Reviews for The Truth is Painful
Dark White Fang chapter 14 . 12/15/2013
JUST WONDERFOUL ! Too bad you don't own the Sol Blade (u)
GreatAether96 chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
:) Hehe. I can't help but enjoy the fact the Jenna continuously finds blunt object to aggravate Felix with... And the fact that he continuously makes the wrong choices. :D
GreatAether96 chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Ah, I remember when I first read this story... I simply HAD to reread it after completing TLA for the umpteenth time. :) And I'm starting to think with the emoticon bubbles again. Dang! In any case, I happen to love this pairing, and the comedy that, as far as I can recall, exists in this story. Do please continue this exquisite work. It brings all of us Sandshippers bigger grins than Alex has on throughout most of the storyline. :) And there are the bubbles in my head again. CURSE YOU VIDEO GAMES-THAT-ARE-SO-GOOD-YOU-BEGIN-THINKING-IN IT'S-UNIVERSE-AND-DESIGN. XD
Isaac777 chapter 14 . 1/20/2010
Note: This review spoils the story, so if you haven't read it yet, only read the first and last paragraphs of this.

Great job with this story, I enjoyed my evening reading this. There's a lot to like about it. I particularly liked the way the romance was written between Felix and Sheba, a pairing that is often cited as popular, but often overlooked as a secondary romance in stories. This was one of the better written romance stories I've heard. The plot seemed pretty original too with Sheba being banished and the whole Lemurian Temple business, quite far from a "template plot line".

There were some things that could be improved on too, the end battle was pretty well written but seemed a bit short. I felt that a Migeddo just ending it like that seemed a little too easy, maybe having some other stuff Djinn summons summoning Judgement, almost dying only to be given a second wind by a divine spirit or by hearing Shebas' voice or something like that. You could even have her intervene or something. Also Some of the scenes change rather abruptly and certain transitions seemed forced, like leaving Conigito the first time.

Most of the questions about what happens to everybody are answered in the last chapter and the epilogue. I do have some lingering questions about the fate of the Lemurians who were banished and what happened with that civil war. Also a little bit more background on Sheba in the Anemos chapter would have improved the storyline a tad, perhaps more deveolopment with Simon or something. Also just the general Fate of that Civilization, it just seems a little well anti climactic at the end just defeating Dullahan as stated in the last paragraph. If you ever feel like making this just a little bit better, I would recommend leaving it as is and changing the ending to something where Yegelos down and bring Anemos to re-unite with earth or something crazy like that. Maybe have all the adepts join forces and take the Anemos army out, there's a ton you can do with that, even add another ten chapters with a huge war on Weyard if you wanted and who knows what kind of crazy stuff you can do from there. Also perhaps more on the bit about Yegelos' relationship with Hoabna. These are just ideas if you ever wanted to pick this up or imporve on it before the next game comes out.

Overall I would give this about a 7.5/10 or so, for the romantic elements and vivid description and writing style. When I read this I felt the story if you can understand what that means, and when you can feel emotion as you read a piece, it's worth your time to read.
ThorHammer17 chapter 4 . 7/21/2009
All of the less-than-many villagers backed away from the dock

Less than many villagers. I like it.

I can see, in a sense, where this story is headed. You may have tried to put a little bit more effort into the whole "let's make it just the two of us" thing. It pretty much gives away feelings. You seem to be a very good writer, so you ought to at least meet your own standards.

Sometimes, you are vague. ;) But really. Try especially hard when you're talking about emotional details. That seems to be the focal point for your vagueness (no pun intended).

That's all for now. In fact, I'm thinking bed time. Football camp beckons...

Rock and roll

ThorHammer17
ThorHammer17 chapter 3 . 7/21/2009
“Listen, I’m sure he has his reason for not telling you. I am unsure as to what he’s thinking, but I trust him to know what he’s doing.

Foreshadowing?

By the way, I did forget one thing in my last chapter review. There is this great joke about Garet...

