Reviews for Boy Anachronism
ShamRockCenter chapter 11 . 11/14/2012
I honestly... It's just... I really can't use words to describe my feelings. And trust me, that NEVER happens. Thank you for this story.
Dippy Conlon chapter 11 . 8/19/2006
And I thought the poem alone was depressing.

I think this is probably the most intense story I have ever read. I sat down to read it and could not stop. Even when I started to feel nauseous two chapters from the end from the sheer emotion of the whole thing, I could not stop.

I think my favorite aspect was the writing on each other and everything else. With the themes of marking and communication and then with the imagery of both of them with messages... I loved reading those parts especially.

I also liked the direct use of the poem in the story, like you used the same way of writing numbers and then used some lines from the poem in the actual story. Along the same lines, I liked the continuity of it. Themes and lines made multiple appearances and helped link certain parts in a way I really enjoyed.

One specific part I enjoyed was their last night together. I liked Spot's attempts at warning her because they were difficult for her to understand and told through indirect comparisons. It went with the communication aspect that I loved reading about and furthered it by showing that they both had to want to understand before they could. Oh, now I think their conflicting, though not always, emotions and opinions about the relationship might be the most compelling part for me... Fine, I refuse to decide and say that both are my favorite aspects of their relationship.

I don't really know what else to say. It was draining to read - but not in a bad way, in an amazing way, really -, so I can only imagine how hard it was to write. Wonderful writing.

Dippy
0'EmeraldEyes'0 chapter 11 . 8/16/2006
Fantastically heart-breaking. That's all I can say. Wonderful writing, I'm crying. Very good work.
Tatsiana chapter 11 . 8/14/2006
Wow...that's so sad. Love it! Kinda sad it's over though. However, looking forward to more of Loving Brooklyn D
GingerSnap79 chapter 11 . 8/14/2006
This was so awesome! You are an excellent writer and I LOVE the Oz reference.
ConlonsGirl chapter 11 . 8/14/2006
This has got to be one of my favorite stories ever, not just under newsies, but EVER. It's depressing but the way you write just makes me wanna keep going, its crazy! lol. i just love it, and the ending was tragic yet filled with dignity, i think. i love the way you write! Cant wait to the next fic you write~CTB!

~elle~
stress chapter 11 . 8/13/2006
Well, I finally got to read it and, I tell you, damn... It was worth the wait for the ending. I knew that she was going to die first but the way he went, that was just so sad. It definitely fit the scheme of the story and ended it perfectly.

I love the ending, specifically. The mentions of famous suicides really brought the content home for me - the last line tied it all together.

And he loved her! A little too little too late but still...

Her being Sarah Jacobs definitely threw me for a loop. I knew BA was Spot - I never really thought about GE's identity. And I (totally) have a soft spot for SarahxSpot (check out Justified by Withheld - reading that is kind of like this; SarahxSpot just never really works out. One of the main characters dies in the first chapter of that).

I end with this:

C'├ętait ├ętonnant, mon cher.
Purple Rhapsody chapter 11 . 8/13/2006
Wow. That was...wow. Was I supposed to know that this was Sarah the whole time? If so I'm feeling pretty dumb right now ;)

But I LOVED the ending. There is something to be said for unhappy endings. In a world of happy endings, sad ones make you ponder more and remember the story. Not that there isn't a time and place for happy endings. Okay, this will start a very long rant about endings on my part, so I'm just going to cut off now and leave you with *excellent* job!

~Purple Rhapsody~
adk39 chapter 11 . 8/12/2006
Aw it's over thats sad, and the chapter was very sad!

Thats horrible that she went and killed herself after she left him! And that is what it took for him to realize that her lve was real and the he actually loved her back! And now he knows that love can never fade, because even after she had died it was still there and it was still very real!

I love how you wrote him writing on the walls his number and I think I love you! That was so sweet! I think that it shows that he really does care for her, it just took a horrible situation to make it happen!

