Reviews for Beginning's End
dolph01 chapter 12 . 5/21
What a great story! The characters are so well done, and I love the way you've gotten them together. Awesome love story!
Little Miss Defensive chapter 12 . 2/14
Best story EVER. Thank You!
Teylizabeth chapter 12 . 5/29/2016
Wow! That was such a great story. I was with them the whole way! I'm rarely that fascinated in a story from beginning to end! You've got a gift! I've read almost all of your story's here, on wraithbait and CommandDynamics. Damn, you're talented!
SalishSea chapter 12 . 2/11/2014
Absolutely wonderful. You published this story 7 years and 8 months ago at the time I'm writing this review (feels like time travel). It must be bizarre to get reviews so many years in the future. Anyway, being a SGA show fan and reading a lot of SGA fan-fiction over the past year this has probably been my favorite story. There's so much I want to say about it. First, this is a novel length story and it was crafted so well. You never ran out of steam, you keep me connected with the characters and their conflict and twists and turns, it was amazing. Second, your technical skills are astounding. I cannot recall more than one or two tense or pronoun errors - which is a heck of a lot better than most professionally edited, commercial novels. Your attention to detail was incredible. For me, if the technical part is not good, it takes me out of the story. This story is technically probably one of the best, if not THE best I've read period - regarding any fandom. I so appreciate your effort with that. Third, you really captured the characters perfectly. It's easy for fans of the show to find flaws in the way characters are portrayed in fan-fiction because we have hours and hours of on screen characterization to compare to. You captured Sheppard and Weir's personalities perfectly. Finally, this was a wonderful romance with an epic arc. It really delivered. I am so happy I found this story and read it. And even almost 8 years later this is an incredibly wonderful, moving work. Thanks so much for writing this story.
Kathryn0505 chapter 7 . 1/4/2014
I read this story on WraithBait but wanted to leave my review here. This story was seriously one of the most well-written, well-planned, bittersweet fics I've ever read. I wanted to cry all through the end because I could just feel how John and Elizabeth were feeling knowing that they had to go into the stasis pods. I also loved that he tried to save her. It was beautiful but heartbreaking. I just can't say enough about how amazing this fic is! You have a real gift for writing.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/5/2013
Just found this brilliant story. This is one of the best sga stories written. Have been reading all your sga stories and I can say brilliant, amazing. Sorry to read in your bio that you stopped writing sga / sparky stories :(( maybe one day you will start again for they are some of the best, amazing stories. Thank you for sharing. :))
harrylee94 chapter 12 . 3/25/2012
... Oh, My, GOD!

This was AMAZING! I couldn't stop reading! Sure it might have taken me a day or two, but IT WAS SO WORTH IT!

The twists and turns were works of pure genius! There was no way I would have suspected Alana, or that Moros was actually a decent guy.

Definitely THE best SGA 'Before I Sleep' fanfic I've ever read!
the brown cow chapter 12 . 11/18/2011
great story :)
tenaciouserr chapter 12 . 7/31/2009
Wow, this was amazing. Well written, a great idea. I've often wondered what would have happened if John had gone back too, and I think this is exactly how it would have gone. Absolutely amazing, and sweet and touching and after he pushed her through the gate to Earth I was rather glad she came back, right hook and all. :)

I also squealed happily when you brought Janet in. It's nice to know that, in this world at least, she's still alive and still as doctor-y as ever. The whole conversation about Rodney telling her medicine was voodoo was epic. Very great job. :)
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 12 . 1/19/2009
Nice idea, I have to admit; if nothing else, you definitely put a GREAT deal of thought into what life might have been like in Atlantis back when the Ancients ran things.

John and Elizabeth’s various interactions with the Ancients were very well-written, clearly demonstrating the mixture of comradeship and conflict between them and their new allies, due to the Ancients’ willingness to work with them- up to a point, obviously; sending them to the future remained something they wouldn’t do- while some of them initially treat John and Elizabeth like little more than a few lucky Neanderthals that got lucky before they’ve ‘proven’ themselves.

On that topic, it was really rather interesting to see how having TWO people back in the past affected the Ancients here; in the original timeline, Elizabeth on her own didn’t seem to do much- most likely because, as she was alone, she felt less comfortable taking ‘risks’ and leaving no hope for saving her expedition, whereas here she has John to serve as a second voice to encourage her to do more-, but here they not only (Albeit unintentionally) cause the death of more than a couple of Ancients,but leave the survivors with a not-insignificant amount to think about (To say nothing of having the chance to meet such Ancient ‘classics’ as them travelling on the “Aurora” in its prime and John suggesting ‘puddle jumpers’ as a name for the Gateships to the ANCIENTS)...

Interesting touch with Moros actually presenting a decent argument for NOT travelling in time, by the way; if it wasn’t for the fact that John and Elizabeth’s trip could have easily been kept secret from the other Ancients- since they were only going to the FUTURE to try and change things, nobody in the present would be aware of what they’d done-, I might have agreed with him, but as it is they would have, and so I did not (Probably for the best you had Janus’s plans destroyed with that factor in mind, really; the debates that Moros and Elizabeth might have entered into as a result if the plans had survived would have been interesting, but they might have just become tedious fairly quickly).

Admittedly I would have preferred if you’d kept Carson around rather than having him be replaced by Janet in the ‘new’ timeline- and a part of me can’t help but wish you’d left the whole ‘different timeline’ thing alone; at least the original version of “Before I Sleep” suggested that Elizabeth had actually changed the history of HER universe, rather than just creating a new one (Besides, if the Ancients refused to time travel themselves how could they be sure that the ‘alternate timeline’ thing would actually be the case?)-, but that aside, a very intriguing and moving storyline.

And as for the end...

When one John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir came together as another pair finally ended their long journey through time and space to save Atlantis...

BEAUTIFUL, to say the least.
Monday the 14th chapter 12 . 1/7/2009
I really liked your fic, great job!
Kitty Invictus chapter 12 . 7/14/2008
All I can say is WOW. I can see why this story won an award. Absolutely amazing. Brilliant AU idea. great work.
sparklyshimmer2010 chapter 12 . 6/18/2008
i cant beleive its taken me a year to find this fic (i must have read some othrs of yours?) because this is *damn brilliant* i just spent forever reading it but im glad i did.
greggo chapter 12 . 5/1/2007