Reviews for Of Duty, Atonement, and Redemption
Espiritu chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Oh man, I just want to give poor Rodney a hug. So he's a pain in the butt at times, but his heart is in the right place. No one seems to be cutting him a break here. If Weir knew ahead of time the big mistake she was about to make in Michael and Allies, she wouldn't be so harsh to him. Wondering how you are going to get McKay back on everyone's good graces.
Mikkilynn chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Ohmyword! That was incredible. Thank you so much for sharing! At first I thought 300 page story? Now I can't wait for the next installment which I hope won't take that long...hint...hint. *grin* I love the way you have penned all the characters. Wow! I seriously hope you don't make us wait too long...Again, thanks for taking the time I know it took to put together something like this. It is so appreciated.

*grin*

meli
leener chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
I remember watching this episode and I remember thinking that the ending was missing something. I like how with this story you're delving into the relationships and creating a good story. You've got a great style of writing where I can imagine everything as it happens in my mind and I have no doubt that you have them all acting in character. I feel so bad for Rodney, watching him struggle with what he did and trying to make up for it. Can't wait to see what happens next!
AnCa chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
*applauds* Well this is a different take on Trinity. More Carson/Rodney stuff please. To be fair, Collins wasn't totally McKay's fault. Rodney was just asking him to do his job. I like the way you've written Lorne :) More please?
Silverthreads chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Good update
TBiscuit chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Poor Rodney! He can be such a jerk... but he's such a *lovable* jerk :)

Really enjoying this story - nice take on the whole gang, providing insight into their emotions over the whole fiasco. Glad to see Carson and a nicely compassionate Lorne looking out for Rodney.

I hope our wayward scientist gets some hugs before the end, poor woobie.

Looking forward to where you take this interesting tale - thanks for sharing!
Random Clone chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Oh, me likes this story! Poor Rodney!
Tazmy chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Another excellent chapter. The emotion is real and I like how Lorne is doing so much for McKay and McKay sees it all from his skewed view.

My only issue is that I wonder why Ronon and Teyla haven't visited McKay in his quarters?

Otherwise, looking forward to more!
mckaysgenius chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
The emotion that you convey in Rodney's behavior is so painful. As arrogant as he is, everyone turning their backs on him for this one, albeit huge, mistake still rankles me after so many episodes. He is only human and I don't feel that this has been properly converyed in the series. I agree with your Lorne's thoughts, "Elizabeth and John may have a personal problem with McKay but that does not mean he should have to endure the entire base's humiliation. Keep posting. Will you be doing a chapter a day?
Hettie chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
You have such a good insight into McKay. I also love Lorne. But it's so cruel to make him go to the mess hall. That was part of what had me sniffling throughout this chapter. Beautifully written.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for sharing
Denethor's Angel chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
First, good chapter!

Second, please tell me they'll be begging for his help and His forgivness...

Third, Lorne is Ok, but that lieutenant deserve a slow and painfull death, with lots of suffering, blood, broken bones...

I'm curious about what both Teyla and Ronan will say when they know more... As for the scientists, I'm sure they are good at their jobs, but they're no Rodney McKay, even Zelenka... Now that they don't have a tight leash hold by one Genius, their own arrogance and mistakes (they can't ask McKay for the answers right now) should start to show too... and more viciously. They are supposed to be leaders in their respective branch and you don't lead leaders with candies.

Cause they all are arrogant, even saint Elizabeth, after all one doesn't get that kind of job out of humility and the goodness of their heart.

Plus, they take Rodney for granted, and treat him badly on a dayly basis: if Rodney shows fear they push him aroud or mock him, but they don't do that for Zelenka(at the begining of Duet) or Beckett for that matter...

Well, I can't wait to read more! I'm curious to see what you'll do!

Update soon!

Good job!
JEM515 chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
This is a great start. I can't wait to read more, so please post soon. You've done a great job with the dialogue and at capturing the "voices" of the characters. Poor Rodney. At least Beckett is trying to look out for him.
Shaz chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
This is excellent!

This story is exceptionally well written and you've grasped the characters nuances very well.

I can't wait to read another chapter!

Good work.
serenitysowl chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
I'm loving this! Please tell me you'll update soon - and that you'll complete it. I hate reading a great story only to never have a ending. Hence I read very few stories that are incomplete, but this one totally drew me in and I love the direction it seems to be headed and can't wait to see what's next. I think you characterizations are straight on (at least given what happended cannonwise), and am looking forward to the interactions btwn Rodney, Carson, Weir and Sheppard, not to mention the rest of the atlantis crew. Now I'm off to read your other stories!
kamelion chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Okay, yeah, great start! When I saw THREE HUNDRED WORDS(and I'm not gonna let that go, nope, sorry) I was afraid they'd be tiny passages. Thank goodness this seems to be a full-blown fic!

I love the particular bend you've taken on the subject here, having Weir and the others thinking McKay went this far just for recognition. It almost seems surreal, yet I've seen these very attitudes at work. Very much in sync with life, unfortuantely.

And man, Rodney wasn't just removed from duty, he was practically under house arrest! Very eager for more!
647 | « Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42 43 .. Last Next »