It is sad that he killed himself too! After relaizing that he did this to her, the only person who ever really cared about him, and the only person who would love him no matter, he must have felt horrible! And then realizing that all the stuff she did for him he did love! And he loved her and just wants to be withher now!

Sarah Jocobs wow we actually got a her name out of this, and the fact that that was the last thing he would ever say is sad yet in some way sweet! I mean he finnally realized that he loved her and wanted her to know that!

But wow this was another one of your amazing stories! It is sad that it is over but you should defently try another one like this! And yes loving Brooklyn does need to be updated! lol I'll be looking for that!

But great story, defently one of the best! :)
adk39 chapter 10 . 8/11/2006
That had to be the sadest chapter that you ever wrote! I can't believe what just happened! (And the fact that there is one more chapter left is very sad too! lol)

But wow! lol That was just so I don't know the wod, but still it was a great chapter!

It's sad to think that her life is ruined because of everything that she wnt through, I mean she did love him but he just could never love her back! I like how she told him that he left scars inside of her so she could leave a mark on him, which she has already done! and like it said will be taking a part of him when she leaves!

I can't believe she left, but still everything has not faded! She always loved him and still does, and just because he wanted her to leave and she did doesn't change that! There will always be the love she had for him, and that is one thing that will never fade!

I liked the Icarus reference in the story, and then again at the end! (I remember I read that once) But it just fit so well. Ya know that he believed he would be able to go to all limits but then failed, and she thought they would last forever but they couldn't! But by the time she figured out it was too late! And I like the she'd drowned in his atlantic eyes! That was really good!

Great ending too, it was like the perfect ending for this chapter!

But this defently was the sadest chapter, having her finally leave! But still it was great!

So sad the last chapter is coming but I am still very excited to read it! :)
adk39 chapter 9 . 8/11/2006
Another great chapter!

And I love your detail in this stoyr, and how you don't use much dialoge! But it's still so good and gets the point across, it's one of those stories where too much dialoge would take away from it, but this is perfect!

Poor Spot he just keeps getting worse and worse as the days (chapters) go on! But i'm glad that she still stays with him! But once again he doesn't understand why. In his life everything that he is doing to her has made others keave him yet this one girl hasn't left yet that could be scary! I mean to him it could be the fact that if he starts to like her (because he is "suppossed" to hate her) then she might leave and then that would just be another thing that fades, but then it would hurt, rather then having her leave now! But to think of that is so sad! But I like that she is always there for him, even though she may want to leav, but like it says leaving is not an option! like the last few lines all their shattered parts are mixed up with his, that even if she did fade a part of her would always be with him and a part of him with her!

Another great chapter!
adk39 chapter 8 . 8/11/2006
Hey I'm back and I can finally read your story! yeah! lol

But loved this chapter, even though it was very sad! (which I should be used too by now since every chapter has been sad! ) But still It was as amazing as all the rest!

I think that he is actually starting to realize that everything wont fade because she wont leave him even after all the stuff he does to her! But he doesn't understand why since everyone before her has left him, which could be why he thinks everything fades! I mean if you have never had anything stay before, then you may think everything must go at sometime or another. But with all the stuff she has gone through she stays with him!

I mean she isn't exactly sure that she loves him but there must be some reason why she is there! But like it says that she sees him how she wants him too be and doens't knwo who he really is! But will never know untill he knows!

But great chapter!
midnight1899 chapter 10 . 8/11/2006
I don't want it to end...could youdo a sequal?
Purple Rhapsody chapter 10 . 8/11/2006
Oh, there was some really good angst in this one. Well-written angst always makes it so much better, and you have done that!

This story AND the fact that it'll be over soon makes me sad. But you better post the last chapter! ;)

~Purple Rhapsody~
0'EmeraldEyes'0 chapter 10 . 8/11/2006
Waiting for the last chapter, in tears.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »