Reviews for The Adventures of Ace Bonehead Rimmer
ZTB chapter 14 . 7/1/2009
Dear Lyxsing: define "soon."
Lyxsing chapter 14 . 7/1/2007
Great chapter, and please update soon!
Sunrise over the Tango Factory chapter 14 . 6/27/2007
Where *have* you been? It's uncanny - you seem to disappear and on the very day my exams end, da da da! You're back with a wonderful chapter in tow!

I simply love the soup machine, she rocks! Will she ever get Rimsy? Or will that pesky skutter thwart her chances?

I don't know - presumably you know, I mean, you're the writer...

Great stuff! Grinning from ear to ear now!
cmar chapter 14 . 6/26/2007
Nice to see this being posted! You did seem to disappear for a while.

I laughed at the 'network administrator' business. Funny because it's so true. And the soup machine trying in vain to find the right program - and the right parameters - and then having it crash anyway - again, funny because it's so true. I guess computers haven't evolved a whole lot in the future - just look at Holly.

Also loved the Doctor Who reference, a great touch!
Radar-rox chapter 14 . 6/26/2007
oh rob you star, you've rescued me from an unrelenting attack from my computer, thank you!

“Answer before I lose all interest!” ahhaa. aww, poor drowned-out soup machine.

“Do you know the difference between you and a smeg head?”“What? No?”“Neither do I! See ya, smeg head!” hahaa, im so using that should i get the opportunity. which now that schools finished, seems unlikely. maybe i could just go outside and get hassled by chavs..

hahaha blamange, i havent had that for ages. i shal have to gatecrash a kids birthday party.. hopefully without getting arrested or anything.

'and the front door installed in the ceiling.' *has young ones flashback* 'we had a front door in the old house' 'yes vyvyan, but it was nailed to the ceiling in the living room!'

'formed a “We love soup machines!” group with Reg the Bacteria on backing vocals.' hahaha, will there be an album? i hope so..

ah, solitaire is a great way to kill a couple of centuries indeed. or procrasintate in virtualy any circumstance.

haha this bit with the computer programme and the emoticons is like liquid genius.

'“It was there,” said Holly sulkily. “Along with some weird bloke with a scarf being chased by a giant pepper pot.”' hhahaa, nice one!

*gasp* no, not soup! dum-dum-dum!

great chapter dude, more funny things than i could shake a stick at (or include in a review that didnt turn out to be ridiculously long even for me). looking forward to an update! x
Sunrise over the Tango Factory chapter 13 . 5/6/2007
I heeded your warning and I still ended up married! What the hell happened!

I'm really starting to like that Soup Machine - she's quite lovely in a scary, obsessive, stalker-like way - and perhaps that’s why I can connect with her!

Great chapter! Yay!
Lyxsing chapter 13 . 5/4/2007
Great chapter! I liked the reference to Blackadder and Baldrick's "cunning plans."

PLEASE update soon!
cmar chapter 13 . 5/4/2007
Having spent a few eternities waiting for web pages to load in the bad old days of dialup, I can sympathize with the poor soup machine. Her obsession must have only gotten worse - and after all that waiting, and all that work to get Holly to bring him back, that ungrateful git Rimsy doesn't even fall at her feet (or whatever) in devotion! Unspeakable!

Another great chapter in the soup machine saga!
Radar-rox chapter 13 . 5/4/2007
the longest time i've had to wait for something... when i was waiting for my modwolves patch to arrive it felt like ages (partly because it was delayed and partly because when you want things they take a lot longer to arrive) so that, doubled, doubled, trebled and times a million is.. a lot. wow. who'd have thought it eh? poor crazy lovelorn soup machine. yay a blackadder reference!

'Like ordering mail order cardigans and thinking that painting the bathroom green is a really neat idea.' hahahah! my bathrooms green actually. but a nice one, not a dodgy 70s olive style one.

'Honesty is a very nasty trick to play on people who aren’t expecting it. ' haha thats actually really true. reminds me of 'me, im dishonest. and a dishonest person you can always trust to be dishonest. honestly.' man, i cant wait for the next pirates movie.. anyway, back to the fic

“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s gherkin?” haha. im sure that was probably old Will's first draft.

'in the great party of life they are the ones being sick in the toilet.' haha thats awesome. i once put in a fic 'like the great hatbox of life, which contains but one lowly mitten'

wow you said 'twee'! that word amuses me.

electric eh? a cliffhanger ending, you juicy dangler! great chapter, well done, cant wait for the next one!
Sunrise over the Tango Factory chapter 12 . 4/6/2007
Oh dear!

Knowing Rimmer, he'll say the action of kicking in the drive plate was entirely someone elses fault!

I'm starting to like that lovestruck soup machine! Bless her wee besotted heart (figuratively speaking). I love the way how your stories interwine (what a lovely word...sorry) with actual events and lines from the series! Fantastic!

You keep updating, I'll keep reading and singing your praises - it's as easy as that! :D
Gray Aibou chapter 12 . 4/4/2007
o

Great Chappie!
cmar chapter 12 . 4/4/2007
Still laughing at that exam, and at Rimmer not finding questions about soup at all extraordinary in an astronavigation exam. And a very nice way to flawlessly blend your storyline in with canon, by having the love-struck soup machine responsible for the drive plate of doom!
Lyxsing chapter 12 . 4/2/2007
Good chapter! I like how you come up with your own explanation (i.e. the soup machine) that still fits with the original story!

Update soon!
Radar-rox chapter 12 . 4/2/2007
'on a twelve-hour flight to Singapore or something and cannot escape (not the held hostage thing, the life story thing).' *has a sudden flash of old lady hanging herself in Airplane!*

'How mankind got out of the trees first of all I have no idea, unless we fell out whilst blind drunk and couldn’t remember where our tree was.' hahhaha!

well done for 'procreate', huzzahs all round! huzzah! huzzah! huzzah! ive never really done that with fics, trying to include certain words that is, but i have done it in real life, one day in school i tried to slip '(vanished...)like an old oak table' into the conversation as many times as i could. i think i ended up with eight.

sherry, hehe, the pansy..

on the subject of fashion, something i found on and liked - 'fashion is just a contest between people to see who can look the most like a retarded clown'

cool explanation of how and why rimmer accidently killed everyone! great chapter rob, well done! x

hehe, crazy soup machine and its wacky exploits. satin silk or arnold rimmer, hahah!
cmar chapter 11 . 3/22/2007
Poor chicken soup machine. It has such bad taste in men; I fear it's doomed to a disappointing love life.

Great stuff as always, I loved the 'mobile mail' part, and all the Rimmer-Lister dialog, just as funny as the show.

"It's Slinky, it's Slinky, for fun it's a wonderful toy. It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun for a girl and a boy."
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »