Reviews for Of Duty, Atonement, and Redemption
JEM515 chapter 4 . 8/5/2006
This continues to be very, very good, but where's Rodney? What's going on with him? I'm worried...

I think you've created an interesting take on the fallout of Rodney's mistake. I can totally see Sheppard and Radek reacting like this. And sadly, I can see Weir acting like this too, although I've never liked her and tend to expect the worst.

Keep posting... I really, really want to know what happens next!
Mercury's Winter chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
Aww! Poor Rodney thinks Teyla forgot him :( Loved the ending of this chapter :) More please!
kamelion chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
Oh. OH. Okay...this is an interesting developement. Right?
Lady Valmar chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
I really loved this! I was a little unsure of the Teyla and Rodney workout session not because of the training him but rather their conversation seemed a little off. I don't know maybe I'm just tired.

Anyways... I read this throughout the day today in snippets and it was really an excellent read.

I was on edge with this new chapter wondering where the story was going. What was going to happen... that is a sign you have me hooked.

More soon?

LV

HEHE I even slipped in to read your fic between bouts of S3's Sateda episode tonight. Am I bad or what! LOL!
Mercury's Winter chapter 2 . 8/4/2006
Loved seeing it from Lorne's POV, at least someone sees how hard this is on Rodney :( Love it! Reading on...
angw chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
Wow another great chapter - delving into the rumour mill, the isolation of Rodney (convenient that Teyla, Lorne and Beckett are all on a mission) and the exploration of what Rodney is thinking and dealing with.
Jules47 chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
I feel really sorry for Rodney, both Col Sheppard and Elizabeth are treating him very badly. Yes he made a mistake but don't we all from time to time. The way they are treating him now though is not good at all and all those rumours and innuendos aren't helping any. Right now Rodney could use some friends but thanks to Col Sheppard they aren't available to him.

I hope John changes his mind and comes to realise that Rodney is a friend and he should forgive him. He's human, he made a mistake but the worst mistake hi made was using Sheppards trust in him and I don't think Col Sheppard is able to quite so easily forgive him. I hope they can repair their friendship because they both need each others friendship.
acer-sigma chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
This is an excellent story and a good take o what may have happened after the episode. I always did think that everyones reaction to Rodney after the crisis was uncalled for. Yes he did make a mistake and he should be reprimanded for it and he was, but everyone seemed to place the blame completely on his shoulders. I mean he wasn't responsible for that guy's death, since they weren't aware of the problem in the first place, secondly its like he's the only one NOT aloud to make any mistakes. I also thought that Sheppard and Wier were the worse hypocrits, especially Sheppard, considering he was the one who woke the Wraith, and broke quaranteen during the whole nanovirus incident. Then there's Wier and her authorization to go ahead with the antiwraith experiments, including the one on Hoff.

And of course there's the whole fact that the entire city is composed of alien technology, that could potentially kill them all. If they don't think that someone like Mckay is capable of figuring out ancient technology, than maybe they shouldn't even be on Atlantis.
Elisa chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
This story is so wonderfully written! I am enjoying every minute of reading! WOW! Poor Rodney, just thinking about how he is feeling keeps me on the verge of tears, I just want to pull him into my arms and keep him there! And I am so mad at John and Elizabeth, I just can't believe how mad I am at them! So loving this story!
neptune60 chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
I'm finding Sheppard a bit out of character in your story. I can't really see him acting like this. I can see Weir acting this way but not Sheppard so its kinda easy to feel sorry for Rodney here. In the episode I can't say that I did feel a great deal of sympathy for him and thought he got off quite lightly. He didn't just make a mistake. He insisted several times that he knew what he was doing and ignored Zelenka's attempts to tell him otherwise. He begged Sheppard for his help again insisting he knew what he was doing and almost got him killed. So I think Weir had every reason to tell him off and Sheppard to be upset that he had abused his trust. But I DON'T see Sheppard taking things this far. So I hope we see a change in Sheppard behavior soon.
AnCa chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
Geeze, Sheppard is mean! Making sure everyone who was watching out for Rodney is gone is kind of immature ;)

I really enjoyed this chapter :) More please, and very soon? Lots more Rodney stuff would be appreciated!
leener chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
Poor Rodney! :(

Is it just a coincidence or was it done on purpose that everyone that was sympathetic to Rodney was shipped out of Atlantis? No Lorne, no Beckett, and no Teyla. Poor Rodney must feel so abandoned! :(

I liked how you put in the sparring with Rodney and Teyla. I think she would be the one to come see Rodney and have the compassion and understanding to not turn on him like all the others. And seeing as how we know she works with both John and Ronon, I think that Rodney would take her up on the offer as well and I'm surprised we haven't seen it on the show. Nice insight.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Mae chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
I want to kick Sheppard in the ass! Feel free to post a nice brown haired blue eyed 19 year old marine on Rodney duty. ::hint hint wink wink:: Love this story lots!
Dokichan chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
Brilliant! You must continue! Please? One of the best stories about Rodney I've read. Hope you update soon!
flubber chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
This is an amazing story. I only wish I had got to it sooner. I had problems with my internet connection.

The way that everyone is acting is way over the top. I mean I know he screwed up and all but this is taking it too far!

I have to say that John and Elizabeth are really coming over as mean spirited in this story. Escpecially in the way that it comes over that Lorne, Teyla and Carson are being used. It's almost as if they want to completely cut Rodney off from any friends and allies he may have.

Rodney comes over as being somewhat of a tortured soul in this story. He knows that he has done wrong and is feeling it. The way that he is being treated is compunding it!

I can't wait to see where this story is going. I hope things will get better eventually!

TTFN