Reviews for Blueprints
Luc Star chapter 10 . 10/12/2006
Woohoo! What a chapter!

And I was right. The way you wrote how Matt took his revenge on Ivy was just…man, I think the word awesome (and any other related words) would not be enough to describe that particular scene. And later on - the way both CW and Hagen played Ivy - making her think Catwoman being there was just a coincidence was absolutely brilliant. I’m actually finding myself feeling sorry for Ivy now. The poor girl never stood a chance.

Other parts of this chapter I loved were - Jean Paul thinking about moving to a city with “No Catwoman”. LOL. Oh man, I swear, I feel so sorry for the dude. I wonder if there is a medical term to describe a phobia of cats. Hmm, guess I’m going to have to look it up. Nice cameo appearance by Arsenal by the way.

Matt accepting Bruce’s offer was also something. I really didn’t think he would’ve gone through with it. But considering that this may be his only chance - I guess he had to give it a go. I just hope that he doesn’t blow it. Just out of curiosity I was wondering, have you seen the new The Batman series? If you haven’t, I’d recommend you check it out. The premise of Bruce trying to help out Clayface was somewhat similar to what happened in an episode of The Batman.

The epilogue was… kind of confusing. Its like, Batman is glad to have Catwoman in his life - but he’s still not ready to let her in ALL the way. It’s almost like as though a part of him literally doesn’t want to have the kind of relationship they have. I wonder if the Batman in your universe will end up like the Batman, or rather, Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond. Old, alone, and with almost no friends or loved ones to speak off. Well, before Terry came along anyways.

Take care of yourself Chris, and congrats on finishing yet another excellent story. Here’s to hoping you won’t keep us waiting too long for the next one.

Later.
batfan7 chapter 10 . 10/12/2006
Ah, nice to see Clayface getting back at Ivy, but I'm sorry to see that Selina didn't get a chance to work out her frustrations on a greenhouse full of foliage. Worked out for the best though. I hope we'll see more of Matt in the future, evolving and growing as you've done with all your other characters. I have to say that's one of the things I really appriciate about your Cat-tails universe - the people do actually grow! (Although Ivy sure doesn't seem to catch a clue too quickly, but not everyone is as intelligent as Selina :-P)

Looking forward to your next story!

Oh, and I enjoyed the Roy cameo!
Luc Star chapter 9 . 10/9/2006
This was yet another exciting instalment coming from you.

Though the whole chapter was masterfully done, there were two parts that stood out to me the most.

“After a few minutes, Alfred came in with a sedative. There was an argument about that, but Selina stayed out of it. She could see it was a quarrel they’d had many times before, and she had a hunch that Alfred always won. Tonight was no different and soon Bruce was asleep, breathing heavily, and going nowhere.

Selina cried.

Whiskers hopped up on the bed and sniffed Bruce’s elbow. Alfred brought warm milk. Selina drank it, she cried again, Nutmeg hopped up and licked Whiskers’s nose, Selina held Bruce’s hand, and eventually she fell asleep.”

I’m not really sure why she was crying. In fact, I’m still trying to figure that out.

Does she still have insecurities in regards to her relationship with Bruce (considering how easily Pamela was able to take him away from her)? Was she crying because she was just happy to have her Batman back to herself finally? I hope you’ll address this in your review reply.

The second part that stood out to me the most (especially because of its humour elements) was the internal monologue (all of it) of Matt Hagen on Poison Ivy. It was just brilliant. LOL. Man, I personally can’t wait to see what will happen when Poison Ivy finds out how she has been duped. I’m getting the feeling you’re going to offer us something we’re going to remember for a very long time.

Take care of yourself Dee. Hope to read more from you soon. Later.
notwritinganym0re chapter 9 . 10/6/2006
I'm very, very tired after the field trip and that was just a lovely little thing to come back too. Nicely done
DC Luder chapter 9 . 10/5/2006
Positively brilliant, as always!

