Reviews for Shadow Stalker
Fletty chapter 16 . 9/26/2006
Hey! Loved ur story! Besides the odd spelling error, the story/plot or whatever was fantastic! One small thing I was confused about, was that earlier you said Sam had brown eyes and the Shadow grey eyes. Then at the end, after jumping into the shadow to pull dean out, he started acting funny. His feelings I thought, were not like his own at all...and then in the last paragraph, John is talking to a cute nurse, and he feels hatred? Then smiles when Dean mentions the breeze and looks outside with GREY eyes!

Did Sam kinda absorb the monster? I don't think he could, because he fought it off so easily when he was knocked out by Joshua. But it just seems really odd how that last little part of the story was done.

But, overall, Fan-bloody-tastic story, and I'm hoping to see another great one soon!
CCWhite chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
This was so good, I can hardly wait to read the sequel. Sure got me with the end, hadn't expected it. Great job.
stealthyone chapter 16 . 9/16/2006
Poor Dean, having to fly to the hospital! But I’m glad he’s OK. Now it’s Sam I’m worried about. *bites lip*

Favorite lines:

At that moment all he could think of was Mary. How he had failed her, what he had done to her two precious boys.

Yeah, I can definitely see John having some guilt where Mary’s concerned. I’m sure she’d be very, very sad to see the kind of lives her men now lead.

Sam just smiled and turned back to the window, gray eyes staring at the slowly setting sun.

Uh oh. Gray eyes, as in the shadow thing’s gray eyes? Oh, dear!

Good job with this story. I thought the supernatural element was quite interesting, and the banter between the boys was good, and I also enjoyed the h/c stuff. Thanks for a good read. :)
stealthyone chapter 15 . 9/15/2006
Good action sequences in this chapter.

Favorite lines:

Joshua continued to scream in the shadow’s arms, his body convulsing grotesquely, skin melting away, falling from his bones like hot wax. “John, help me.” The older hunter screamed, his voice vacant and hollow, his eyes sinking down into his graying skin.

Eew! Icky! But he so deserves this.

Instantly the forest exploded with a roaring wind, the shadow shrieking once more as it vanished into the torrents of air. The wind blasted the three Winchester’s, blew through them like a tornado, rushing over them, around them, pushing them to the ground. And then as quickly as it started the winds died away, as the sun shone brightly in the clear sky, the world around them falling suddenly silent.

Great description.
stealthyone chapter 14 . 9/15/2006
Great to see Dean up and around and trying to help. I wouldn’t have expected any less of him. :) And I’m so glad he took care of Joshua.

“They left you alone?”

“I'm a big boy.”

Dean’s response is just perfect there. I can even picture the look on his face as he says it.
stealthyone chapter 13 . 9/15/2006
Glad that John found out about Joshua’s duplicity. But bad, bad Joshua for knocking Sam out. *glares at Joshua*

Favorite lines:

John jogged quickly through the dense forest, the gray fog pushing at him from all sides, a hollow wind holding him back, trying to force him to the ground.

Good description. It nicely sets the scene.

“Ask him yourself, I believe he is following Sam at the moment. Or maybe, he has already made it to Dean. You know, salt can keep me away, but a man, well, you have no protection against him.”

Oh, dear!
stealthyone chapter 12 . 9/15/2006
Interesting background you provide here for the asuras. I had not seen them used in a SPN story before.

Favorite lines:

His father was leaning against the wall, head back and eyes closed as he unconsciously brushed back Dean’s hair, whispering unheard words of encouragement.

Very sweet image here of John and Dean.
stealthyone chapter 11 . 9/15/2006
Eek, Dean’s physical condition just keeps getting worse! My poor Dean!

Favorite lines:

And suddenly Sam understood what Dean had been trying to tell him ever since the night he lost Jessica. There was really nothing he could have done, no way to have stopped it. It wasn't his fault, and his mother’s death was not his father’s fault, yet both men had blamed themselves, and only Dean seemed to see how wrong that was.

I like this, how Sam learns something about his father’s guilt, and makes some peace with his own.

“How are you feeling?”

“I think my ass fell asleep.”

“You really did a number of yourself there, kiddo.”

“Well, you know me, never half ass a job.”

*g* Some great Dean dialogue in this chapter.

“What did you do to it?” Dean weakly demanded, shooting his brother his trade mark you-touched-my-car look.

LOL! I so love Dean’s insane love for his car.

Sam then shifted around and leaned his own body against the cold wall of the cave. John draped his jacket over Dean as Sam pulled him closer to his chest, rubbing his arms, trying in vain to warm him.

Aww … covers both boys with a blankie.
stealthyone chapter 10 . 9/14/2006
Good to see Sam and John tending to Dean’s wounds. And also good to see Joshua nervous about what John will do to him.

Favorite lines:

Sam pulled him up, resting Dean’s head against his shoulder. He needed to feel him, needed the contact, needed to hold his body while there was still life in it.

Aww. *pets Sam*

“Come on, Dean. Stay with me.”

Great dialogue there: two short sentences, but you can just feel Sam’s angst in them.

“Are you hurt? What did it do to you?” Dean asked weakly, trying to examine his brother.

