Reviews for The Call of Duty: Legolas At Erebor
aja aron chapter 6 . 12/31/2013
Excellent finish to the tale. The mithril shirt gone, and the unknown future looming. Looking forward to more of what you may present in this verse.
aja aron chapter 5 . 12/31/2013
Excellent. The continual specter of the bats until Legolas got caught up in the battle thrush was tense and well done. Marvelous job portraying the counsel regarding the battle strategy, marvelous job portraying the battle itself, and marvelous job depicting the appearance of Thorin and his small contingent. Onward...
aja aron chapter 4 . 12/31/2013
One of my very favorite moments in The Hobbit is that part where Thranduil does not hesitate to send aid to the survivors of Lake Town, and does indeed go himself. I also love that even after Bard urges him to, he refuses to start a war over gold (and though I suppose it doesn't truly matter, I greatly desire to hear him say that line - 'long will I tarry, ere I begin this war for gold' - in the next film, if I go see it). Both those actions spoke more to me about Thranduil's character than anything else.

As for your story perspective and interpretation of those events, I'm still enjoying the tale you are spinning, the nuance you portray in the situation, the maneuvering Thranduil works to protect his son, and Legolas's frustrated late realization of it. Especially love Legolas's continued subtle disquiet in the presence of the ring and the foreshadowing of the events to come. Nicely, magically, done.
aja aron chapter 2 . 12/31/2013
Enjoyed the call back to your other stories. Still loving the perspective and portrayal.
aja aron chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Enjoying this immensely. Love the view of the tale from this perspective. I always felt those readers that deemed Thranduil to be nothing but an evil overlord during his exchange with the dwarves, and thus characterized him as such ever after, never actually read the entire book, let alone truly read this section or paid attention to Thranduil's actual questions and motivations.

On a finer note, I'm enjoying how Legolas is sensing Bilbo and/or the ring. Nicely and subtly done.
artgirl chapter 6 . 6/7/2011
good short story. I think its odd that it has taken me this long to read it.
anarithilien chapter 6 . 8/3/2009
I'm not sure how I missed this story before, but located it recently at HASA (would have left a review for you there, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it). I'm glad you are diverse and post your stories elsewhere or I might have gone without telling you how much I enjoyed this story. Legolas is charming and the king is very noble, and the characters fit very nicely into "Hobbit" canon. I chuckled my way merrily through the telling. Actually, I have to admit you have yet to write a story I haven't adored, and so I'm making sure I add you to my Favorite's List. My very best to you, and may you be blessed with a prolific muse.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 6 . 11/13/2008
Very nice. :) I love the way you've put Legolas into the story.
lady angst chapter 6 . 1/4/2008
This is a great story, and a perspective I haven't run across anywhere else.

Thanks for making believable and likeable motives for the Mirkwood elves to take their army to Erebor. It's nice believing that they didn't do it for wealth, as other interpretations would have one believe.
sazza-da-vampire chapter 6 . 10/5/2007
you know, this truly deserves a sequel! what about when Aragorn is inspecting Frodo's side wound after leaving Moria?

this is a definite for my favourite stories list
Jebb chapter 6 . 8/9/2006
Thank you so much for this story, the aftermath of battle is a sad time for everyone and loss never far away

Galion has redeemed himself Legolas has taken part in a full scale battle and suffered from the pain that war brings both for himself and others around him

I suspect that the amount of death and destruction he has witnessed is something he will never forget, seeing a friend in the tent and not realising initially he was dead must have been a shock to the system as much as the pain from his own wound

Your Thranduil had much to admire a good friend an excellent father (if a little too protective according to his son!) and a king among kings, what an elf!

The small touches of humout lightened the mood as well, the toad, Legolas's glee at the mithril shirt disappearing for good, his embarrassment at the 'librarian' comment all made this such a realistic peek into life in the Greenwood.

I haven't been able to express my feelings very well here, the words don't do them justice, but thank you I have really enjoyed this tale and hope there are many more to come
LOTRlover chapter 6 . 8/8/2006
Very good story, Jael. I like your characterizations of Legolas and Thranduil and the fighting scenes are well done. That bit of foreshadowing at the end was fun.
Jebb chapter 5 . 8/8/2006
Well the tension was certainly ratcheted up here, the battle scenes were truly frightening and I was only reading, I wasn't there ...

We now see why Thranduil wanted Legolas near to him and I expect Legolas wishes he no longer knew the reason death came far too close to both father and son.

I liked your comparison of Thranduil's character and Han Solo another of my favourites and I went off and found that Thranduil/Galion tale and really enjoyed it
SadieSil chapter 4 . 8/7/2006
Great you have updated as you promised. Thanks so much. Your fine sense of humor, mixed with action and serious scenes are something I've never read. Really perfect. I love your characters and when Legolas said: "Thranduil The Magnificent and his son, Legolas The Adorable." I admit that I have to stop to laugh hehehe... Everything was so perfect! I love your story.

Thanks again for sharing it with us.
Ocne chapter 4 . 8/7/2006
Hi, Jael. Another very good chapter. After reading it, it seems even more of a miracle that Legolas befriended Gimli. Loved Thranduil as a pikeman and as a deceiver, who was deceived in the first place.

'He felt a great sympathy for Bard, for how painful it must be to gaze upon the spot where a forefather had met his doom.'

Indeed. Would be interesting to know Legolas' thoughts at the Black Gate.

Legolas The Adorable as a new lore name. LOL! Do I detect sarcasm towards Orlandomania here, or is it just me?

Talking of typos, there is a little glitch in the punctuation here : 'Yet I do not delude myself as to which of us has the greater power and prestige.; I am but the ruler of a backwater realm, and I know better than to enter into a water-passing contest with one of the Istari.'

The backstory of the mithril coat is intriguing. I really need to go read your previous stories, but I will be away for at least a month. I'll be back though, I think. :-)