Reviews for No Common Allegiance: An Elegy for Justice
Cutter12 chapter 21 . 4/17/2012
PERFECT. This story is a perfect ending to your trilogy. I loved how you portrayed Charlie, determined - even through his fear. Don's overwhelming sense of loss, his need to be involved in the action and his moment of truth when he triumphed over Escalón in the alleyway. And, all of the other characters. Their thoughts and actions felt real and truthful. (I especially loved Don's team.) Everything was just PERFECT.
adhafera black chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Hey!

Just a little word because I added the whole serie to my fav and it would be impolite not leave one after all the work you obviously put in it!

So thanks again and sorry for the double review on When it Rains, I didn't realize I had done it already :)

Bye,

Adha!
layla-xd chapter 21 . 5/15/2010
This story was so wonderful. Okay, the whole "No common allegiance" series was wonderful, but this story just stands out because it is the one with the most emotions.

To me, writing is always about the emotions. Of course I enjoy a great plot because stories without plot tend to become a bit senseless, but Im most interested in the emotional relationships between the characters. Relationships are what define our lives because whatever comes our way, the people that we care about, the people that matter to us make it all better. They help us. They need us. We need them. They make our life worth living. So in the end, our emotions and the people that were attached to make our lives. Thats why I enjoy emotional stories.

And you had some pretty heavy emotions going on there. You made me cry. I didnt want to, but I just couldnt stop the tears when I practically could _feel_ Dons loss and grief and struggle for control, Charlies search for a sense in what cant have any sense... this was awesome. Sad. Beautiful. Wonderfully written.

Thank you for writing and sharing such an amazing story. I love your writing.
Foreverwolf chapter 21 . 1/20/2010
This was a very well done series! I couldn't put it down until I'd read all three! I'm new to the show, but loved how you captured the inner workings of the Eppes brothers.

Well done and thank you for sharing your amazing talent!
Rinne chapter 21 . 12/2/2009
Wow. Seriously wow. Holy crap this series was awesome. I'm not a huge fan of Charlie centric stories, which was why I'd never given it a go before, but I'd really liked your writing with your other stories so I thought I'd try it.

I am so glad I did. I often find that I can't see Charlie in Charlie centric stories as the Charlie in the series, but you captured him beautifully. And what you did to my Don. I've almost been sobbing through this last story, with Robin's death and Don's reactions to it all.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
Jazmingirl chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I love this story
epalladino chapter 21 . 6/26/2009
Ah, you saved the best for last. All of the stories in this series were phenomenal, but this really took the cake. Poor Robin, though. I can just feel Don's grief here. I'm glad he didn't have to lose Charlie too. The suspense of what went on in the courthouse was very well written, but it's the emotions of the piece that are the best thing about it. Loved the ending.

Thanks, Beth
theonlyxception chapter 21 . 6/10/2008
If I couldn't feel enough of the emotions in this story, well I could definitely feel it in this one. I felt bad for Charlie, knowing that he was blaming himself for what happened to Robyn. Even Don, who I'm partial to now, I felt bad for his loss as well. Even knowing that things could have turned out a lot worse, I like that a brother's word and a father's worry was a turning point to a long road, but a happier ending.
Patti chapter 21 . 1/14/2008
Thanks for an amazing 3 stories. I feel as if I just watched a 2-parter of the series. You pegged everyone perfectly and tied up a complicated storyline effortlessly. Wonderful job.
ferryboat George chapter 21 . 6/28/2007
Great story. I didn't have any strong feelings toward Robin one way or the other. I didn't wish her dead, but wouldn't really miss her either. It helped that right before I read this, I watched The Mole and found out she dumped Don anyway. I hope you don't mind if I get religious here, but you did bring it up. I get mad at people who say something was 'God's will' or 'it happened for a reason'. It's never God's will that things like that happen, and it never happens for a reason either. What He does promise, is that when something unreasonable does happen, he can help us find the good in it, because no matter how bad it was, there is always good. I hope that made sense and didn't offend anybody :P Keep up the good writing and I'll get off my soap box now.
HeartOfChaos chapter 21 . 6/8/2007
This was my fave so far. Poor Charlie, poor everyone. I can't think of anything else to say, except that this was incredible! Great job!
Kes chapter 21 . 6/8/2007
Yay! *applause* Jolly good show. Especially with Don's breakdown; realistic, without slipping too much into melodrama. The only problems were still little technical things-mixing up 'where' and 'were', 'weary' and 'wary', that sort of thing. But the plot and action and character stuff continued to be tight. :D
Kes chapter 2 . 6/8/2007
Hey, I've been enjoying this series, but I can't take any more of a couple of rookie mistakes;

-Misplaced apostrophes. Saying "the boy's went to lunch" instead of "the boys went to lunch", that sort of thing.

-Strange ellipses. To indicate a pause in the middle of a sentence it's three periods, "...", and to indicate a sentence that trails off it's four. You keep throwing a rather outrageous number of periods in, and it distracts from the story.

I only nitpick because you're so good otherwise. ;) Keep up the good work, just use a beta or something and it will be so much better. 8)
jamiie numb3rs chapter 9 . 4/11/2007
this chapter made me want to cry.. I tried my best coz im not at home. I really don't want to cry in public you know.. great work. I'll give you a thumbs up. It was so sad that Robin had to die... and Charlie, well, he almost did and that scares me...
Vampy chapter 21 . 2/24/2007
Awesome story! All three of them. With the second you had me little worried that it would turn out hopeless but everything went okay with Marcus and his little bro. So I'm happy. Also my complements for exelent beginnings, especially "A gathering of Crows" was really good written. Really loved it. I hope you'll write lots more! ;) V.