Reviews for Happy Birthday, Sammy
Talon chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
First of all, I wanted to say just how much I adore this story. It's chock full of emotion-from apathy tinged with anger, to disappointment, heartwarming moments, the gratitude, and the hints of humor. It's absolutely wonderful, and a few scenes were almost heartbreaking, and for that, I loved them all the more. My favorite is definitely when Dean tells Sam that he wants to hear him sound like a chipmunk. That's funny and cute at the same time, and just wrapped up the whole thing perfectly, in my opinion.

Second, your writing has a beautiful flow to it that moves the tale along at just the right pace. The characterization is spot-on, the interaction between the two brothers (and your John, too!) feels natural. It's logical, too, no missteps from scenes that you may have envisioned but forgot to add in that leaves the reader confused.

Last, though, I applaud your overall writing skill and I truly hope that you continue to write more SPN fanfics. And as always, thank you so very much for putting in the time and effort to write the story!
Kady-SN chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I haven't read all of your stories - yet - but this one is my favorite so far. I'm a Sam Girl, but this one makes me love Dean. Thanks.
lucym chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Very cute!

"Chipmunk". LOL.
CyberSupernatural chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Aw. Birthday fic! So sweet.
anon chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
"Chipmunk."

Awesome, I laughed so hard. Thanks for submitting, awesome fic :)
Freefall chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
So adorable! Great job!
Sepik chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Aw! Now THOSE were awesome brother moments. Great fic. :D
Jennygeee chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
Aw! that was so sweet! Bless Dean for always thinking of Sammy on his birthday - He is so lucky to have such an "awesome" brother as Dean.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
You near tugged and snapped my heartstrings with this beautifull reflective story on what a birthday has meant to Sam, thru his childhood to his present day. Not all pleasant memories, some wrapped up in a persistent memory of disappointment that his dad was forever absent, to finally realise the one good thing that had been a constant each year - Dean. Loved it (Made me feel soppy inside, esp the delicious ending, and I'm as hard baked as a clam at times!) Roz.
ItsaMiracle chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
I loved it!
SuperNCIS05 chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
That was an awsome story. Great Job!
adder574 chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Great story. Have you considered writting how Sam handled Dean's bithday.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Sweet. Good work :)

He played the best pool of his life that night to earn enough money for the book and snuck back to the store to get it before they left town.

~

“You’re asking for a chick flick moment?” Sam grinned.

“Hey, it’s your birthday.”
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
I liked your story.

So many of the birthday stories are depressing, but I could see this happening. John being there in the beginning and than disappearing later, leaving Dean to make the day special for his little brother.

I'm glad that Sam figured out that Dean was and is the most awesome big brother.

Thanks for sharing your story with us to read.
sams1ra chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Hey, I wouldn’t mind hearing them both talking like a chipmunk! Any chance they'd put it on the show? lol