Reviews for Something to Believe
Sawdust And Color chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Very well written and tragic. I love how you weave the narrative around the poem, I've always liked that poem and felt that the story behind it was just begging to be explored, and it actually fits well with the Secret Garden, and could be a plausible future for the characters, although I'd prefer Colin and Mary together!
Lucyole chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
wow i like it it was so romantic but a little bit sad to the end confusing me a little bit but it doesn't matter i lve it very good work
Deceptionist chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
*Squeals* I love your story! It's so tragic. Who'd she marry?
Grania chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Very well-written, with a good deal of romantic tension. But his continual refusal to even talk to her almost makes it seem as if he really doesn't have any romantic feelings for her at all. Maybe show some of Colin's thoughts so we can be sure that it isn't a one-sided deal? Like, 'I want to kiss her, but I can't; she's my cousin' or something like that.
agent-shinobi chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
HOly Cow. I cannot express how much i LOVED this story!

Colin's depiction, i think, was the BEST in all the fan fictions i have ever read. I really enjoyed your imagery too.
thunderings chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I nearly fell out of my chair when I began reading this. 'The Look' by Sara Teasdale is my favorite poem, and reading a story that's inspired by it and even it about one of my favorite pairings was wonderful. I think the way you blended the poem into the story was done beautifully. I too have contemplating a story (not for the Secret Garden, however) revolving this great poem. Awesome job.
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Aw. Poor Colin, I feel sorry for him here, but I feel sorry for Mary too. I loved it, especially all the little period details like cloved lemon and the dialogue was spot on too.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Aww, poor Colin! I love your writing, it's really beautiful. I know this fic is old, but you should come back and write some more SG fics.
lifeinpoetry chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
No! He never told her how he really felt even though they both knew.

I like the more common Mary/Dickon but Mary/Colin is my die-hard pairing in this fandom. You captured the pairing in such a bittersweet - no, utterly dejecting - way. I love it.
LEYTONLOVER333 chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
I love this sort of ending.
BravaCharlotte chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Erg! Why? I totally think Colin and Mary should have had their wedding!

I love Colin's personality,well I personally like characters like that.
Anise Nalci chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Oh, this is sad. I feel sorry for them both...
Ching chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
There are so few Mary/Colin fics on this site that it's annoying...this fic is beautful! You did a very good job of portraying their emotions. I'm your lifelong fan
ladyjulian chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Oh, so lovely, the first fic I've ever read in this 'ship. So sad, too. You've got a few spelling/usage errors, but they can't mar a flawless plot and characterisation.
renyun chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
No! Cruel, cruel Mary. Thanks for the story!