Reviews for Blueprints
ussentinel chapter 3 . 8/22/2006
Geez, I have to ask myself what did I love more here - all the really cool details, OR the proposal scene in the garden. Oh, and there is just this undercurrent of something just not quite right with Bruce, isn't there? This was a very good read IMO; quick and well-paced.

You really sprinkling details in very well. I loved: Catwoman thefts becoming an endorsement (I can just see them rewriting Fodor's now). The Horus Falcon (complete with dates). The quotes (Variety AND The Hollywood Reporter). Clayface not having groupies. Sparrow, Jay and Raven! Crisp Irish linen. Alfred piqued. Penguin calling Clayface, "my dear Matthew."

Then there was the proposal. Yes, Bruce made the offer, but Selina was the one who got my attention. Her words were sharp, tarty, and very pure in character. I now just wonder where these four bars are, or if there are really four at all. Great job! Thank you!
Luc Star chapter 2 . 8/22/2006
LOL. This was another excellent chapter. Oh, and I did read the last one when you first posted it - unfortunately I was having a rather hectic day and couldn’t leave a review. Great work on that one as well. It always amazing me as to the amount of details you place in your stories. I really wish I could do that in my own stories. While your story has the habit of focusing on every little detail - or so it seems at times to me, I only seem to be able to focus on the characters… at most times focusing very little on the environment I placed them in. Hopefully, as time goes by and my own writing improves - I will be able to change that.

Anyways, as for this particular chapter - I nearly fell off my seat laughing when I read about Hagen and Ivy’s misadventure at the Arkham Asylum while they were looking for Harley. Heh. But, the best part of the entire chapter to me was batman leaving a bat-shaped emblem on the case at the museum. This image came to me of Batman taking out a marker and writing on the case, “Batman was here.” Maybe add a little “Nuff said!” at the end. He-he. Yeah, I know, our favourite Bat might never do that. But hey… here’s to dreaming.

Anyways, I can’t wait to read the next chapter… which I see is up but - it’s already past twelve here and I need to get up early to get to work. Take care of yourself Miss Dee. I’ll hopefully read up on the next chapter tomorrow.

And keep up the great work. Later.
Allaine chapter 3 . 8/22/2006
I don't think Clayface will be truly satisfied until he commits a crime or two, gets captured by Batman, and then is sent up the river to Arkham - okay, it's annoying that they assume he's crazy, but still, virtually every Rogue in Gotham right now is there. (Better yet, Ivy isn't.) At that moment, he can be formally re-inducted into the club.

(The discovery that he was originally the Monarch may add to the luster. Or the fact that he dared to fool around with Harley Quinn.)

Of course, once that's out of the way, Matt has to decide - is being a wanted felon and inflicting pain on others worth being a part of this twisted family?

As long as you keep up these really spot-on internal monologues of his, Chris, the journey should be QUITE interesting.
t wrecks chapter 3 . 8/21/2006
is it mind control, or pre-popping the question jitters?

Awesome as usual. I can always count on your stories to make me think.
notwritinganym0re chapter 3 . 8/21/2006
Very odd indeed, I look forwards to the next chapter
Sue chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
I forgot to say last chapter how Bruce and Selina were the cutest that I've ever seen them although I'm sure they wouldn't want to be called cute. It is just as good here, with him taking such pleasure in watching her be herself. So satisfying.

I was right, bad things coming from the flowers. Ivy, tsk tsk, you never learn. Her final strategy proves everything Matt said. I'm really starting to like Clayface. Never expected to.

Was wonderful catching up with this. Update soon.
Sue chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
I am trying the practice from that message board, writing comments as I go along. I like the opening very much. Many of those doing Batman clearly know little of Bruce wayne's world. You obviously do. It adds so much believability to the story. We heard once before of this early tension between him and Alfred when Bruce was a teenager. That is also very believable. These human details and domestic details add so much. But I wonder if it is just atmosphere. We're talking about flowers and there is Poison Ivy coming back. Not good.

commenting as I went didn't work since I reached the end already. But it was a very good chapter and looks to be another great story.
t wrecks chapter 2 . 8/14/2006
I like the direction you are headed here. As usual you are superb. So I haven't reviewed in a while. Computer was down.
ussentinel chapter 2 . 8/14/2006
I sure don't want to be Matt now; the last sentence was as sharp as a thorn. Still, you take a character like him, make him interesting in the second scene, and now you have me calling him by his first name now. I'm not sure if it was as interesting as the Alfred/Selina bit or even the Bruce/Selina bit, but interesting just the same - well done! Maybe even MORE telling was the peek at this early log entry, Bats showing some feelings for Catwoman even back then; very interesting. I know this was a roundabout, out-of-sequence review, but I hope this made sense. Thank you.
Pandora de Romanus chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Terrific... That will be funny! Loving it so far! Ah... and before I forget, I loved Eddie in the Sky with Diamonds! Got me laughing so hard I almost got fired. _x
IndyBrian chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
Yes! A new chapter!

This was a great chapter. I love seeing the day-to-day interaction between Bruce and Selina, and the part about the floral arrangement for the dining room was a nice touch. Alfred is a character that often doesn't get enough screen time, so whenever we get a little bit of his life, it's fun.

Poor Pam. 5 hours next to a talkative blowhard and realizing that you really do have green skin would make anyone reach for those little bottles.

Maybe Selina could invite Pam over to meet Walapang? :)
ussentinel chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Great, interesting opening paragraphs here; nicely detailed. I don't find that kinda thing too often. It was the same thing with the bats. Cool name. I think my favorites scenes though were the Bruce/Bats and Selina/Cats dialogue. VERY well done! Thanks!
batfan7 chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Looks like another incredible story in the making! I am continuously amazed at your ability to produce such fantastic ideas AND write them down so quickly and so fluently.

Humm...what exactly is Clayface doing? Shifting his appearance, even if it is slowly doesn't seem to be something that would gain him anything. I wonder if Selina will find out that Ivy is the true culprit behind the Post story? :-) Do you think you might follow up a bit with what's happening with Tim and Cass? I assume you're not going to follow the DC arc where she went evil (Please don't! What a horrid idea on their part - I always liked Cass) Anyway, a hint on what's happening with them would be appriciated... Oh, and I loved Selina's reaction to the pair of bats. Of course Bruce doesn't want them named, but who's laying odds on them getting named anyway?
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5