Reviews for Bond
Crystal Spinning chapter 4 . 9/18/2014
Cry cry crying over Zoro. He's such an idiot. Luffy is also an idiot. I can't even describe how much I love the pair of them, or the way you write them. NAKAMA /cries/.
God, the water-booger. I think I laughed so hard I cried when I read that.

Good, as always. Now let me weep.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 4 . 9/13/2014
such friendship
Crystal Spinning chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
OKAY I can't even talk about anything One Piece related in this. So instead I'll talk about the little monologue Zoro has in here.

Stony characters are nothing new. As all authors, aspiring or successful, either know or need to recognize, there is no such thing as newness. Nothing is original - everything is recycled. What's new is the way it's written, little quirks added and taken away, adjustments. It's not the character tropes or plot devices that are new - it is the author that must be entrusted with the ability to conjure up something unique.
So Zoro's character, the silent one that sits there, is not something that is exactly different. (Shino in Naruto, Chad/Sado in Bleach, ect ect ect, I'm sure we could go back and forth naming a dozen.)
What is unique about one piece is the collective taken together, their dynamic, and what they go through to create that dynamic. So internal monologues are super important. And you did that here.
"Luffy trusted him with the simplicity and genuineness of a five-year-old."
That is their dynamic. Zoro and the rest of the crew will do anything for Luffy, because he gives them what they need the most SO easily and so eagerly - love, trust, and support of their dreams.
Crystal Spinning chapter 2 . 6/18/2014
Short and sweet and lovely. Admittedly, I still don't have much to say, but as I slowly enter the world of One Piece, I can keep these in mind. (I have so many jumbled references in my head from friends talking about it, haha.)
But
Self-sacrifice is one of the ultimate moves in any series. When used properly, it's a powerful tool. It's often your final chance to portray a vital relationship between two characters. When a character offers to die for another, you see it clearly - the love that's there. The trust and the faith and the hope for a better tomorrow that lies in their hands.
Crystal Spinning chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
So I haven't seen much of One Piece (two of my best friends are super into it) but I am in love with Zoro. And from old reruns on Adult Swim back in the day, I have a pretty good idea of Luffy's character. And The second-to-last paragraph hit me cold with goosebumps.
I may not have as much background on them, but the dynamic holds true always, and can be related to so many different relationships. That kind of quiet bond is valuable to any protagonists of any series or story. The way it holds true no matter what, no matter what ups and downs that the characters go through in canon or in AUs - that's literary magic, and you're capable of it in a way I wish I were. This is just a short little drabble, and even so, your strength shines through.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 3 . 12/13/2013
#grinning

I Love It!

The last chapter was Awesome!

I always love when Luffy's crew did what Luffy tell/order without really asking... Especially Zoro...! XD

Nice!
deadhemoglobin chapter 3 . 4/24/2013
Man I love those scenes with all my heart. These two have the strongest bond. XD

"she came barging in their lives without permission" Haha oh man, I thought of that too the first time Robin-chan came aboard.

Great fic. I love canon stories and how they're interpreted by fanfic authors. XD
Anon1000 chapter 3 . 9/25/2012
This is great, though I would like to point out they were riding the Rocketman, not Puffing Tom.
Fate's Silver Chain chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
I love this! This is brilliant! Write some more to it! :D
Natylol chapter 3 . 5/30/2012
Awesome !3
fictionlover27713 chapter 3 . 5/6/2012
yes! this was also one of my fave moments.. along with them making way through the wave together and luffy telling everyone to not bother zoro when he was about to go up against that other swordsman dude on the tracks. great story!
willoffire123 chapter 3 . 4/28/2012
This is a really great story. Please continue. You are a very talented author.
Bambam chapter 3 . 4/20/2012
Oh, that's wonderful. Put a new light to the partnership between Zoro and Robin during the search for the south bird. Always wondered about that. Good take. Good handling of Zoro's thoughts too.
Sepsis chapter 3 . 4/12/2012
"not that his biological compass was anything to be proud of"

haha..xD but hes awesome in every other way, he doesnt need to be great there..xDD

And youre really right here! I mean at first it was hard for him to trust others like that but now? ;)

I really liked it that he (at the beginning) wasnt as trustind with Robin as the others. He really wanted to make sure that he had no bad intentions.

"And because Zoro knew that Luffy trusted him with the simplicity and genuineness of a five-year-old—that is, with his life and the life of everyone else on board the Puffing Tom—he answered the only way he knew how"

Aww, I also liked that part! :) Im a lucky girl, german tv is showing these episodes right now, I just watched this one recently
Sepsis chapter 2 . 4/12/2012
"He wanted to keep his promise to Kuina, to have his name recognized everywhere, to be famous enough that his reputation will reach up to the heavens. But he was, first and foremost, a member of the Mugiwaras."

w-wow..

"Damn it all if he had to lose another friend again. What were fulfilled dreams if you cannot share it with the people you cared for the most?"

god, that was..again so perfect? and I really think that, you wrote that beautiful and its even more beautiful because its true! :)