Reviews for Ordinary
swanfrost chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
Oh man. Iruka's always been one of my favorite characters, even though he doesn't get much screentime after the first arc or two. I loved the way you've woven a past that not only actually makes sense but also gives the readers (us) a feeling of excitement and awe.

I've read a couple of background fics on Iruka and I have to say, this is one of my favorite ones.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
I really like this. The idea of Iruka having such a close tie to one of the Uchiha makes me smile and want to cry at the same time... I like this idea for his background.

His lines a profiler are really interesting. I like how he managed to see thru those masks the ABBU wear... I wonder if Itachi knew that the report that ruined Iruka, the one he promised the Uchiha wouldn't get away with, reflected so negatively on him...

Well written. Good read.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This is one brilliant piece of writing. I adore the team dynamics you've invented here, and the story you've developed for Iruka. I love how you brought in Uchiha politics...how it pushed his team into the genin exams too soon because he had an Uchiha on his team, and how that ended with the death of his other teammate. Since seeing Iruka's reaction to Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma nominating their teams, I've felt under the conviction that Iruka himself had probably been pushed to take the exam early with some disastrous results.

I love this part as well: "He’d let Ayumi win because she was an Uchiha, and people were already talking about how the clan must be getting lax, with one dead on a simple mission and the other failing her exam, almost in the same month; like it was a sin for an Uchiha to be average." The relationship you've woven between him and Ayumi was brilliant.

I also love your take on profiler Iruka. It's very cool that he "saved" Kakashi by recommending he leave ANBU, despite the politics surrounding his position. And it's so ironic that he was fired for his report on Itachi.

There's so much about this story that I adore. I'm thrilled to have found it.
IReadNoNonsense chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
It was great but there were to many times where Iruka's name was said...
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Loved it. Very sad, but it was believable. Well... as much as fanfiction is, anyway.
Cha's Aegis chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
You have no idea how refreshing it is to know that you revised your story multiple times. There are so many stories that really need it and it's confusing because fanfics are basically born from love yet are subjected to this blatant neglect. Your efforts were well worth it and demonstrates what a capable writer you are. I really enjoyed this fic and hope that you continue writing.
BlackDove-alchemist chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Wow. So much ANGST! And none of it didn't work either. It all fitted, and you had just the right amount for everything...and poor Iruka. So young, and so screwed up. I loved Profiler!Iruka, and I can see him doing this in cannon. Although, I wonder if him being a teacher of nin is screwing him up more. Cause he'd teach young kids, day after day, to kill. "And this kids is how you kill a man by gutting him with a sword. And this is how you do it with a shuriken" etc.
Adelly-kins chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
This, this right here is one of the best fics I've ever read. I think what I loved most - aside from the story itself - is your style of writing. You didn't *tell* the reader cold hard facts, you *showed* us Umino Iruka and in one of the best characterizations I've ever seen in a Naruto fanfiction.

I love that you showed both his talents as well as his weaknesses. How, although he's so emotionally grounded he's, somehow...not.

This fic is so beautiful and sad and REAL.
Essyllus chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Wow. I can definitely tell that you worked hard on this, and it showed.

I'm adding this to my C2.

(PS- There's a little error-

"Kakashi was just another faceless white mask who was too skilled for his own good and falling apart at the seems."

It should be "seams".)
BloodyFrost chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
Wow!

This is a good piece on Iruka!

I love the angst and drama you displayed here.

We really need more Iruka-centric fics.
kingleby chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
whoa, this is amazing. love it! _
oldshoe chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
Absolutely f'ing awesome! It's so wonderfuly writen, and original. So beautifuly painful... Gah! XD

EXCELLENT work. Thanks for the read. (:
Karuka Ikashi chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Awesome writing. There really needs to be more Iruka-centric fics out there. I enjoyed reading this. I think my favorite part besides the one with Kakashi was the part you put in there about the scar. I like the idea. X3
kirallie chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
Loved it! I love fics where there is more to Iruka than htere seems at first glance. Feel so sorry for him losing her and his kid like that. Great story!
ANIMEANGEL77 chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Wow, it may have taken you a while, but it seemed well written to me. For your next story, you may want to give the people around the main character personalities as well instead of just names, but that's just me. Good Job, you don't see many good Iruka fics where he's straight and it's nice to see a well written one.