Reviews for Naught But a Whimsy
Stygian Styx chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Very good.
electricskye chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
i LOVE all your work. and this one is one of the best luna-portraying one-shots i've ever read. really amazing, how you showed luna's point of view so well. i can't do it, and there's not many who can. good work!
moonpower02 chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
LOL, that was very cute and funny story. I hope you write more with Harry/Luna. Keep up the great work. Very funny.
dybank chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Aw, I enjoyed reading this. I never really thought about Harry and Luna together, but it was nice! :)
Aideko chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I really enjoyed reading this. You did an excellent job with characterizing Luna. She's very difficult to write, but you portrayed her perfectly! I love how she was always observing things, small details no one else but her would pick up. And the Harry/Luna interaction was adorable. Awesome job!
dfshie chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Latrodectus Mactans chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
This was soo good, Great job! I loved it!
I HAVE LEFT FANFIC DELETE chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Oh, I do love your story-very much so! It was absolutely hilarious, and captured Luna's personality perfectly. My favorite line was: “Well, being a banana nut muffin takes quite a lot of work, I’ll have you know.”

It most certainly is. And the ending of your story was so sweet, and whimsical...Your writing style reminds me of a light, humorous version of Francesca Lia Block's. Simply amazing.
thestartling chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Oh, oh! This had me laughing. At some points I worried that Luna's character was being stretched a bit too far, a bit too wildly, but that ending just rounded it all out for me. "I hold no resemblance to any sort of poultry." How wonderful, how loony indeed! Aside from characterization, perhaps what I adore most about this is the voice that flows in your writing. It's an incredible, dotty, rambling, alive kind of voice, which I appreciated immensely because it added just that extra oomph! to such a fun story. Great job; this is probably the best Luna-centered fic I've read.
BetterDeadThanAlone chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Oh, I quite like it. It funny in a funny way!

And Luna is acting like Luna!
jbern chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
A very nice little one shot. Luna is a very difficult character to do justice to, but I think you succeeded. Congratulations.

Lampessa chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
I'm a Luna fan. It was a pleasure to read this story.
CrzyAngelchic chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
you..AMAZE me. I'm actually late for work because I've been reading this. You know what's funny too? How you put all this doubt in your stories and they come out WONDERFUL. I'm starting to think that's some secret tactic you use. Tell the readers it sucks, and then as we keep reading we become even more amazed by how phenomenal it is. No, but for real. There were many many great lines and themes in here, but my favorite was:

"“No, you’re very light,” said Harry, letting a small smile return to his lips. Together they looked through the window, outsiders in different ways, prying eyes looking longingly at the scene past the pane of dirty glass."

It was just so perfect for that one moment. And it described your whole story so wonderfully.

Now, on the overall, the way you wrote the story as if Luna herself was telling it (because it was so quirky at time) was *such* a good idea. ingenious. And I also like the conversational tone you had. Especially the last paragraph. "but you were right in the beginning, did you know?"

i loved it.

Also, the whole Luna Ashmore thing, it was really good that you started out the story that way. For a while I didnt even know if Harry would show up at all. This one little story had so much dimension to it. Crazy good.

I cant believe you have these genius plots in your head. I just loved everything over all. Never be afraid to write out your ideas, 'cause from what i've seen, theyre awesome. I'd definately read more.

lovemetenderly chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
lol, I liked this story very much!

I Do hope you write something like this again, it was amazing!.
absolutleyfabulous chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
please continue i really liked looks like it would be a great story...the ending was really good too,.