Reviews for Golden Mistake
Diglossia chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Deep. I really liked this. It offers a new perspective on the inadequacy of leadership in the young.
SunnyGoesNorth chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
This is the saddist story I have read on fanfic, very skillfuly done, I wish you could write another chapter about her recovering and taking control of her life, but then again some goldriders were inept, and i must say that its nice hearing from them.
clara200 chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
She sounds like a mary-sue at first but it's nice to see she's human.
Rimmersworld chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
how very very sad. but lifes like that for some of us. Everything on the slippery slope. But I do hope your Golden Girl will grow and develope into an amazing character. Perhaps she needs to fall in love with a weyrleader to encourage her to summon more internal strength. She has it in her, we all do. I hope she finds the key to her destiny. good story. will wait for more.
StrawberrySugarcane chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
I liked it very much. Deep, I wanted to see what hardship one can go through impressing a gold.
SparklingSlayer chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
I liked this. Well written, poignant; only a couple of slight errors that stood out a little to me. On the whole, it's well balanced, punctuated and the writing flows really well. I also like the way your rider is realising that it's not enough to just be popular and that people expect other things, especially from a pair who might one day lead the weyr. It's an interesting take on a queen rider, especially the low egg count and being caught by a brown; I'd like to see where you went if you carried on with this. What would happen to the Golden pair if the current trend carried on?

Well done - good job!
TheDreamerLady chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Wow... nice!

That was really good... depressing, but really good! Could there be more to this story? It seems sad to leave her the way she is- depressed, sad, and upset. Perhaps you could be convinced to continue... to help her?

I like it, it's fun!

update soon!

amanda and Lanco(the duck)
cathrl chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Oh, I love it!

A perfect demonstration of why the qualities of your average Mary Sue aren't even close to being what a queenrider needs. Poor girl, though - actually realising what a huge problem she has. Caught by a brown and fourteen eggs. Ouch.

Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing.
ShadowHunter Mashell chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
I feel sorry for her. Poor girl had so many expectations laid on her shoulders and when she falls short they all seem to wonder why. Worst of all she believes she's a mistake. A Dragon is never wronge and nobody can be perfect. Some one always has to be the worst weather they are majorally bad at something or just out shown by others. But as for the story it was wonderfully written and a new out look on riders. Toodles -Mashell