Reviews for His Secret Burden
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
What a little faker Sam is in this. Guess that's one way to cope. Nice emotion to this.
Olivia Sutton chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I really liked this. Excellent Sam introspection. Course I wouldn't mind *at all* seeing Dean realise what's going on with Sam and getting him to talk about it . Anyway, good job. Oh - and Ravenmerc recommended this fic, I'm glad she did.

-Olivia
Rat chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
awesome. It fits with the ep perfectly, you have a great way of getting into the characters heads.
DreamShadows chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Very beautifully done indeed!

So sorry I didn't review before, I thought I had... But I am glad that I took the time to reread this fic, I loved the way you wrote Sam's emotions, and the way he can get into Dean's head, to 'manipulatively' protect him.

Take care,

OSS
november winds chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Heart wrenching D:
funkyspunk chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Well judging from all those FAWESOME reviews you got you dont need mine, right? right? xDD nah kidding you!

brilliant job, I havent read many tags after Bloody Mary but this one sure takes the cake! You've surely convinced all of us that you're an amazing writer so... more please? :)

This story definitely makes it on my favourites list. I love angst, and you have truly shown me what it is.

Loved it!

funky.
carocali chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
Oh, how absolutely fabulous! As much as I love the limp, I truly believe I'm more about the angst, and THIS has angst!

All the people that have been hurt because of his actions (whether it's true or not) have etched their way into Sam's soul, scarring his being. That guilt will never be shed and you've described it so brilliantly!

And then, to play Dean so perfectly to get out of the explanation was genius!

I can't even imagine why you think you cannot write. This was so beautiful and poignant! Wonderful job!

;D

Caroline
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
That was absolutely fantastic! Why haven't you written more and is there anything I can say or do to persuade you to post again?

The thoughts Sam had that really stood out for me include:

'He knew his brother wanted to help him. But concern from his big brother was another burden Sam could not bear right now.'

'Yet, even as Sam acknowledged the guilt and burdens that were his, he knew they were more than he could take. He needed to feel clean.'

'After all, he was with his big brother and that was as fine as Sam could ask for.'

And you know what else I liked? You wrote it from Sam's point of view. He's strung out on guilt and doesn't want to upset Dean because that will just cause more stress. It comes through loud and clear.

More please?
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
I'm jealous. I couldn't write a story to save my life, as much as I'd like to. :( Ah, well. That doesn't mean I can't congratulate those who can. That being said, I hope to read more from you. ]
faith-in-Faith chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
I really loved this one - especially the last line :D and it was very "sam!" Good job!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
What a FANTASTIC welcome home present. I'm truly humbled :)

Because this is a beautiful and compelling piece that shines with originality and insight.

First of all, I love Sam's reflection on how Bloody Mary had started off as the victim-how her need for vengeance had twisted her, made her beyond redemption. There is something eery in that realization, because by the end of S1, we see Sam nearly consumed by his own need for revenge, and I am more grateful than ever that Dean managed to pull Sam back from the brink of his own self-destruction.

I also love Sam's emptiness-the way his loss seems to resound within him. And this:

"Focusing Dean's attention on bandages and stitches kept his brother from looking into his eyes at the end of the day."

So true. Dean always focuses on the physical and not the emotional and I'm sure Sam wants that too to make things easier.

"The demon wanted him, but instead, it always took the person he loved. No, worse - it took the people who dared to love him."

Amazingly said. How does he manage to stay sane at all with a burden like this? His need to carry the guilt yet that need to feel clean-conflicting and beyond resolution. He's just trapped, lost between them all, stuck living a half life.

And I love Sam's subterfuge-his exploitation of his injury. It's not something I'd think of but makes sense-Sam doesn't want to talk about his feelings-because that's not what Winchesters do, because he doesn't know how to deal with it, because part of him doesn't feel like he deserve to relinquish it yet-and so it's easier to give Dean the physical distractions so they can both avoid the real emotional ramifications. Beautiful and painful all at once.

I could go on, but my words are failing me. Don't ever doubt, okay? You can write, and this proves it, hands down, without a doubt. And you were ALWAYS a SFCOL(AR)S member, but I'm glad you went ahead and tackled the fic, because it deserved to be written and the fandom is better for it :)
bjxmas chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Great insight into Sam. I loved the shower scene with him wanting the force of the water to wash him away, great imagery. Very well done, really believable and sad for what Sam thinks. Thanks, B.J.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
I've never read anything with this take on Bloody Mary. You did a fantastic job and I loved it!
Kaewi chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Really good writing! I could just feel the depression flowing off Sam. And keeping Dean completely out of it totally matched Sam's unselfish nature.

Excellent job!
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Wow! That was wonderful. A really poignant insight into Sam's heart and the burden of guilt there that crushes him.

A limp Sam is always a pretty perfect Sam.

*Says she who is still struggling badly with her Limp!Sam fic.* :-)