Reviews for A Life Half Lived
StyxxandBethany chapter 1 . 3/28
Great description! Every part of it flows so well. And Faramir's men were more than willing to die for him, so this show how much they care for his captain!
Guest chapter 20 . 11/5/2014
An amazing story. One of my favorites. I think you've done such a good job expressing the characters' feelings and emotions. It all feels very plausible the way they feel, fall in love, express themselves. I also think the chapter where Faramir helps Eowyn to write is so romantic!
Anon chapter 20 . 1/16/2014
I like how you alternately describe Faramir's and Eowyn's feelings and point of view. You manage to do it so that it adds to the suspense.
Mystricka chapter 20 . 12/28/2013
I love re-reading this story. And now I need a box of tissues ... You are an excellent writer. :-)
shine lots chapter 13 . 8/11/2011
Your Faramir is so so so so hahaha so so insightful of the motives and emotions of others. Just what I've always imagined actually. I think he might have a bit of Fey/elfish power in him which gives him this insight. He's Numenorian afterall, and his perception is a bit inhuman.
Desertfyre chapter 2 . 8/11/2010
Love this chapter! I'm loving Tirinon! It took me awhile to get use to the thees/thous but I agree it does give him (and his brother) something that stands out about them. D

Loving the Faramir angst here...
Power Of Funk chapter 20 . 8/6/2010
This was really great XD nice and angsty

also i don't usually read het, but Eowyn's pretty badass and it was really well written. You did a good job with her i think because her emotions and thoughts were quite realistic.

Keep it up! The Power Of FUNK compels you!
IHeartSam chapter 20 . 6/14/2008
WOW! just wow-I read this fic in one go today and I have to say it was amazing! I love what you did with the characters and your writing is so emotive that at times I found an ache growing withing me as I read of the pains you spoke of. Fantastic job! I am sorry to see this fic end but you are right-it felt right to end it there. Well done!
eva chapter 11 . 5/20/2008
This is the greatest story about Faramir's recovery I've ever read. It gives me a feeling that "this is exactly what has happened". I see a strong man, a worthy wife, and a beautiful love built on the process of healing. Thank you dear Dimfuin~
LimeJuiceTub chapter 20 . 4/11/2007
Loved it! It was wonderful to read a story from Faramir's POV - and a realistic one at that. I must admit, the thees and thous in the first few chapters put me off a bit, but I persevered and it was definitely worth it! :D This last chapter especially, was very well done. You are probably only the second or third author I have come across who has managed to blend in Tolkien's original conversation between Faramir and Eowyn with your own very smoothly and naturally. With some authors, you automatically know when they are using their own language and what is quoted directly from Tolkien, but in your story, it was mostly seamless, which made for a much more enjoyable read. I hope to read more of your work in future! :D
simbelmyrne chapter 20 . 3/27/2007
Great story. Even though I knew that Eowyn and Faramir would get together at the end, I still found myself holding my breath and cheering them on. I liked the way that you intertwined Tolkien's words with the character's inner thoughts. Thanks for sticking with writing this story to the end, and thanks for a great tale. Keep writing!
rubic-cube chapter 20 . 3/25/2007
Aw...I can't believe that it is the end! it is a wonderful story. Are you going to do another and continue the lives of Farmir and Ewoyn? About the message than Ewoyn could always fix it by saying to was a spoken message...but I want you to continue to write
lindahoyland chapter 20 . 3/23/2007
I've enjoyed your version of Tolkien's story,thank you.
blueoctober chapter 20 . 3/23/2007
Wow what a great story! :) You've written it extremely well. I hope you plan on writing more... Keep up the great work.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 20 . 3/23/2007
Aw... What a perfect ending! *sighs*

I shall be sorry not to have any more chapters, though. I will miss your excellent writing.

Sarah x