Reviews for Captivation
wanime313 chapter 28 . 3/10
Like the plot, especially the way you potray draco as someone who has a cold front but deep down is really caring. Although i got confused with the timeline.
kuropi-chan chapter 28 . 10/15/2013
I LOVE THIS STORY!

I was almost tempted to send a flame when I got too Chapter 27 as my heart was just breaking by that point and I had tears in my eyes. The thought of: "Why now?" kept running through my brain like mad.

And then I got to Chapter 28 and I was just so happy I couldn't stop grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

I'm amazed at the creativity it took for you to make up a whole new place for Harry and Draco to leave their rivalry and immaturity behind. I think it was a good way too put things into perspective like, say, growing up and facing the fact that maybe you have to leave things in the past in order to be able to move forward.

You're characterisation is just thrilling, particularly your take on Post-war Narcissa. Usually I read fics wherein she plays the doting mother and says nothing against Draco but I think this is a refreshing take on her character. Ron was hilarious (as always) and Ginny, well, she was really desperate and clingy and you made her into such a character that's hard to love that I really was annoyed with her.

And your portrayal of the relationship build up between Harry and Draco is just equal parts touching, adorable and downright thought-provoking. You should be very proud of yourself for this feat as most authors rarely take the time to flesh out the characters before allowing them to tumble into bed with each other. I'm happy you waited until Chapter 12 (if I'm not mistaken) to get the moving along that direction.

As I said, I LOVE THIS FIC and can't wait to read the two-part sequel! Please do continue writing as you do have amazing talent! :)
Kagato chapter 4 . 10/4/2013
Still interesting, but your repeated use of the word "erection" is far too clinical for the context. The development if the characters is working well, but I must stress a less formal style of dialogue for everyone but Malfoy. Once again, good work.
Kagato chapter 2 . 10/4/2013
An interesting premise, it deviates from the comfortable and the canonical but not terribly upsettingly. I do have problems with many of your word choices and dialogue characterizations, but that's more professional qualms than anything. I do, however, recommend revisiting the unnatural speech that pervades the work. Especially Arthur Weasley. Harry is somewhat decent, but he is less formal and articulate canonically. That being said, you've done well in regards to personal continuity. I'll continue reading and supply my feedback should I note any improvements. I hope these bits help you somehow.
YouThoughtSheWouldSaveYou chapter 11 . 8/19/2013
Although I find the story very interesting and fun I have noticed that parts are missing and I would appreciate it if you could add the parts. And example of a part that is missing is Draco and Harry's presentation for their technique class.
Inner Self chapter 4 . 7/30/2013
Ooh, I'm one of the early readers-I'm mentioned in the author's note.
I'm re-reading! I don't remember Harry thinking about an equally embarassing encounter with Malfoy back at Hogwarts. Hmm, I wonder if you are stealthily editing your story. I love this story so much. It's such a wonderful tease!
Drarry4eva chapter 11 . 7/22/2013
I tend to go through other authors story reviews, just to see what they thought of their stories, it's become a habit but I have to say, that 'kimmyhubb', is totally wrong. I have read this so many times, there may be some parts that I skip because I truly prefer to read drarry over any other ship in Harry Potter but I could never dislike your stories. They are really well written and I loved how you developed the characters, even if Draco is so bloody stubborn in this, I still really enjoyed reading it. I don't think that girl was being entirely fair since she reviewed at chapter 15 and that was it. There are always reviewers who expect authors to write exactly with what happened in the books, that is totally original and completely boring, I am tired of reading stories where Harry and Ginny actually get married and have their 3 children, it's just too original and mainstream. I prefer the Harry that realizes that he likes men rather than women. Why can't people just accept that? Anyways, what I am trying to say is that, I really do enjoy reading this. And I'll probably read it some more later.
Mrs.Taiwolf Thana Bielefield chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Question, if harry stopped voldemort from making horcruxes then why didnt he die when harry rebounded the curse when he was one? Or should i ignore this for story purposes?
DeiStarr chapter 28 . 6/1/2013
Wow... this was amazing. The way their relationship progressed was largely believable, the secondary characters (especially your OC's) were very well-developed, the plot interesting, and the smut hot.

I loved it!
Guest chapter 28 . 4/8/2013
Wow you sure made a whole lot of sex scenes in this story. EPIC!
ProvenTitaniumObsidian chapter 3 . 3/31/2013
Really enjoying it, I think it more realistic than a lot of the others I've read.
Couldn't help but laugh at that last line.
"...making things harder..."
If only he knew...
:-)
inactive132 chapter 16 . 3/7/2013
I love this story so much. I love the whole series actually. I just love it, though I do skip the first couple of chapters when Harry is with that Blake, who I didn't really care about that much, but I still enjoyed this.
Nikokami chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
I did thoroughly enjoy your fanfic Captivation and it's sequels. There is a certain charm to them despite the fact that occasionally I feel as if I'm reading a Harry Potter version of a korean drama (not that there's anything wrong with korean dramas... _)

However, I feel as if your writing could stand to be further refined. For instance, your writing style often feels as if it is jumping between 1st person and 3rd person narration and this is due to the way you would phrase things (I know, I'm being a grammar nazi).

Also, another point that I can't help but feel lowers the plausibility and intervenes with character-audience sympathy somewhat is the fact that you explain every aspect of the character (mostly Harry) is feeling, sometimes in his dialogue. People don't just randomly spout out a perfectly analyzed reason of what every bit of their relationship gone wrong makes them feel and I believe that leaving some of what the characters are feeling open to more interpretation for your readers are a more effective way to drawing them in. Everybody is different after all and sometimes, writing (and explaining) less means more for the readers as they can easily imagine and insert their own feelings in the situation.

These were only a few pointers and critiques of what I feel could improve your writing, not an attack or a flame. I greatly enjoyed your work and I particularly loved the feeling of heartbreak in Captivation: Lux Hall W that gave me some nice jitters Hope to see more of your work
MasterOfAngels chapter 8 . 1/25/2013
ANd THAT'S what I'm talking about! YEAH, BLAKE! I love him sooo much. Soooooooo amazing, I love it sooooo much! I can't even find the perfect words and so I'm talking such nonsense :D Gosh, this is sooo good and you wrote this like 7 years ago. I don't know how amazing your stories are by now :DDD
MasterOfAngels chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
*grins-and-squeals-like-a-crazy-fangirl-she-is* Well, *bounces* love this sooooooooooooooo bad! Knew that Draco would see, clichée, but nevertheless one of the best moments. Gosh, I start to hyperventilate! :D Blake is one of my favorites, too, hope he will come into the story again more... present *winks-not-so-subtly :DDDDD
I want to comment on soooo many more occasions in this story, but I can't think of how I can possibly fit all of them in here :D
Masters 3