Reviews for Dutybound
Spiritual-Sister chapter 1 . 3/4
For those who do not already know, we're living in the last days; the times Jesus Christ warned about.

All the issues going on is on a worldwide scale and its one of many proofs that these are the end times.

If you know deep down in your heart this is true & you feel something is not right in the world... I highly encourage you to seek our father in heaven while he may be found and to come out of this world while there is still time. Like 1 John 2:17 indicates in the written word aka the bible:

"The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."

Many people are too caught up and is focused on the wrong things in life thanks to all the distractions going on when they need to realize destruction & judgment is not too far away. Fleeing to other countries or protesting on the streets is not going to make things better or save you; it's the love of Christ and your faith.

As long as your seeking Jesus Christ, you're gonna be okay. But if you're loving this life or is just so attached to this world... you're going to lose it. That is why I encourage you all to draw close to the father in heaven. You draw close to him and he will draw close to you. Do what you can to repent (turn away or stop doing it) of your sins. We all say & do things and stumble since we're imperfect creatures but if you sincerely go to the father in prayer and ask for forgiveness, he will forgive you; you just gotta mean what you say and repent.

Nobody comes to the father but through the son. You deny the son and you deny the father. But if you accept the son then you have the father. It's by Jesus' blood we're redeemed back to the father in heaven so you want to seek him in all your ways.

The father in heaven knows the hearts & minds of all of us so he knows who you are deep down and what you've been through. He cares about you. When you open up your heart and allow the father & son in your life, they're gonna take you where you need to go but you gotta be willing to seek them for yourself. Nobody can build your relationship with Jesus Christ. It's up to you to read the bible for yourself & seek the truth; reading the word of god feeds the spirit, gives you knowledge and helps clears up the lies & deceptions of the world.

Time is so very, very short since things are just escalating day-to-day. Don't allow the spirit of fear to overcome you. Just draw close to the father in prayer, let go of this dying world, repent and follow Jesus. Following Jesus Christ keeps one out of sin but it also separates you from this world and that's the direction you want to go; toward the son of the most high, our savior and redeemer.

Take care and remember it's the love of Christ and your faith. Don't allow anyone or anything to hinder you. Forgive and let go since we all fall short.
Ice Seraphim chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
This is a good little one-shot you have here. Your story's focus on the emotions of the characters rather than the actions was greatly effective. Sometimes, stories centred on the character's feelings can be a little over-emtional and angsty, but you've effectively managed to create an atmosphere with the conficting thoughts of a character while keeping them within their usual personality traits. Great work on your part _

Orha's character you've got dead on, especially with his resentment towards Calintz. I too pictured him having a fair bit of anger towards the captian of the Tears of Blood. Serina was pretty good too, though she seemed a bit happier than I remember her from the game. Then again, a year has passed, so her personality has probably changed a bit too _ Either way, the story's still great.

There were a few spelling and grammar errors, but nothing to get worried about. A wee bit of editing will polish them up in no time and make your story flawless.

I agree with your thoughts at the end pairing. It WAS a total copout, especially since they practically cram the Calintz and Serina interations down your throat within the last two hours of the game. Ohra/Serina seems a lot more likely.

Lol, thought I was the only one too that liked the english opening to the game ; good to know there's someone else that enjoyed it.

All in all, this was really well done. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

-Ice Seraphim
Gone and not returning chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Pretty good. You write well. I saw few mistakes in here but other than that this is really interesting. Orha and Serina seemed to be in character.

Ah so you too don't really like how the Calintz x Reith relationship was built up only to have her killed off and then force Calintz with her twin sister to have a 'happy' ending. I personally don't like the ending... but it is what it is. I try to imagine the makers of FF doing that to the Squall and Rinoa couple (chuckles) a lot of fans would be angry if that were to happen.

It's funny though... in the game ending, Calintz hooks up with Serina but in the Drama CD XD that didn't even happen. I guess that is why a lot of MC fans like the Drama CD ending.

Orha x Serina? I guess that could work most would say Orha x Roxy would be the better couple but I personally don't care either way.

The english opening to MC isn't THAT bad... a lot of gamers are just really #$&% is all. I heard the korean, japanese, and english opening theme to MC and I would have to say "Fly Again" the Japanese version is the best but that's my opinion.

If there is going to be more chapters to this, I hope you update soon _ cause your doing great so far.

Will the pairing just be Orha x Serina or will there be others?