Reviews for Thirty Moments
Khrysalis chapter 24 . 3/8/2007
I like this one too. Isn't Sano just what he is? (-grin-)

I like thinking about that, her looking into his face when it's drawn with fatigue. What she is thinking here.

Brilliant. I can hardly wait for the next one.
Khrysalis chapter 23 . 3/8/2007
Ah, I was so excited to see more of these! Well, well worth waiting for, as always.

This is a particularly beautiful one. You can never stop surprising me with how well you seem to understand what it is that makes Sano behave and think the way he does with the subtle things that tug on him in the story. And I love how you see Shino reflecting on them.

"...fleeting scents that he can never quite hold onto." So beautiful a sentiment...and so sad a one too.

I'll be very sorry when this comes to an end.
Warg chapter 24 . 3/7/2007
"he is simply what he is.."

Very nice.

Warg chapter 23 . 3/7/2007
I've missed these too.. lovely work on this one.. must say.

Prose has the same fleeting fragrant quality as the subject.. and a nicely worked ending.

Warg chapter 22 . 11/27/2006
More of the same.. in the best possible way. Kepp up the great work..
Warg chapter 21 . 11/27/2006
This is prolly one of my favs.. definitive of the mood in the beginning of Sandawood.. and also of Shino herself. Great work here, loved this..
Warg chapter 20 . 11/27/2006
Haha, these continue to amaze. This one is simple and sweet and well, well thought out. Nice work..
Khrysalis chapter 17 . 11/26/2006
This one is among my favorites. I like how these are thoughts-affairs of the mind, and the thoughts contrast between her and him. She saw a hint of what could be, and he saw more.

My favorite part is the reference to the way Sano tilts her face to seek her eyes. Warm fuzzies, there.
Khrysalis chapter 22 . 11/26/2006
Incredible. I like again, the reference to Sanosuke's lightning scar. And to Byakudan.

What could have been? What IS? What was it that brought them together? Why was it that Kenshin found his heart in Kaoru, but his form in Shino was drawn to Sagara Sanosuke instead?

I loved the way you put it, that people are driven by their needs and desires of the heart.

These only get sweeter as they go on. Thank you for this, Rabbit.
Khrysalis chapter 21 . 11/26/2006
Bittersweet to its fullest.

The foreshadowing is painful to read. A way of her knowing, somehow, that he will outlive her. That's a painful thing. Yet, she understands that she, herself, will continue to live on as he does. And then, that simplest of all things, how she holds on to him at night.

What else matters?
Khrysalis chapter 20 . 11/26/2006
I like that idea, that it was only when Sano showed her her own limitations that she felt she could do anything. For what it says about both of them. How he makes her stronger, and too the other way around.

Delightful!
Khrysalis chapter 19 . 11/26/2006
Again it amazes me just how fully and deeply you understand just how Shino and Sanosuke feel. It had me laughing, because it is funny just how easily Sano could foolishly get them caught out in the rain. And Shino would worry about Sanosuke's barely-controllable tendency to get sick.

I know it's a cliche, but I love the kissing in the rain as well. ;) There is a vulnerability to it that can't be otherwise matched.
Khrysalis chapter 18 . 11/26/2006
These just get sweeter and sweeter.

There's something wonderful about that image of Sano with his head in Shino's lap while she soothes away his headache. And something starkly and Kenshinly the way she ignores her discomforts to rbing him rest.
Khrysalis chapter 16 . 11/26/2006
I did like this! A special sweetness here; I imagine Shino kissing and blessing the forever-burned flesh. This is the price he pays for her love. And this is what she is willing to pay for his pain.

So beautiful. One of my favorites as well!
Khrysalis chapter 15 . 11/26/2006
I love his. Shino listening instead of looking, feeling comfort in the darkness meant to give sleep that she had been denied for so long. I love how you've captured Sanosuke's strong need to protect her, and how her heart warmed with the understanding of it.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »