Reviews for Q is for Quarry
Sabrina chapter 38 . 10/9/2007
Wow. And more wow. That's pretty much all I can about this practically perfect story. Tightly plotted, emotionally realistic and all characters are true to canon while letting us see beyond the limits of what can fit into a 42 minute procedural. This really is about the best fanfic I've ever come cross and I do mean that.
DreamBrother chapter 38 . 9/19/2007
Sorry for taking ages to get to this; you know how it is.

And so, it ends. But in a way, it's good. You are now unhindered when it comes to deluge of oneshots and other stories, yeah? ;)

I speak Urdu,can I be translator the Eppes boys? Well, maybe not that much Urdu but I think I can take on directions. I really need to work on my language skills..

Ah, drunk Eppes men. Makes you really appreciate it when they're sober and coherent but it was good seeing this :) Both are fixated on something. Don, with the gun box, and Charlie with his dad's meeting.

Lovely chapter on top of an amazing story. Nicely done, and in the long run, who cares if it took a year?

Hope we see something new from you soon :)
celica18l chapter 38 . 9/16/2007
This story is very realistic. I enjoy long stories this was such a pleasant surprise especially since most stories are romance involved and this one lacks that altogether. However, it's not a bad thing. I did find it dragging through the recovery process while he spent the time in the hospital. A lot of that seemed kind of pointless granted I enjoyed every. single. word.

You wrote the characters true to who they are in the show I could hear them speaking and see their facial expressions and with this show it is difficult in most fan fictions which that my dear writer my hat goes off to you and your brilliant-ness.

The flash backs in the last few chapters were so heart felt I really really enjoyed them probably some of my favorite moments among the drunkenness lol which was hilarious.

I can't wait to read more of your stuff keep up the fantabulous work.
Kiki Cabou chapter 38 . 9/6/2007
Yay! *dances around like an idiot* You finished! Congratulations. Wow, what a monster of a tale. I got a kick out of Don's trip down memory lane (aw) and really enjoyed the epilogue (both parts). The Eppes boys getting drunk and passing out in Charlie's living room was delightfully inelegant and quite a fitting coda. And everybody, including Alan (whoo hoo) stayed in character (snorted at Charlie drunkenly complaining about not being allowed to play with Don's stuff). It was funny, sweet, real, highly anticipated, and it didn't dissapoint. Kudos on an amazing job and I look forward to your next one. :D
shaolingrrl chapter 38 . 9/4/2007
I would also like to thank you for enumerating all the times Charlie "I can keep a secret" Eppes tattled on Don.

Okay, so hurry up and write another one.
PoetTraveler chapter 38 . 9/2/2007
This was such a fun ending. I love drunk Don and Charlie! But for me the best part was Don pointing out to Charlie how often he does divulge info on him. Don "does" Alan so very well. I'm sad to see this story over, but you ended it well.

Thank you for posting!
Zaidie chapter 38 . 9/2/2007
Wow, all I can say is great story. I loved the ending. I always have such trouble with endings, but your's was just perfect. And you sure know how to pull a reader in. Your also so good at staying true to the characters. I love that in a story, I mean I don't mind a little out of character stuff, guilty of it myself. But I just love to find such a well written, and interesting story, that is also so true to the characters. Thank you for sharing this lovely piece of work.
minifish chapter 38 . 9/2/2007
What an amazing story. Glad I read it all at once would have driven me nuts waiting for chapters. You seemed to have every character written perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
Patty chapter 38 . 8/31/2007
Celedon, you are such a sweetheart! This story has been wonderful from start to finish.

I'm tempted to say you out-do yourself with each story but let's just say you never let me

down. I've been a fan of yours from the first Celedon story I ever read.

I still say you capture the Eppes' boys dialogue better than any other writer. Although

I've never seen Don and Charlie three sheets to the wind, this is exactly how I see them

talking and acting when they're just more than a little bit inebriated. And I love the fact that even though they're both adults, they still feel accountable to their father. For som

reason, I really love that about them. Being good Jewish boys, they have an inate respect

for the patriarch of the family.

You mentioned a possible Colby one-shot. I'll look forward to it but please don't forego

doing another long one. Please . . . pretty please. But again, thanks for this one. It's

been a treasure.
Synbou chapter 38 . 8/31/2007
C, that was a great ending! It was original and funny.

"Maybe it wasn't all about him and Margaret getting it right after all. Maybe it was about them giving the boys the tools to make it right themselves." I liked this passage very much.

I enjoyed this story a great deal, as you know. Thank you very much for everything you put into it.

Best,

Isa
Stellarsiren chapter 38 . 8/31/2007
Wow! Awesome story. Finally got around to reading it and did it in one sitting. You did very well with the characters. Loved the 2-part epilogue, especially Charlie's repeating "How was the meeting?" Great job:)
simanis chapter 38 . 8/31/2007
Whew Cel!,

This is really one long enjoyable ride. Great! Ending's good, I felt so drunk with the boys! he he... Very nice and see you again with the Coop story.

Arigato,

Hsieh hsieh,

Terima Kasih (that's my lingo for thanks!)
jlm110108 chapter 38 . 8/30/2007
What a sweet ending! I don't even want to think about the hangovers the boys are going to have.

Jo
Shrimp chapter 38 . 8/30/2007
Loved the story as a whole, didn't like the drunk ending. Seriously, what the heck attraction is there in getting drunk? A beer to facilitate relaxation I get, but drunkenness . . . Anyway, that's probably a lame thing for me to say, but it kind of ruined the flavour of the ending for me.

The story itself was quite wonderful, as you have a good grip on the characters, especially the lesser-shown ones (Megan, David, etc.)

Glad you managed to finish thy monster!
Zubeneschamali chapter 38 . 8/30/2007
This was a fantastic ending to one of the best NUMB3RS fics out there. So heartwarming, especially the final bit with Alan; so humorous ("Chuckles"...hee!); and with enough references to the darkness they had to walk through to get to this point to remind us of what they've overcome and how much they deserve such a happy ending. Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put into this story; we really do appreciate it. Bravo! :)
391 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »