Reviews for Blueprints
greenleaves chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
oh. I can't wait for the next update
ussentinel chapter 8 . 9/27/2006
Okay, last part first: I LOVED the ending! Now THIS is what an ending to a chapter should be! I hope you're happy with that; I can't think that anyone would be dissatisfied with that; save for them wanting more. As per usual and certain, there was more good stuff than just the ending. I think you give Matt even more depth by adding to his background. I don't know how you dreamt up the Simons character, but that was great. Naturally, Selina had her usual verve. She was very bold and showed a helluva lot of confidence. And maybe a minor point, but I liked the bit with the leather scent. That was a clever move! Thank you!
IndyBrian chapter 8 . 9/27/2006
I don't review nearly as often as I should, but I've got to say that I like this storyline head and shoulders above the last few stories. I can't wait to see the confrontation!
t wrecks chapter 8 . 9/27/2006
Were you Sherlock Holmes in a past life? The details are mind boggling and you weave your stories so well. Once again I am in awe!
notwritinganym0re chapter 8 . 9/27/2006
Fantastic, utterly fantastic. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter, a real Cat Bat fight, a very tense moment. I'm very excited!
CalliopeMused chapter 7 . 9/23/2006
I've been saving this for a day when I have time to fully appreciate just how much genius went into this. (And for a day without classes, which is just wonderful.)

I love authors who are more clever than I am, I really do. It's so much fun when plots aren't predictable- and when they twist around and only make sense in hindsight. Alfred, Penguin, Batman/Ivy, Catwoman, and Clayface all have their own problems in the plot, and I love watching how this all fits together.

"What was it about that woman? Did he kill a cat in a former life or something?" Jean Paul and Catwoman always make me laugh- and this is just another reason why you should go show DC how it's done. Your plots are always smart, coherent, in character, and fun. (That awful guy who shall not be named... honestly. His initials are backwards. He's not SB. He's BS.)

"Catwoman smiled – quite a lovely smile, even if it was a touch evil-looking."

Pammy beware, I'd think. I love reading these stories, I really do- this is all I need to recover from calculus homework.
Allaine chapter 7 . 9/22/2006
I've written Clayface myself in fan fiction, and I've watched his appearances on B:TAS, and I wanted to say that this chapter convinces me that you've sold his performance completely. This is exactly how I envision his personality, and his new origin - well, let's just say the Roland-Daggett-businessman-from-Hell story was played out long ago. More fitting that his fall from grace was about a woman.

As for Ivy, while I'm sure Selina isn't in a congratulatory mood, it IS nice to see her in a place that seems far removed from last year, when the "Whitman's Sampler" fiasco was a nadir for her on six different levels. She may not be any happier, but she greened Batman when we all assumed it couldn't be done. Whatever she is, she's still as dangerous as she's always been.

Just - fabulous chapter.

Sincerely, Allaine

Written at 9:12 A.M.
Luc Star chapter 7 . 9/20/2006
Oh. My. God.

No, really. I think that’s the best way to describe this chapter. Just an Oh. My. God.

This was by far one of the best chapters I’ve read in a long time. My God man, finally I’m starting to see what happened. And why Batman was acting this strangely.

Ivy - that… that… man, I can’t even come up with words to describe her right now. Though, I must admit, after pulling off something like this, my respect for our green goddess (albeit self-claimed) has gone a few notches.

Anyways, other parts of the chapter I loved here were:

Penguin and his credit card schemes. Heh-Heh. Especially that line about someone calling him “dashing” in his mind. And loved the fact that he actually got arrested with the whole card racketeering thing.

Jean Paul - the poor soul. I swear, I don’t know whether to pity him or laugh at him.

Alfred: Great as always.

Finally, but not at the very least - Matt Hagen. The guy - who, despite his appearance has a name that makes me want to have some ice-cream from Haagen-Dazs. And now, he makes me want to sympathise with him. Which, I was already doing by the last chapter. His life story from his point of view was amazingly well written. However, he should be careful taking up on Selina’s offer to bust Ivy’s chops. Somehow, I get the feeling that the reason Ivy enthralled Batman is not going to turn out good for Hagen in the future. But, that’s just me and my overactive imagination speculating.

All in all, can’t wait to read the next chapter. So don’t keep us waiting and update soon.

And as always, keep up the great work.

Later.
t wrecks chapter 7 . 9/20/2006
Amazing, you are always coming up with these complicated plots

just like the regular writers, only much better. Clayface was an inspired choice here.
ussentinel chapter 7 . 9/19/2006
Well, ask and ye shall receive: I wanted to see more background of Rebecca and Clayface. Lo, behold, I got it. In my previous readings of the Clayface (fics, comics) and tv series, THIS was the origin that I think got it right; plausible, credible, and most importantly ... INTERESTING.

Yeah, there was more to the chapter than that, but the Clayface stuff really struck me. Thank you!
greenleaves chapter 7 . 9/19/2006
Please update soon. And please get Bruce/Batman back to normal soon, I miss him
notwritinganym0re chapter 7 . 9/19/2006
You know, I know I shouldn't, but I quite like Clayface. Not like Joker, who I find amusing, or Two-Face who I just feel sorry for - but I feel genuine like for Clayface.

On the other hand, I'm outraged at Ivy and stunned by Batman's intellect once more! I never saw this one coming, it was brilliantly executed Chris. Can't wait to see how Selina handles it.
Loki-L chapter 6 . 9/14/2006
I really like this latest story from your Cat-Tales-verse. Even small characters who probably aren't going to be playing too important parts are described with an atention to detail that makes them a lot more real than what essentially are just some figures in the background of a comic-book story have any right to be.

I suspect that Batman's real motivations for the project are somewhat different from what Selina and with her the reader are initially lead to believe. Perhaps a turning point in the whole Tale?

Although I did not recognize any of the names and assume that they are all made up I would guess that the list at the end of this chapter might be something along the lines of Gotham's most eligible bachelors or something similar...
batfan7 chapter 6 . 9/14/2006
Hm, I wonder who the names are supposed to be. I looked up Ted Layne in Wikipedia, but didn't come up with anything, so they must be either exclusive to DC or just made up. Wait, isn't Steve Gardner a Green Lantern or something? Unfortunetly, none of the others mean anything to me. I wonder what they'll mean to Catwoman.

I like you're vision of Clayface. He seems less of a stupid 'bad guy' and more of a realistic person than I've ever seen him written before. And I appriciated his motivation. Or lack thereof. I would think he has the potential to be a serious problem as a rouge, but never seemed to quite get there and a more laid-back personality actually seems to be a understandable reason for that. Nice.

I would never have come up with Harley Quinn Kryptonite as meaning the Joker, but it's sure true. It was a nice touch having Clayface rather than the heroine figure it out too.
ussentinel chapter 6 . 9/13/2006
Well now! I'd say things just got a lot clearer on the mystery-front somewhat. The Ivy connection is really shaping up to something now and it's a safe bet the names are a big clue! I think that got my juices flowing the most. However, it'd be rude of me to flatly dismiss everything else that was executed so well. To wit, the Selina/Ozzy bartering scene, the Matt/Selina convo, Alfred, etc. Geez, even the title was perfect! I do hope we get more into what Rebecca is all about. Thank you!
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »