Reviews for Shiritori
Religion0 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Heh, this is funny.
frostneko chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
You explained how to play very well, and it sounds like fun. But, can you use two words or does it have to be one? Does there have to be a theme?

squid - dried meat or Greg - George Washington

Bad examples but you understand what I mean, right? (hopefully)

I would be very greatful if you answered my questions. Great oneshot!
freakyanimegal chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
O.O LOL!
Zalein chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
This was a very enjoyable read. The personalities of every character come out as though highlighted. If Kratos played a game at all, he'd do it with savage efficiency, like he's doing now. Whenever Colette plays (which we can assume she might do a lot), she'd be just as irrepressably cheerful as she always is. I thought it was a bit strange that the Professor wouldn't recognize 'green' as a food option, but it makes sense that she'd be pointing out that it isn't a specific food, instead of a food category, and would thus get tripped up.

By the way-like in Tales of Symphonia, I employ the same tactic that the player uses: I have all my words end in one letter. Fortunately for my friend and I, we weren't restricting our words to a single topic. Unfortunately for us, we found ourselves running out of words that ended or began with 'E' or 'R'. It was still fun, though!

Keep writing~

Zalein.
Mee Yah chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
So funny XD
screwthestandard101 chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
That was cute. Great one-shot. - Iamme
Ark Navy chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
! That... game! I LOVE THAT GAME! Maybe that's because I always win, somehow, but still... I still play that all the time with MY loser friends! ::grins broadly:: Yeah, I remember in eighth grade we played that to get out of dancing during our DC trip... Good times, that...

::ahem:: Enough reminescing(sp? Too lazy.). I can certainly see Kratos being good at that game, it just fits. And him being sneaky with those weird words and rules and... stuff. Though, when I play, you can blurt anything out at anytime (as long as it DOESN'T help the other players) and ten seconds to think up a word. That sounds like a lot of time, but not when everyone else is screaming the countdown. XD Man, now I really need to find someone to play that with...

Then, it came to him. "Egg."

"Green!" Colette cheerfully exclaimed.

The professor sighed. "Out. Colette, 'green' is a color."

That's a genius line! Heck, a genius story! ...I feel a "YAAYZ!" is in order here... ::adds to favs::

...YAAYZ!
Scelestus chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Aww man, I used to do that game all the time when we went for school field trips. (way back when...)

Instead of co-oping in gym, my friends and I sit in a big group and play that game with place names and sometimes animals. The places one suck cuz places like 'Alberta' and 'Australia' make you use up all the 'A' places. But, it's still a fun game to play when you don't like gym!
unknownseraphim chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
That is the best game ever, I actually play that with my friends XD I'm pathetic, but it is really entertaining.

Hm I wonder what it'd be like if Kratos and Yuan played that against each other...*sweat drop* it'd last forever.

Anyways, great job. _
Kawaii Yoshi chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
lol! Love it! I love shiritori too. Such a fun game
Lishia chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
This was so cute! I loved it.

Heh, Kratos pwns at word games.
Sapphire-luna232 chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
Neat idea! It figures Kratos would win; silent, stoic being that he is _

That 'Mau' game... it sounds like something we used to play at camp. One person would say 'Okay, everyone's invited to a party, what do you bring?' And the people would start listing items, and the first person would tell them whether or not they were acceptable to bring. One by one, the people figure out which items they can bring by figuring out the rule the leader made up. Kinda like this... except I think Lloyd (and maybe Collete) would've lost that one long before anyone else :)

Anyway, great story! I'm waiting anxiously for the 'next serious oneshot' you've got planned!

~Sapphire
Berserk1 chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
yays, awsomeness. i played that game once with some friends, it went on for an hour before we all gave up. together, we used 300 words. i had one count, nice one shot. n.n
lloyd-forever chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
LOL omg that is so awsm! so funny! (currently extremely amused) ;)