make it known to them that Sparda was their father, but not my husband. And I'd make it obvious that I didn't care for him.

Personally I'm a little irritated that Eva allowed Sparda to get that close to her after she knew he enjoyed raping her. Even if he did know that what he did was wrong, I don't think I'd ever let him be happy. Eva should've probably let him only be happy when he was with his children. She'd be merciful in not denying him the right to be with his children, but I don't think I would ever go on that date with Sparda, let alone kiss him. And I'd be more then happy to sacrifice him after what he did.

The ending was kind of a let down too. I can understand her not hating him as much as the story progressed, since he was killing her with kindness throughout the whole thing, but I don't understand why Eva would just stop hating him all together, let alone still be with him. Since Vergil and Dante were grown up and Sparda was back, I thought she would've went back to being a nun for sure, and return to the life she once had. Or at least let her family know that she was alright and be around them (if they were still there). Nonetheless, I dislike the idea of fics where it's all "he raped me but I ended up falling in love with him". After all Sparda did with the kidnapping, torture, and rape, not to mention taking away everything she loved and wanted the moment he met her, having him and Eva hook up is just sickening in a way. She has a lot of inner strength and she is caring, but I really think that showed a lot of ignorance there.

Don't get me wrong. This is one of my favorite Devil May Cry fics. But everytime I read it, I can't help but feel somewhat annoyed with how Eva is. Then again, this is Eva, and not me. If I was in her position, I'd probably do all of the above and more. But since I'm not... *shrugs* I'm just rambling now.

Anyways, sorry I haven't been posting in the Dante/Nevan community on LJ. Been preoccupied with a bunch of stuff.
What chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Excuse me, how exactly can you love both Sparda and Eva when you know absolutely nothing about either of them? Sure, you know what they look like, but you know nothing about their relationship or what kind of people they were, personalitywise anyway. How can you be a fan of the couple, let alone the characters, when the game doesn't even cover them?

It sounds ridiculous to me.
Rosie McLovin chapter 11 . 1/15/2007
Because I love this fic and worship the ground you walk on, I suppose I had to review this.

Overall I thought the fic was very deep, powerful, and enjoyable to read. But there were a few things that really irked me about it. The first part... would definately be the drama. Sometimes it was just too much for me and I couldn't go on reading for awhile (but eventually came back to finish the story,'cause it's that damn good). But, taking the plot (and what happens to Eva) into conscideration, I could forgive the drama being there, because we all know that if I didn't, I wouldn't have bothered reading the entire fic.

But one thing that really bothers me is the fact that I absolutely hated Sparda. You know, I'm used to reading about him as such a great character and a hero and stuff, and this was definately a big change. Personally if I was Eva, I couldn't possibly bring myself to not hate Sparda after everything he had done. For one, I despise rape, and two, having someone cut you up all ritual-styled is just too morbid for my taste. I'd be estatic about killing the son of a bitch. I'd be like "I DO want to kill you, actually. Lay down on the table and spread your legs, I'm going to fucking castrate you right now"...

And I'd also be like "Oh? You're dying? Give me ten minutes, I'm going to call up some friends, order a few pizzas and have a celebration".

...I guess it's a good thing that I wasn't in Eva's position. I think that would've ruined the fic. XD

I really don't know what it is about this fic (and I know this review is nothing but 100% pure rambling). One minute I love it to death, but when I get to talking about the things that bothered me, I realize that it's what really made them great and interesting... buh, I'm just going in circles. I'll review again once I figure out what the fuck I'm talking about. XD

Anyways, great fic, great ending, rock on.
tenamanda1988 chapter 11 . 1/8/2007
What a sweet ending! I'm so glad it didn't end all gloom and doom XD
LadyTigerFuyuko chapter 11 . 12/30/2006
That's a very unexpected ending for this story, though not an unwelcome nor an unsuited one. I enjoy Rapture for its snapshots of various events in the twins life and the loving life of a different Eva and Sparda, but I think overall I enjoy 'As The Trumpet Sounds' for its overall tale more.
destructo888 chapter 11 . 12/29/2006
That was the perfect ending. Still a little bummed that this srory ended tho.

Aweseme Fic
LadyTigerFuyuko chapter 10 . 12/27/2006
Good chapter. I've actually like the last few, but I didn't want to review all over the place. I liked the range of emotion that Eva had during Sparda's death chapter, the war with her own morals and her own wants for justice. I also like the distinction between the boys coping methods about their father's death, and Eva's coping with her new 'freedom'. Not sure I like the death scene for her, but I guess it makes a nice contrast to Sparda's and it fits with canon's way of dealing with her death.
anonymous chapter 9 . 12/16/2006
This is why i loves your stuff ; you have a way of making things so ILLOGICAL but still work.
Sylla chapter 9 . 12/15/2006
Oh. That is really, very sad. And in being so sad, I actually thik it fits quite well with the DMC style- seeing as all the games have more or less bittersweet ends. On one hand, I'm actually glad Eva had the strength to finish it, and it didn't turn all rose-colored at the end- but, of course, the SxE fangirl in me wanted it to be that way. XD

Anyways, I really enjoyed reading the fic overall, having such a different take on SxE can be a double-edged sword, but you managed to pull it off really well.