Reviews for Shego vs Betty Director
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
The unenlightened masses,
they cannot make the judgement call.
Give up free will forever,
their voices won't be heard at all.

Display obedience
while never stepping out of line
and blindly swear allegiance,
let your country control your mind.

Live in ignorance
and purchase your happiness.
When blood and sweat is the real cause,
thinking ceases the truth is lost.

Don't you worry,
you'll be told exactly what to do.
I give my people the lives they need,
the righteous will succeed.

The fire of greed will burn the weak
so we'll make freedom obsolete.
Making old the fabric of society
collective consciousness controls what you see
(let your country control your soul4x)

Every Police State Ever.

Just going put that in.

Senator Armstrong won't proud Bettey. You are Reason why America is diseased to him

And Raiden May want to play with Spine and chop you to bits, I mean HE is JACK THE RIPPER betty
Mengsk chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Oh, a law and order philosophy debate! It's too late at night for this.

They're both right. In their own ways. Countries like Holland allow less "freedoms". Frequent use of wiretaping. Very useful in taking down a major British drug dealer on a crime special I happened to catch. Yet the people still get to enjoy plenty of public protests and diverse political groups. On the other hand is China which is just plain scary.

Dr Director's way of course is the proper, upstanding way of law enforcement. Which has obvious defecencies dealing with the wealthy. And can you really call it moral to let a shipfull of drugs to hit the streets because you don't want to tarnish you're own soul by breaking the law? Ultimately I do prefer her methods. It has to be said though she is not all straight and narrow. You've had her bending the law every which way on Shego's account for practical reasons.

I do like the Shego solution though. It is so important for the government or representative of (police) to act within the law. But getting 'tips' from a civilian 'confidential informer' could be helpful.
1WiththeButterfly chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Ah, here we are, the Warm, Happy oneshot that I thought Before the Dawn was going to be. It was short and simple, but still leaves me feeling pretty good about everything.

Till Next Time
Itachi's apprentice chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Great work.
Blooddraken chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
I'm gonna have to agree with noman. People read nonfiction as an escape from the issues of reality. To have people use nonfiction to shove their political beliefs home is really annoying.

Other than that, a good story. I did like the philosophical discussion between the two.
yui1808 chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
you know they sound/talk as if they're bestfriends... sorry to take me this long to read this part... i got sidetracked... hehe...
Doggmania chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Grand.

I truly do relish your o.o.c approach to the characters. Your humor is fantastic and quite witty.

The series has definitely gotten me hooked.

I liked how you made this a stand alone chapter. It really worked out well. I sort of knew how chap. 11 would play out, and it was still pleasant to watch it unfold. Going back and reading chap. 10 later was a good choice, it allowed for a back story to fill in information; while not distracting from the flow of the story.

I haven't commented after each chapter, because I've gotten to read you stories as completed works.

Good job, and keep up the fantastic work.
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Now I liked this story. Really gave me an inside look at both Betty and Shego personalities.

Wispr
noman chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
First of all, VERY good story line. Plot and dialogue all good as are pace and timing. Narrative/description a bit weak.

BUT . . .a bit heavy handed with the political polemic. You don't like GW and the Republicans? Fine, but bash with a deft hand, not a club. It's like a speed bump in the writing. It breaks the forth wall and jerks the reader out of the story.

It's not even internally consistent.

You've got statutory rape (though it's hard to tell the chronology of your story so I may be wrong)definitely rape and theft from Shego by Kim stealing genetic material . . . genetic manipulation of humans by illegal or at least morally quesionable means AND by a wanted criminal? Letting said criminal escape? I could go on, but why bother. The point is that even within the confines of your story your characters political asides sound phony, smug and self serving.

The little asides about torture, holding prisoners without charge, etc is a bit disingenuous

especially with Shego’s ongoing Judaism. Let’s not forget that Israel was founded on blood and

terror. From the Old Testament (Then they devoted to destruction by the edge of the sword all in

the city, both men and women, young and old, oxen, sheep, and donkeys. Joshua 6:21) to the

founding of the modern state if Israel ( Irgun bombing of King David Hotel ordered by

Menachem Begin, et al) Or what about the American-Israeli woman who was beaten by orthodox

Jewish men on a J’lem bus for refusing to move to the back?

BUT, let us not forget the Crusades I-IV (both Christian and Islamic terror) Unit 731 and the

Rape of Nanking, Rwanda, The Killing Fields of Cambodia, Halabja and the gassing of the

Kurds . . .

There are no permanent friends or enemies only temporary alliances. Human beings are savage

murdering animals regardless of race, creed or national origin. IMO, keep this in mind while

writing and your political/social commentary will come across as much more believable.
EpIcKiGo chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
It was great but just a favour could u send me a short paragrapgh about wot happened when Shego appeared under Kim's tree plz i really want to know wot happened *Get's down on one knee and begs* PLZ PLZ PLZ
BigJames321 chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
Shego is selfish for Shego's sake.

Kim is selfish for Kim's sake.

Kim says that she loves Shego and immorally impregnated herself with another's DNA in a successful attempt to hold onto a reluctant lover.

Shego says that she looks out only for herself to a law officer who supports the Bill of Rights.

Kim decides with her teen fantasicies and her lust. She is allowed by her so-called parents and the many law agencies she is associated with to do whatever the hell she wants.

Shego only listens to herself or her crazy lover.

Anybody see some kind of disaster from these two in the future?

Ron helps these fools when he doesn't have to. Sadly for his love for his fool of a best friend, he allows them to use him for their benefit concerning the possible parentage of the unborn babies. The children might eventually learn a better morality from him and the grandparents Possible than from their immoral parents. I hope so.

Goodbye.
Nidoking16 chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
This was enlightening, to say the least.

Once again, you have given us a very good look into your universe, and once again, it is greatly appreciated. The way these two go back and forth, you might just think they were... friends? Heh, just kidding. I want to congratulate you again on another story very well written. I enjoyed it immensely.
Alex-Papa Storytime-Markov chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
I hope you will understand when I say this chapter is reminiscent of Heinlein's juveniles. Well done.

Alex
TempestDash chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Aww. Not bad. A little bizzare considering that regardless of Canada or the US's justice system, Shego was originally introduced as a criminal wanted by Interpol for crimes in 22 countries. Unless Interpol has been supplanted by GJ the KP world, there still should be a lot of people who'd like to get their hands on her.

Apart from the above, however, it's a nice piece of Grudge Matches. I like the discussion of freedom vs. justice vs. liberty vs. security. Locke's Social Contract has always been a favorite of mine and I'm often dissapointed when it's wielded by, essentially, anarchists. You've provided a decent introduction to the arguement, however, so I'm pleased.

Oh, by the way they act, they're BOTH liberals, so Shego should be less cynical. I don't mean you should change it, all people have a hard time reconciling their views with others, I'm just commenting. :)
Charys of the shadows chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
nice chapter, i liked the debating between Shego and Betty. x