So, Garet accidentally left a condom in his jeans. His mom finds it, and, instead of grounding him for the rest of his life, looks at him and says, "Who would f- you?"

I hate Garet. He gets cursed. And, quite frequently, shafted with the worst of the 'heavy weapons'.

Not a bad chapter. I'm looking forward to more.
ThorHammer17 chapter 2 . 7/21/2009
Several things, in something that resembles order.

People are a little OOC here, but you did warn me, so I won't hold it against you. I just feel like everyone is lacking in maturity that they should have developed after completing a save-the-world quest.

And, yes, I am a pervert.
ShiaoPi chapter 14 . 12/1/2008
This took long enough to fully read it :D but anyways I cannot put it in any other words that I know instead of these:

THIS FIC IS SUPER AWESOME!

I enjoyed every single word and chapter. This is such a great piece of work. Nicely build up storyline, epic fights, challenging problems, romance this fic had it all. Well enough of my words, thank you for writing such a wonderful story!

-ShiaoPi
A raging Ghost chapter 14 . 3/25/2008
I love it! I WANT MORE! MORE
A raging Ghost chapter 9 . 3/24/2008
i love it will get back to it though
A raging Ghost chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
i don't know but i think i read this at least once

i will again though it's hilarious
Spirit Seer chapter 14 . 3/17/2008
Dude. That. Was. So. AWESOME! XD I love it. I loved the story. Man, why do I always take so long to get to it... T_T The ending was great. I could picture the rolling credits and the narrator doing the dramatic ending, esp. that last sentence. Those last 3 paragraph were awesome, and the final sentence really threw in the final punch. Awesome job, Leoshi. This is going on fave list.

What else can I say? :D You wove an awesome story, and I loved it. I'm sorry it took so long for me to come back to it. I give my thumbs up and a spot on my fave list, if that means anything. And I tip my hat. (tips invisible hat) Congrats on finishing The Truth is Painful and thanks for the awesome read! It was fantastic. :D
Spirit Seer chapter 13 . 3/17/2008
Hey Leoshi! :D Awesome chapter. This was awesome. I loved his speech at the end; that was really cool. And I thought it was cool how they managed to get to Vale despite their total exhaustion; I wonder if there was some djinn-help there. And I liked how they met Jenna coming in. I really liked how she entered there, and then you have the sun set symbolism with Felix and Sheba, his little speech, and then Jenna returning at the end and gaining courage from their found love to go and approach Isaac. That was cool. I hadn't seen that coming, so I thought that was awesome. I had actually thought that the section seperator was going to signify an author's note, so I was taken by surprise. XD Awesome chapter again! :D

Oh! And I've joined the forum! :D
Spirit Seer chapter 12 . 2/11/2008
Whoa! That was completely awesome! Took me a few sittings (I have a half hour time limit), but I completed it! :D And it was awesome! Now you get your review for the chap. _

I have really enjoyed your poetic way of writing. It really keeps me captivated and a firm mental image in my mind.

...33 pages? (dies) Whew, that's long...

"Felix's Sol Blade let out a howl!" (rotfl) (wipes tears of laughter) Sorry, but I really thought that part was funny. I was leaning into the screen all intense, hearing the subconscious dramatic despairing music in the background, the hopelessness that he's going to die, and then salvation appears in a glory of realization and light... and the Sol Blade lets out a howl. (LOL) It just totally broke the intense mood with some comic relief. I had a picture of the game in my mind... _ That was really funny.

Great chapter again! (Sorry I have you waiting forever my reviews...)
Mima-chan chapter 8 . 1/22/2008
How did I get here...oh well.

I LOVE THIS! And I really like your 'writer's voice' (Ah noo Mr. Craddock stay out of my head) As weird as that sounds.

Poor Piers been baneeshed. T_T

Conservato is some kind of jerk (lightly put -doesn't know language restrictions here or just forgot-). Who blank space...-dead-
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »