Reviews for Mercenaries
CruelRuin chapter 30 . 11/15
Eh, Mediocre.
Mondtanz chapter 30 . 8/12
I love it. Makes me want to go back and play FF VIII again. Sadly, my copy of FF VII is not working properly...
You have a great style of writing and I think you got the characters down pat. Someone said that he missed Cloud using parts of his sword, but in my mind this is not First Tsurugi, but rather a varient of the Buster Sword.
Well, this is definitely going on my favourite list
REMINGTON 700.Sniper chapter 30 . 3/1
I did enjoy reading this story a lot! It's so well-written and you portray the characters well too, so all I can say is: You did an awesome job there and I'm glad you shared this fanfiction with us!
Two Evil Carrots chapter 30 . 12/21/2015
So... I can't help but think, but at the end, with the green eyes in the materia, was that Aerith or Sephiroth? The green eyes part is pretty ambiguous.
Alyss Penedo chapter 30 . 8/6/2015
D'aww... Do I detect Kindom Hearts elements there?

I'm curious though; what sword was Cloud using? Because I'm pretty sure this is set after Advent Children, but Cloud doesn't split his sword a single time as far as I can tell, even when it might have been to his advantage (like offsetting Squall's advantage with a lighter blade in the halls back when Cloud was still trying to kill Rinoa). And thus I feel that Cloud didn't kick as much butt as he's due, but that might just be the bias talking XP
BlueberriesGoneBad chapter 30 . 2/1/2015
What a fantastically creative story! I spent a whole entire day reading the entire 30 chapters. Really sad Seifer didn't go, though.
dragonrider90 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
So far the story seems to be interesting
Guest chapter 30 . 7/16/2014
THIS IS REALLY A GREAT STORY. It's a pleasure to read, and I like your idea of Cloud as an assassin. :)
Raine Wintermoon chapter 30 . 6/6/2014
This is marvelous! It took me three days to finish it but it's all worth it. You did a great job on writing every scenario, every thoughts, especially the characters interaction with each other. I love the Tifa/Rinoa (my two favorite girls) and Cloud/Squall interactions. And you awaken the Yuffie/Seifer ship I never even consider (although it kind of ruin it when they kiss). The characters were spot on, especially Nanaki. Let me tell you what I like the most — a pro-AC Cloud and him torn in between his FFVII self and AC self, all the while with his wavering thoughts; and a pro-FFVIII Squall holding his ground as the Commander (I really wish SE could have made a movie for VIII. And screw that "Squall is dead" theory — don't get me wrong, it's a great theory but it makes me sad. Should have not read it... it's the same heartbreak as Tidus is a dream).

Anyway, you also did a great job on the story itself, along the blending of both games' universe. I don't think I've stumbled upon typos, or not. It's a long but a great read; I wish other FF stories were as well-thought as this story of yours. :) /added story to faves
Ai Mamoru chapter 30 . 3/22/2014
Wow. I really am flabbergasted. THAT was the most solid story I've ever read here. And I mean that in the most positive way you could use that adjective. Yeah, I didn't swept me off my feet, but all the stories that do, are lacking in some departments. But this was just entirely satisfying in every way. I'm really impressed. Storytelling in perfection. So goal-oriented, no dilly-dallying, no overly dramatic story turns, a great creative plot, believable characters, ... That's an A for you. Bravo!
The only negative thing I could mention, is, that I skipped almost all the fights. But that's just my aversion to detailed fights. I'm totally not interested how one beats another. However that's just me ;)

Thanks for writing and sharing! :)
Turk 4 Life chapter 30 . 12/11/2013
This story is amazing! I could see everything happen before my eyes! I can't believe I didn't read this earlier :O
Guest chapter 30 . 10/17/2013
Well written, good plot, surprisingly vivid exploration and capture of emotions. I liked it more than any other ff fanfic I've read :)
Allein chapter 30 . 5/31/2013
This was an amazing story, and God, i haven't found any crossover story as good as yours. I love how you tell about Tifa and Cloud in this story, the plots were amazing, the logic of the story too. I cry, laugh, and panic when i read it, you're good to play the emotion of the story. you're really awesome.
TyrantChimera chapter 30 . 5/12/2013
...Seeing green eyes in the materia? A nice, shiver-iducing little touch. An amazing story that is TOTALLY going into my favs!
Leonard L. Church chapter 30 . 4/6/2013
This was a great story... except for this last part. That was fucked up man. I can live with Wedge dying like a tragic hero, but that part with Yuffie and Seifer was just overkill.