Reviews for How Things Could Have Been
Yuunari chapter 52 . 2/11
I loved this story! Emotional rollercoaster and I adorned every minute of it. So well written (with minor spelling mistakes but easily corrected) and an engaging story that was believable.

For a moment the final battle broke my heart until the truth came out and I felt a wave of relief. Yet it was so well executed that it even had me tricked. The epilogue was wonderful and the perspective highly entertaining.

The only thing I'd criticize is the lack of Sirius Black but what can you do when the character had already died. Alas one can not have it all. Although I personally adore Sirius more than I probably should haha.

Once again, such a good story. Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us, me, and everyone that still hasn't come to read it.

It's worth the read and you won't be disappointed when you do!
lovergyrl100 chapter 23 . 2/7
Let me guessProfessor Bassey is Lily's best friend who hasn't been seen since they "died"
FriendLey chapter 3 . 10/5/2016
The lack of use of possessive apostrophes in your stories makes reading and comprehending a bit challenging. For instance, I had a hard time distinguishing "Andies" as a name until I realized it was supposed to be "Andie's" in reference to Andromenda. I hope you can take the time to edit the chapters again some day. The story itself, however, is really... For a lack of a better term, bewitching.
FriendLey chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
This is interesting.
mspstar97 chapter 52 . 8/14/2016
Ok, so I'm really intrigued by this fic. I'm all for Lily and James actually being alive for Harry. I've only actually finished reading up to Ch. 14 or so. I'm enjoying the story but some of the little mistakes and style issues are putting me off. I think I'm going to take a break from this fic for now but I'll definitely keep this tab open for later. Maybe I'll even favorite this fic by the end. Congratulations on writing this very well-received fic!
Wings236 chapter 52 . 5/20/2016
Wow. This last chapter was great.
Dock122 chapter 14 . 3/29/2016
Penishead niggerfucker
Mel chapter 52 . 11/7/2015
Awesome
bearblue chapter 4 . 9/21/2015
I had a moment of "NO! Don't do it! Don't contact Dumbledore!" LOL.

I guess we shall see whether he's manipulative D or good guy D.

That said, this is surprisingly enjoyable. Thank you :)
Guest chapter 52 . 7/18/2015
SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUTE BEST EPILOUGE EEEEEVEEEEERRRR
RangerTreaty chapter 52 . 7/3/2015
Absolutely and utterly amazing.
ruth chapter 52 . 6/28/2015
I know you might never see this review since its been 8 years when you wrote 'how things could have been. But, i say this sincerely, you are a great writer, the best. I can't find words strong enough to describe your writing skills. You were simply amazing. I LOVE YOU.
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 52 . 3/25/2015
Halfway through this story I would have hesitated to favorite it, if only because the plot seemed somewhat cliche and there were regular enough little mistakes to get on my nerves (maybe go back and proofread again sometime?). It also bugged me that you didn't explain why Peter was missing two fingers rather than his whole hand. The ending totally brought it back together though; I love that Peter was the explanation for everything, and that you didn't try to justify his actions. He was still clearly in the wrong, but wasn't totally bad, and that was enough. I do wish you'd included more of (old) Jane toward the end... she was a regular character up until we found out who she was, then practically disappeared.

I really liked the way you ended things with Harry and Draco, with them understanding each other a bit better and coming to a truce but still keeping that rivalry in place. They won't ever truly be friends, but they don't have to hate each other, and this really reflects what the sorting hat keeps telling the houses. Thank you for not being afraid to kill favorite characters, and for not ACTUALLY killing them all ;)

Would love to see a couple of spin-off oneshots, particularly your original storyline with Dudley trying to beat up Jane, or future interactions with the Dursleys. Lily and Petunia started to mend some bridges, and I'd like to see where that wound up. I also think it would be hilarious to have Jane get panicked with Dudley coming after her and use accidental magic, and then Harry defend her from him and explain to her what she'd just done. I can just see her parents coming along and her introducing him by telling them what he did!

I also would have loved to see more of Harry being stubborn and rushing into danger, not listening to his parents when they try to stop him because he's used to doing everything on his own, and dealing with the fallout. That said, I really did enjoy where you took the plot. The characters were all very believable, and I appreciate that you didn't have everything immediately become perfect once James and Lily were back. I thoroughly enjoy the read, and would love to see more from you!
Roma Fawcette chapter 23 . 1/22/2015
Sneaky feeling that Professor Bassey is Jane, the mysterious missing maid of honour

Roma
Kelly White Peach Lover chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
Best story ever! It took me forever to find on the internet!
1,109 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »