Reviews for Too Close to Home
ripper34 chapter 13 . 3/2
Good story
Talkinglollipop chapter 13 . 2/6/2013
No sequel? 3
But I wanna see who Alex chooses!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
1st chapter. thoughts: intense!
Embers of Inspiration chapter 13 . 9/20/2012
This is genius. YOU are a genius.
Genius.

I loved it. Can you tell? The last line was perfect. Nicely done.
sapphireswimming chapter 13 . 3/26/2012
Duhn duhn duhnnnnnn.

What an interesting stopping point. I'm not sure that I've read another story that ends with Alex debating whether to go with the good guys or the bad guys.

But it's pretty realistic.

Nicely done.

sapphireswimming chapter 12 . 3/26/2012
Ouch. This is not good at all. Alex must be so sick of drugs. And these people. And this place.

Hurry up, MI6!

sapphireswimming chapter 11 . 3/26/2012
It's odd how Alistair seems to have become the nice one and Yassen is the devious let's-beat-the-boy-up in this chapter...

sapphireswimming chapter 10 . 3/26/2012
Well that was interesting. Training and tricking and plotting and planning and testing and trusting.

There were a couple parts that didn't seem to flow right... like at the end of the dinner, and then there was a bit after that as well.

Smart smart Alex to figure out that his rescue wasn't quite right.

sapphireswimming chapter 9 . 3/26/2012
Surprise surprise! I wasn't expecting Yassen to come back from the dead on this one... or for Alistair to so quickly put aside all of his fear, suspicion, and questions. But it's working to keep Alex alive for now, so...

sapphireswimming chapter 8 . 3/26/2012
Ah, a deep breath before the storm. Things will not go well once they figure out who he is... unless MI6 is wonderful and comes to his rescue right away. But I doubt that will be the case, somehow.

sapphireswimming chapter 7 . 3/25/2012
The sentence about Blunt feeling a stab of guilt was very good. That whole paragraph really showed how bad this situation was and how much had been taken out of the hands of the people who should normally be in charge.

It was smart of them to use a newscaster logo on the helicopter. Very smart.

But that still only helped so much.

sapphireswimming chapter 6 . 3/25/2012
Oh man. What a crazy scene. What a crazy guy. What a crazy situation! So much craziness! :)

Ouch. Alistair's comeback to his mother being "fond" of people was quite... uhm... yes.

sapphireswimming chapter 5 . 3/25/2012
Ah, what a crazy cliffhanger. This can't be the end for Alex, but I'm so glad this story is finished so I don't have to be left hanging on THAT.

"They hadn't wanted this for Alex. If truth be told, they'd been getting attached to the boy." - Ha. ha. ha. ha. ha.

sapphireswimming chapter 4 . 3/25/2012
Whoa. What a plot twist. And now we have Julia Rothman's son. It's a good thing for Alex that he doesn't know their REAL connection. Although I bet that he has time and resources to check it out while they wait for the gov to meet their demands.

sapphireswimming chapter 3 . 3/25/2012
Well, it really doesn't do to forget the snipers, does it? Oh no.

"It's always me, isn't it"- such a morbidly funny line.

There were a few tense changes in this chapter, specifically with the make of the window and a few other times as well, I think.