Reviews for Sunshine People
RoblynM chapter 3 . 10/8/2012
Going back and rereading some series & am, of course, catching small things I missed the first go round. Do I detect a Forever Knight fan? (Caddy)
cirana chapter 8 . 5/11/2007
gd fic
ice-connoisseur chapter 8 . 8/25/2006
Dear lord! I go on holiday for three weeks, return, and you've done a whole story! Brilliant! yey! Go Violet! And Cotor! Are there more? Please?

Emma
Interstella chapter 8 . 8/19/2006
So not fair! you can't 'av' finished! i think you should write more! Maybe another sequal? oh please do!
movielover03 chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
I love this fic and all the ones before it. I just got through them in one go. You must write more, its well written and very cute.
Zenna chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
puh... ::sputter:: what! it's over...? no more? ::whimper:: well, what an enjoyable story. immense fun to read. i do hope there'll be more adventures of the two? surely there must be. with the energy that those two possess it would be immpossible not to, you know, kick up some dust in the universe. thankyou so much for the story and i'm eagerly waiting for more. (yes, that is officially a demand.)
SciFiLeslie chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
I LOVE Violet!

It was so very hard to not read this in pieces as I usually only read complete stories. I hate being hung out to dry by authors who don't update regularly or who abandon stories. (OK, maybe I did peek but I could see you update regularly.)

Great story. I hope you plan to write nore.
Ladyfiona89 chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
i have to say this story is intresting
Tai Greywing chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
Putting up with this fic? My dear Reichenbach, this story has been one of the reasons I've spent so much time on ff .net lately.

Violet should NOT be left alone with the sonic screwdriver. Under any circumstances. Normally, I'm not a great fan of OCs that become main characters, but when they're as well written as this and such a part of the story, I really have to bend my own rules. This story wouldn't be quite the same without Vi to stir everything up.

Your ability to write a situation and then have the characters react in a way that could truly come straight from the TV show is quite frankly astonishing. You manage to combine the best of action/adventure with the right level of sarcasm and wit. Amazing... just ... amazing.

Ego feeling inflated enough? Good, then it's time to ask you something - I do hope that you have plans to continue this mini-series. There is so much more to write! You could skip a few years (shudder, poor Doctor if he has to cope with a goth/punk teenager) and then somehow have them finding a way to Pete's world /universe.

You did promise that Rose was going to be making an appearence at some point, right? Right? (Oh dear, I'm prompting you into doing MORE work...hope you don't mind...)

Tai (fantastic job, really)
Chef Erica chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
Yay, it's done. And it was great. Thanx for writing this fic. Now maybe the story council will visit send you the fic where they get violets mum. *wink*

hugs

Erics
Tai Greywing chapter 7 . 8/13/2006
Ah, but he's the Doctor, can't he just command a way out to just open up?

Go Violet with the winging-it-while-saving-the-day, she's learning things from the master. Although, most of it seems to be instinctive and not learnt. I wonder how Rose/Jackie/Mickey/Pete/ all the other poor sods in the parallel universe coped with her.

Especially if she does things like the 'cupboards' incident on a regular basis.

Gravity really ought to be nicer to the Doctor. It should.

And on the subject of Beta'ing, I really am no good whatsoever at the nit-picking. And then I'd completely overlook something really obvious. Sorry, I better as a reviewer where I can just say: absolutely fantastic job, your standerds are...brilliant.

Tai Greywing chapter 6 . 8/10/2006
Well, I suppose it's good that the Doctor rates his chances of survival at better then 50 percent. But don't liquidify him, please? Pretty please? How would Vi get off the planet then?

Hee, going good. Write more! Sorry this is short, but I'm being bugged to get off the net. 'Til next time,

Interstella chapter 6 . 8/10/2006
i have just two words for thatgotta have more, ok that was three, but never mind, you get the drift
Cacunai chapter 6 . 8/9/2006
Your stories are clever, engaging, and a pleasure to read. I've just finished "Devourer of Souls" and what's currently available of "Sunshine People," all in one go. There's just one thing that's bothering me - throughout "Devourer of Souls," Violet was established as Jackie's daughter, wasn't she? For example, in Chapter 1, Jackie is referred to as "her mother." But in Chapter 12, Rose is implied as Violet's mother and the Doctor her father, and their relationship as parents is made quite clear in "Sunshine People" with out-and-out statements. I think the subtle clues and misdirection in "Devourer of Souls" may have served more to confuse than to intrigue. Perhaps in future stories which employ such, shall we say, misdirection, you might consider a slightly less subtle approach for the benefit of the less-observant readers...

Perhaps I can explain my meaning more clearly with an example: in Chapter 12, we discover through Doctor/Rose dialogue that Violet is definitely their child. But prior to that, I never even considered that Violet wasn't Jackie's, both because Rose never did anything beyond her capacity as a sister, and because Jackie never acted outside the role of a mother. Rather than simply neglecting to mention the relationship, which does work nicely in a second reading, after the reader knows the secret, clues could be added to /lead/ the reader to Rose.

Regardless of the degree of intrigue and the impact on the reader - or possibly just this one reader - you ought to be congratulated for your subtlety on the matter.

I adore your witty phrases and words - playing bridge with the Face of Boe, for example, and becoming one with a dollhouse. As I say, your stories are a pleasure to read. I await the next chapter with great excitement.
Tai Greywing chapter 5 . 8/9/2006
I must say this story is amazing, and you keep me constantly coming back for the next update.

Hee, the Doctor and gynastic/lock picking skills - the mental imagery was making me crack up quite badly.

So Vi's now landed with two keys (one in her digestive tract) and has to get to the surface and find the TARDIS (or whereever that wonderful spaceship's been taken).

And just what was the Doctor thinking? Does he intend to talk them out of 'processing' him? Or did he just want to buy Violet some time? Still, please write more!