Yeah, Dean would definitely worry over Sam like this. No matter how seriously hurt Dean is, he’ll always fuss over his brother.

He was afraid. Afraid of the shadow, but also afraid of John. If he found out, if he ever knew what he had done to his sons, there would be no place on earth he could hide. John would find him, hunt him like an animal, and then John would kill him, take him apart bit by bit.

One can only hope. *g*

“I was going for dramatic suspense.”

“I’ll alert the media.”

*snickers* Good brotherly banter.

Happiness reminded him of Mary. She was his ray of sunshine for so long, that the darkness of life without her had swallowed up all that John was.

I really like how you wrote those lines. A huge part of John definitely died with Mary.
stealthyone chapter 9 . 9/14/2006
Yay, they found Dean! :)

Favorite lines:

The entire forest seemed to be shrouded in an unnatural fog, so dense that it blocked out most of the light. The air was heavy with an all encompassing silence and Sam couldn't help the periodic shivers that had taken over his body. It was almost as though he could feel the fog, sense it inside his mind and his body. It was speaking to him, whispering to him, the words only coming into his mind as an unintelligible haze. And with that haze he could feel the weak sensation of emotions, like a muted version of what had attacked him earlier.

I really, really like all that description. It really puts you into the scene and sets the mood.

It took them about twenty minutes to reach the stream, which was more like a small river. It was about thirty feet across, and though not too deep, it was still running fast, swollen by the late summer rains. The water itself was murky brown, and frothy.

More good description. That water sounds so icky!

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. Please just open your eyes. Please.”

Poor, angsty Sam. *hugs Sam*
stealthyone chapter 8 . 9/14/2006
Ooh, the shadow dude is quite creepy. I really enjoyed his conversation with Dean.

Favorite lines:

He swayed dangerously again, trying to decide some safe way to the ground. “Maybe I’ll rest later.” He decided, finding no easy way to lower himself.

Poor Dean! He needs some serious TLC.

He continued to smile as he imagined what types of beers and whiskeys the place would have. And what he and ‘Tina’ would be doing after hours.

*g* That’s so Dean.

He then switched tactics and instead of letting his mind decorate the bar, he decided to let it decorate ‘Tina’. And he was once again lost in his fantasies.

And so is that. :)

“So, what does one get for a black market Dean.”

LOL! Great line.

“I felt you in Nebraska, when the faith healer touched you, I felt your fear then. I felt your anger when you killed Meg, helped rip the soul from her body. I felt your loss when your brother told you he would leave again in Chicago. And I felt your anguish as your house burned all those years ago. You see, Dean, you and your brother, I have been waiting for you for twenty three years.”

Ooh, that’s just creepy. Creepy to think this guy’s been following their lives all these years.
stealthyone chapter 7 . 9/14/2006
Bad, bad Joshua. While it's nice that he feels a bit bad about luring Sam and Dean into a trap, I can't say that I'll feel in the least bit sad if he dies at some point in this story. Grr ... messing with our boys like this ... grr!
stealthyone chapter 6 . 9/14/2006
Good to see Sam and John meet up here. Now they just need to hurry up and get Dean. :)

Favorite lines:

He could feel the anger, feel the fear, the lust, the hate. He could feel them all, tearing into his body in rapid succession, burrowing deep into his soul. “Dean.” Sam all but whispered as the pain ran through him once more. “Please make it stop.”

I love how Sam calls out for Dean’s help. It nicely illustrates just how much he depends on Dean.

“Does Dean know you have people follow him all over?” Sam asked. He didn't know what emotion to feel at that point. Part of him was angry that his father had them tailed without their knowledge. Part of him was embarrassed for not realizing earlier. And another part of him felt glad, and safe. For so long he thought his father had abandoned them, but now he realized just how close he had really been, and it was comforting.

Good paragraph here, with Sam feeling all those conflicting emotions. I definitely think he’d have mixed feelings about being tailed, and I especially agree he’d find it comforting since he once thought John had nothing to do with him after he went to Stanford.

“Hey, Dad.”

“Yeah, Sam?”

“Your rescue leaves a lot to be desired.”

stealthyone chapter 5 . 9/14/2006
Wow, Dean got a wee bit broken in this chapter. My poor Dean!

Favorite lines:

And every time he tried to sleep he could hear those words carried by his father’s voice. ‘They don't need you, not like you need them.’

Yeah, I imagine these words will stick in Dean’s mind for a long, long time. I mean, how can they not? They have a ring of truth, and that has to hurt, big time.

He didn't bother planning for the future, because, in his mind, there was a very real possibility that he would not have one. Dean understood that, and he accepted that.

I definitely think that’s true. Dean’s the kind of guy who lives moment to moment. He can’t think of anything being long-term.

“Oh, god. I hate nature.”

stealthyone chapter 4 . 9/13/2006
Well, Joshua didn’t do John any favors in this chapter, taking off in the truck like he did. Bad Joshua!

Favorite lines:

Sam had changed too. He was stronger, more self reliant, and more game for a hunt. But that need for normalcy was gone from him, and that hurt his father to no end.

Yeah, for Sam to give up on normal is definitely a big deal. That’s all he wanted for quite awhile, after all.
158 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »