Reviews for Dutybound
Ice Seraphim chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
This is a good little one-shot you have here. Your story's focus on the emotions of the characters rather than the actions was greatly effective. Sometimes, stories centred on the character's feelings can be a little over-emtional and angsty, but you've effectively managed to create an atmosphere with the conficting thoughts of a character while keeping them within their usual personality traits. Great work on your part _

Orha's character you've got dead on, especially with his resentment towards Calintz. I too pictured him having a fair bit of anger towards the captian of the Tears of Blood. Serina was pretty good too, though she seemed a bit happier than I remember her from the game. Then again, a year has passed, so her personality has probably changed a bit too _ Either way, the story's still great.

There were a few spelling and grammar errors, but nothing to get worried about. A wee bit of editing will polish them up in no time and make your story flawless.

I agree with your thoughts at the end pairing. It WAS a total copout, especially since they practically cram the Calintz and Serina interations down your throat within the last two hours of the game. Ohra/Serina seems a lot more likely.

Lol, thought I was the only one too that liked the english opening to the game ; good to know there's someone else that enjoyed it.

All in all, this was really well done. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

-Ice Seraphim
Gone and not returning chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Pretty good. You write well. I saw few mistakes in here but other than that this is really interesting. Orha and Serina seemed to be in character.

Ah so you too don't really like how the Calintz x Reith relationship was built up only to have her killed off and then force Calintz with her twin sister to have a 'happy' ending. I personally don't like the ending... but it is what it is. I try to imagine the makers of FF doing that to the Squall and Rinoa couple (chuckles) a lot of fans would be angry if that were to happen.

It's funny though... in the game ending, Calintz hooks up with Serina but in the Drama CD XD that didn't even happen. I guess that is why a lot of MC fans like the Drama CD ending.

Orha x Serina? I guess that could work most would say Orha x Roxy would be the better couple but I personally don't care either way.

The english opening to MC isn't THAT bad... a lot of gamers are just really #$&% is all. I heard the korean, japanese, and english opening theme to MC and I would have to say "Fly Again" the Japanese version is the best but that's my opinion.

If there is going to be more chapters to this, I hope you update soon _ cause your doing great so far.

Will the pairing just be Orha x Serina or will there be others?