"Newer sprinkler system"

Muh wah ha ha...
CalliopeMused chapter 9 . 10/4/2006
You never let a girl down, you know that? I've already read this wonderful little piece of fiction twice today, and it's more proof that it's best to just suspend all expectations. This is what fiction should be- it should be the kind that makes readers decide between rapture/envy and rapture/inspired to go write a few lines of their own.

I love how the two different scenes weave together- neither one is too far ahead, and the cut always happens at just the right place. Wonderful, wonderful things- I still read back and laugh at Slam Bradley. (As far as I'm concerned, the comic storyline after you took over doesn't exist- this is what should have happened.)
batfan7 chapter 9 . 10/4/2006
I'm really, really liking Clayface! He didn't get much 'screen time' this chapter, but I seriously felt for him. Putting up with Ivy would have to be pure torture.

I had been assuming Catwoman would be putting Ivy down and thus rescue Batman, but couldn't figure out how she could do that and still be concidered a true Rouge, however, this will be working out beautifully since she won't really be rescuing him but rather rescuing Clayface. :-)

I'm rather surprised that Ivy hasn't used Batman's love-slave status to figure out who he is, but I guess that's what happens when you have a one-track mind.

I adore these complicated, twisting plots! Brilliant! :-)
ussentinel chapter 9 . 10/3/2006
Whoa. Quite a revolving door of things here; and by that I mean: Good and seems like a sharp, fast read. The Bruce/Selina dynamic was sharp and intact as ever. I loved the AFI countdown line. And the vignette that opened with the Norse stuff? Maybe my favorite of the whole thing. THANK YOU!
Ghost in the Machine chapter 9 . 10/3/2006
And we get a huge boot out of the narrative... One hard elbow, or even a simple backhand, to the throat, easily deliverable inside an automobile, could cripple or kill Selina. Not every fight Batman gets in is dojo ballet, sometimes it's two cats in a sack. He of all people should be able to function is less than optimal conditions.
IndyBrian chapter 9 . 10/3/2006
Woohoo!

I love what you're doing with Matt Hagen. You're rounding out a very one-dimensional character from canon, and making him into, while not a friend or ally, someone who Batman can maybe not worry about as much, kinda like Eddie.

The detox sequence of scenes was perfect. The descriptions were just about perfect from what I remember after coming out of surgery, that slow drugged feeling. Great!

I thought the way that Batman got Selina to ask him about the lightshow was fantastic. Leave it to Batman to have some sort of post-hypnotic inhibitor built into the cave. Of course he does! *grunt*

Very happy about the
Dragonchic1 chapter 8 . 9/29/2006
Ohh. What's going to happen next! Can't wait for more!
CalliopeMused chapter 8 . 9/29/2006
You just- gah.

I should know better, by now. This story is getting faster and building higher, so it's going to stop at a point that leaves me glaring at my poor, blameless computer. I still don't know exactly how you come up with something this amazing every single chapter, but I love reading anything you post.

When a rather insane acquaintance of mine snaps and deposes the writers at DC comics, I know who should fix up the Catwoman comics. The poor lady has been through enough- the movie, SAM BRADLEY, various other issues. At least here she is that beautiful impossible character that turned into a legend when Batman was... distracted, shall we say.
Pandora de Romanus chapter 8 . 9/28/2006
Wow.
Lady V Noir chapter 8 . 9/28/2006
I don't believe I got caught up just in time for a CLIFF HANGER. CHRIS! UPDATE! NOW! I mean Dear Chris, please add cliff hangers to the list of things you do better than DC and please if it isn't too much trouble update soon.
Lady V Noir chapter 7 . 9/28/2006
A story or two back Eddie said you showed the world why those of us who know the real Selina love her. This is why highpoint of the chapter was "you have my heartfelt and unambiguous permission to have as many dear, precious flowers as you like brutally and savagely ripped from the warm embrace of Mother Earth. If Bruce or anyone else has a problem with that, you send’em to me— Please.” Perfect. PURRFECT even.

The Hagen stuff is wonderful too and it has been all the way through. This origin was quite a climax. Well done.
73 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »