Reviews for Noctes et Dies
too-much-inspiration chapter 6 . 8/4/2014
I'm not sure this was so much a Malcolm goes insane story as a Malcolm temporarily left and was replaced by River from Firefly. Certainly, he spoke in a fashion very similar to her, except perhaps with more 'bloody' curses and less 'hands of blue.' Also reminded me of the times Jack O'Neil ended up with the knowledge of the Ancients in Stargate. Probably lucky that the Ancients weren't savagely slaughtered by hostile aliens like this species was then. Thank you for writing and posting this!
Romanse chapter 6 . 11/17/2006
"To cry is to feel, to feel is to stop the darkness, to stop the darkness is to survive, and to survive is all anyone can do.

For pity's sake, have mercy on your readers and beg, borrow or steal a sequel story from your muses! This story is Way too good, too original, so not done to leave it this way. There is absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind there is a sequel story that brings peace and mental healing to Malcolm.
Romanse chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
O.. this is off to an EXCITING start! I love it and I can't wait to read this entire story!
Silver Cross of the Huntress chapter 6 . 8/27/2006
really liked this- Firefly/Serenity is one of my favourite shows/movies, Your lines were so similar to River's, I was really impressed. Your conclusion was excellent as well, I'd love to see more Enterprise work from you
Alexkvarn chapter 6 . 8/22/2006
great ending... I cryed so much...
JadziaKathryn chapter 6 . 8/21/2006
In a dark way, this is a good end. There is the unwritten implication that, while everything will not magically be alright again, Malcolm will recover. (Like Trip did.)
Joy chapter 6 . 8/20/2006
I think this last chapter was my favorite. I loved the Firefly/River influence, but with ch.6 you really made the story your own. I was so impressed with the parallels you made between Trip's situation after his sister's death and the situation Mal is in. Thanks for posting this story!
WofOZ chapter 6 . 8/20/2006
Your story was really touching... I really liked it! It made me cry but at the same time made me feel warm and fuzzy! Write more please!
Begoogled chapter 6 . 8/19/2006
Phew! Lots of angst! I do feel real sorry for Malcolm. And you kind of leave me wondering if he'll be OK. Maybe in another story? With a happy ending, please! Thank you for writing :)
Joy chapter 5 . 8/18/2006
The Reefars? *laughs* I love the twist at the ending and I'm so glad that you're going on with the story! Plus, I'm glad to see that someone started to understand Malcolm- I always suspected he wasn't really crazy. Looking forwards to where the story goes from here.
thundever1 chapter 5 . 8/17/2006
great story, please let Mal be okay
HoVis chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
Dragging out the suspense even longer! Well - great job, anyway. Can't wait to read the rest.

Begoogled chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
So, if I'm not mistaken, the massive amount of information given to Malcolm changed him. How is he going to cope with his actions while under that influence? Angsty! I hope his friends can help.
JadziaKathryn chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
Very interesting. I'm glad to see that you're dealing with the aftermath of the incident, but I do have a question: what does the title mean?

(Nitpicky detail: in this time period the Ferengi are an unknown race to our heroes - it's not till the TNG time period that the Ferengi are identified.)

Anyway, I like the friendship and am looking forward to more.
Joy chapter 4 . 8/13/2006
Wow, this story keeps getting better and better (though obviously not for the characters!). That last scene in Engineering where Malcolm killed the intruders was really intense! Malcolm's 'ramblings' don't always seem to be so random- I'm guessing that most of his nonsensical speech actually makes sense if one knows how to understand it. Man this story is intriguing! I'm eagerly looking forwards to finding out what happens next!