Reviews for Butterflies and Hurricanes
TLWriter4721 chapter 30 . 7/20
Thank you so much for writing what is one of the best AU Zutara fics, or Zutara fic in general. I love true complexity of the story, and each added character. Renshu... I loved him. And his fate absolutely broke my heart. I loved him so much that as much as I love Zutara (words can't express), I would have been not completely angry had she been with him.
One thing though- I understand that this is an AU story, and I really liked how you still kept the overall personalities of the characters the same, but apart from a few scenes, I don't see that same spunk and ambition from Katara when she was a slave. I get that it would probably get her into severe trouble had she rebelled, but I find it odd that even her thoughts were only mild annoyance. Not sure if this was on purpose, but other than that, excellent work. I'll always remember this story.
JazzCarnival chapter 30 . 6/30
OHOHOHO. YOU GOT ME THERE. I started freaking out when Zuko died! Like, SHOOT, WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO SAD. REAL LIFE IS ALREADY SO CRUEL.
Then, oh. Ohh... OHH
OH MY GLOB ASDFGHJKL
Thank you for writing this! It's AMAZING. And it's cool how you actually convinced us that Zuko was dead without actually saying he was. Really.
Secret.Identities chapter 30 . 6/15
My reaction sequence:
You did NOT kill Zuko.
Oh... maybe you did.
Maybe you'll bring him back to life with bloodbending/healing or even something Avatar related. Or a resurrection jutsu.
In denial. I should forget about the ending once I'm done reading.
Hmm... shouldn't Katara be attending the funeral? Strange that she doesn't. She's braver than that.
Kyoshi? Why?
Woah. A baby. That's... wow. That's really heartwarming. Nice also to find authors that do acknowledge the consequences of making love.
Wait... the baby survived through the battle?
Iroh's... family. Surely that should include someone else besides Katara and the baby.
Katara and Iroh are strangely not grieving.
How do they even know what a democracy is?
Come to think of it... why did Zuko want to be let go of? Katara's still there, you idiot!
What she's waiting for?
That man being supported... maybe it's Master Pakku.
Ohh Renshu.
Katara's still not sad...?
Mm a home for the child. Too bad Katara will grow old alone and the child without a father.
...
What.
*double take*
Is it a ghost?
OH YOU DID NOT JUST
Tricky little-
Dangit you almost had me fooled.
Ok fine, totally fooled.
...with just a little bit suspicious.
Why'd they pretend he was dead though?
... now a lot more things make sense.
Really deceptive to make the nations think you're dead and honor you for your great sacrifice.
Wonder who was cremated in his place.
And how, exactly, do they plan on keeping it a secret that Prince Zuko lives? Not like they can stop calling him Zuko at all times. Or let him and his totally not conspicuous scar hide in plain sight. Or make him stop firebending. And they'll be travelling! Yeesh!
And Uncle Iroh's still coming along. Either they keep themselves isolated, trust the locals so much to keep the secret, or the locals be dumb not to realize.
I think it's a mix of all.
I have a headcanon of your story that, sometime in the future when Katara and Zuko have established their little family, word comes out that while they're on one of their travels that there's a firebending man with a scar on his left face residing on Kyoshi with the famed Waterbender Katara as a wife and water/firebending children, and who calls General Iroh 'Uncle'.
Originally, Zuko and Katara are not concerned because there had already been mild rumors before (but quickly squashed with the reminder that the prince is dead), but the situation gets out of hand and the world realizes that Zuko's been alive all this time. Some outrage and talks and HIS WIFE IS A WATERBENDER and getting the children thrust into the spotlight and having to return to the Fire Nation and palace because no matter what with the democracy and stuff, they're still heroes and he's still the prince. But they snap a little bit and eventually after the frenzy was over they were able to return to a somewhat normal life. And more people start getting married across the different nations because they've seen the happy example of the Prince and the Waterbender, and their perfectly healthy children.
By the way, the children and parents went through a lot of emotional stuff when they found out how famous their parents are. And this tale turned into a great legend for the generations to come. 'The Fire Prince and the Water Slave.' Not to mention, hopes and dreams for the girls and guys too who are slaves.
Katuko chapter 30 . 5/25
thank you for finishing this! it was so interesting to read through your A/N with the story and see how time progressed with the story. This is definitely one of the more unique zutaras out there!
saddest and most beautiful thing i read
redautumnhaze chapter 30 . 3/1
I'm at a loss for words. Breathtaking.
WrittenWithLove765 chapter 30 . 2/21
Okay ur forgiven now. I was so confused when Zuko showed up at her new home. I thought u were being mean and she was hallucinating. Alls forgiven now ;). Thanks for putting ur time and effort into this story, in sure I speak for everyone who read this when I say I really appreciate it. Hope to read more of ur work soon.
WrittenWithLove
WrittenWithLove765 chapter 29 . 2/21
I'm crying as I write this, so thanks a lotī¸ This has been a wonderful story, I loved how u depicted the characters. I'm just super depressed that Zuko died. Oh and thanks a lot you jerk for killing off renshu. Okay I'm sorry. That was mean to say. But really I didn't want Katara and Renshu to get married but he was still awesome! Why oh why oh why?
WrittenWithLove but also in tears.
africaflower77 chapter 8 . 2/3
Gahhhh! So interesting!
africaflower77 chapter 1 . 2/3
Hurrah! ZUTARA! Can't wait:):)
VodkaIsNasty chapter 30 . 1/23
I love how angry the reviews are at chapter 29 only for them to apologize for this chapter! You're basically the anti-anti-deux-ex-machina and I love it! Thank you for bringing Zuko back!
Texasface chapter 9 . 1/3
Fun fact:
I'm fluent in Chinese, and I just wanted to point out that Renshu's name means "to admit loss".
WittyBasketcase chapter 30 . 11/30/2015
Holy mother of fuck. He isn't dead! Thank youuuuu
WittyBasketcase chapter 29 . 11/30/2015
HOW CAN YOU FUCKING KILL ZUKO?!
WittyBasketcase chapter 23 . 11/30/2015