Reviews for The Cold Road to Glory
Freelancer Mississippi chapter 7 . 12/8/2012
This was excellent, indeed!
Halt's apprentice chapter 6 . 7/7/2009
you really have to update because this is almost over and I really want to know what happens
Sub Zero's best ninja chapter 6 . 6/10/2009
hi i have rome total war and barbarian invasion and i probably like the first one better and i was wondering which one you liked better anyways may i just say the best rome total war story i've ever read the battles are so like rome total war i mean for i a second i thought i was reading a battle from the game so good job i hope you write more
Plague117 chapter 6 . 3/17/2007
look dude there is no such thing as a first legion ok? a LEGION is 10th cohorts cavalry auxilliaries forming 10,0 men ok? then there's the cohorts which are 800 apiece then theres the centuries which are a 80 apiece. obviously you've mistake centuria for cohort and cohort for legion. it works like this 10 centurias led by Centurions in a cohort! and 10 COHORTS in a Legion! ok? officers are generals or Tribunes or Legates or Prefects, not just officer! also you're trying to make the people alive dont use units, Soldiers or men! not the 100 units were freezing as they fought on but the 100 men or 100 soldiers! ok? a unit is a group of people! you could say the two whole units froze to death! ok? i dont want to annoy you, i want you to understand so that youre wonderful story can be even better!
Plague117 chapter 2 . 3/17/2007
very nice, but one detail. FIRST cohort means the FIRST COHORT. then its 2nd cohort, 3rd cohort, 4th cohort, 5th cohort, 6th cohort, 7th cohort, 8th cohort, 9th cohort and 10th cohort. and not 4th first cohort! an inaccuracy which has always irritated me with the game. next time do a little bit of research neh ;) not only will the names be better, but the battles as well, understand roman tactics and depict them better.
elven-cat2 chapter 6 . 11/14/2006
I just wanted to say incredible job depicting the Legionaries as "people". I played the game, through the "gaul" campaign, but never got advanced enough to gain "Legionaries". The best part of the game was the "generals speech" before a battle, especially when he was outnumbered! I gave the game back to my friend I borrowed it from because I found the whole "city building" side of the game too tedious. But reading this story is making me want to try it again...This is such an incredible picture you paint in your readers mind. Excellent job. But I was amazed your "captain" was able to do so well against enemy "generals". In my games I always tried to use generals for my campaigns and captains only in defense or in pure desperation...Still this story really caught my attention.
HaloFan 1224 chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
Dude this is an amazing story and you should continue it if you have the time, the scene where Decius was killed was so intense that I could imagin I was there. You are a beast at imagery and I think you really should make a spin-off of this story with a different character perhaps. If I haven't said it already, you are an amazing writer. Good work!