Reviews for How Far to Trust
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Loved it. Insightful and interesting.
Anna Jaganshi chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Poor Yusuke. Kurama's just not making this easy on him at all.

Y'know, I had never thought of the team's relationship that way, but now that it's written out it makes perfect sense. Yusuke, as you wrote, can understand Hiei because he knows how he works, but Kurama is all kinds of confusion for him. He's a whole other thing to deal with.

And Botan realizing it all is fun, because she can't exactly get in the middle of it... I like that you chose her to be the third party to the boys' muddle. Ha-ha.

Boys will be boys...
Cookie Heist chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I like how you look at the different types of trust between teammates here, and I think your observations are definitely true for Yusuke and Kurama throughout the whole series. Sure, they can trust each other with their lives, but can they trust the other to do things in a way they understand or accept? No, their thinking styles are way too different. Interesting! I've never thought about this before, and I like it when fics make me think!
StillThereForMe chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
As a YusukexKurama fan, I had a completely different idea going into this fic as to what it would entail. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised by this different take on it.

Whether a Yusuke/Kurama fan or not, both of the boys actions during the Team Masho fight are incredibly interesting, and I think not explored enough in fandom. However, I have to admit I never considered this very fair and believable possibility.

The two of them do have very different styles when it comes to fighting, that really do not go that well together. And the fact that they would have more problems over that because neither are big talkers is also an issue that they would thus understandably have.

This being Botan's point of view is also a nice twist. And despite the seriousness of the rest of the fic, her reaction at the ending is a bit funny and is a perfect lead in for closing of the story.

Again, well done! :)
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Gah, I never know how to complement introspective pieces. Excellent job seems so...hollow...but it is true...
Lunadia chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
hmm. I like this, very well thought out and slightly philosophical. Nice.

Luna
KrimsonKitsu chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Wow! I loved you're reasoning, and it puts a whole new spin on their friendship... that was amazing

I hope you do a follow-up
Withdrawn chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
I both like this and have several integral problems with it. One the one hand, it's incredibly well written, intelligent, perfectly charts the characters' reactions (and motivations) in that situation, and is a beyond excellent interpretation of Botan's thoughts. However, I don't think Kurama would have that much trouble understanding what Yuusuke was thinking, and I also don't know if Yuusuke would actually think like that, or even necessarily be able to. He just doesn't seem to be the type to know how far his teammates would react, I think of him simply trusting his friends, and considering any analysis of how much he can trust said friends almost an insult to that (sacred) trust.
borderline-mary chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Holy gods, another one. This fic is gold - perfect insight into their relationship.

There is officially a list now, of all your fics that count as canon. This is *so* one of them.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
That was great! I loved how you wrote Kurama and Yusuke's friendship. Your perspective on Kurama was written very well. I love how Yusuke can't "trust" Kurama and how much Kurama means to him. Great job.
Arthuria chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
I really liked this. I really like Yusuke and Kuramas relation to each other, that way of caring for each other I sometiems get the impression of them being "an older and younger brother" where (ironicly) Kurama is the younger one, (even if he's the smarter) Yusuke constantly looks out for him, and worries over that everything is fine with his head. (hope that didn't sound wrong) he doesn't know how far he will go. Well basiclly all that you wrote about, a nice portrait of them I really like it.
Hidari chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
I get what Yusuke meant about not trusting Kurama. I like your observations of the two's relationship and it's great you were able to write an excellent fic about it. Everyone is in character too so great job! _
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
That was really good! Nice observations. It tallies with a lot of things I'd thought myself about Kurama, but in itself is a new idea. Great progression, and they're pretty thoroughly in character.
purplehairedwonder chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
You know, I've never looked at Kurama and Yusuke's relationship like that. That was a neat little introspection into their minds and actions. Not to mention it was actually coherent, which is amazing in itself. Nice.
Kurama's death angel chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
another great story delivered to us from blossem wich ! i loved it