Reviews for An Unexpected Gift
dneprguy chapter 9 . 7/2/2013
A super great story so far. BUT!, 7 years seems like a long time to wait for Part 2. We are all still waiting. Should we declare the story leagally dead?
extracutegurl9 chapter 2 . 6/18/2013
If Spike is technically dead and has no pulse or anything, how is he giving off enough heat for Sam's doohickies to detect? Unless its just his body burning energy the same as a normal person, but its still kind of weird. Is there any in canon information on the subject?
Shiro Inutoko chapter 9 . 12/26/2010
I definitely want to see more of this. I don't even watch Buffy! Everything I know about it comes from Wikipedia and TV Tropes!
hajimebassaidai chapter 9 . 2/25/2010
Well thought through and well paced. The disparate characters are well meshed together as well. Going to look for the sequel now!
Patricia de Lioncourt chapter 9 . 1/8/2010
Very cool story! I love this alternate take on where Spike ended up. I can't wait to read what happens next.
Jacob V. Buchstaber chapter 9 . 12/9/2009
I like this story and I can't wait for more. For instence when Spike becomes caporial again it should be fun.
Shadewolf7 chapter 9 . 7/24/2009
Very interesting first part you've got, here. I like!
Vi-Violence chapter 9 . 6/26/2009
so are you ever going to write that "The Vampire Through the Gate" because i was really interested in reading it, and from what i can tell from a look though your profile and a search on the title, you haven't written it
Saffygirl chapter 9 . 4/5/2009
Cool story!
Shavaineth chapter 9 . 10/30/2007
I enjoyed this story. Would have liked to see the sequal you mentioned since this kinda left me wondering what was going to happen now that Spike had been introduced to Daniel and SG-1, but I could find anything that looked like it might be Vampire Through the Gate. Please message me or send me the link to the story?
ArafelSedai chapter 9 . 2/5/2007
Oh come on...can't just leave us hanging there can you? Spike as always is amusing in his obnoxiousness. Looking forward to more... or at least I hope I am.
Niana Kuonji chapter 9 . 12/25/2006
Spike put it pretty well. "Oh, bugger."
Silver Midnight chapter 9 . 11/25/2006
I really like this story, it's funny and believable. I especially like that Kinsey is a client of Wolfram & Hart and the Initiative soldier(s) area at the SGC. I think that this is a sucky way to end a story, though. Even if you plan a sequel.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 9 . 11/14/2006
Oh yeah... THIS is good.

This is VERY good...

I find the whole concept of Spike and Daniel interacting excellent; Daniel has always been my favourite character in 'Stargate: SG-1', and while I may prefer Angel, having seen the fifth series I'm definitely more open to Spike as a character.

The ideas you have to combine the two unieverses are also highly interesting; the idea of having the First and the Senior Partners be other examples of Ascended beings is particularly intriguing, as well as the idea that Daniel can see Spike due to his experience in 'Crystal Skull'.

Plus, you even explain THAT little detail; the Angel Team and Wolfram & Hart staff could see him because they'd spent so long exposed to the mystical energies of the Los Angeles Area that it had become almost natural for them to be able to see him.

Oh, and Spike's thoughts on the 'Prometheus' were also good; his refering to the SGC as the 'intergalactic version of the Scoobies' was another nice touch.

So... when can we expect the sequel to this particular number?

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing what happens when Angel learns about the Stargate AND Kinsey's involvement in the program; why is it I get the feeling he might be at least a BIT tempted to deck Kinsey for being a complete git?

Anyway, update soon!
Marz1 chapter 9 . 9/30/2006
so far pretty interesting. Spike on SG1? hope he doesn't turn solid and burst into flame. update soon.