Reviews for One Evening in Imladris
Zardi chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
What a fantastic story! You did equally well with the lesser-known characters as you did with Aragorn and Legolas. This is a testament to your skill as a writer. I can't wait to read more of your stories!
Null.xx chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
I loved this! Erestor's rant caused me to die!
Linda-Nairika chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
What a nice story! Thank you!
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
LynxL chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Really sweet and well-written. Friendships makes the world go around :)
Emily chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Quite enjoyable. Loved the variety of characters. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be Glorfindel and Erestor. Not often you get to see Erestor in a raging temper! I could imagine Glorfindel dancing around catching valuable artwork and snatching things out of Erestor's hands. Strange mental picture, that. : )

"Some day I shall surprise you by saying, 'Good morning, Estel! Would you pass the plum preserves, please? And by-the-by, I am terribly depressed becauseā€¦'"

"Ah, yes! That will be the same morning Sauron gives over wanting to rule Arda, and takes up knitting sweaters for indigent hobbits!" : )
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
WELL...well...that was certainly not what i expected! No not at all...BUT it was still a delight to read, though more somber than anything.
greenleafgirl07 chapter 1 . 9/18/2008

Nice job. I think friedship is at the heart of LotR, and you write very well. Especially that last paragraph about Aragorn's smile and how they stopped keeping count because it didn't matter... that made me think. Keep writing, you have a way with words.

-Just another girl out there
My blue rose chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
aw such a sweet story!
lwarren chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
I just had to review this, Pentangle. What a wonderful, loving collection of friendship stories - even the one with Elrohir and Morgil! I especially loved the interaction between Glorfindel and Erestor - I had to laugh a little at Erestor as he pitched his fit and Glorfindel scrambled to save all the rare antiques his friend was throwing. (I would love to hear the conversation Erestor has promised to have with Elrond.) I also loved the last between Legolas and Aragorn as the fate that awaits them draws ever nearer and they begin to become more and more aware of it! Heck, I LOVED all of them! Wonderful job, Pentangle - just wonderful!

Linda (from the a-angst group on yahoo!)
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Such a cute little story. XD All warm and fluffy without slash, the way most stories seem to go lately. :(

Anyway, good story. :D
Kalisona chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Wow. I really don't know what to say! This is a beautiful piece of writing! All of the friendships are portrayed perfectly. I really liked the bit about Lindir and Elladan; you don't really read much about the minstrel, and it was very touching to read how he wanted to learn something /other/ than what everyone expected of him. I can connect with that. *grimaces*

I also loved the interaction between Glorfindel and Erestor. You do the two so well...exactly how I picture them.

/Still, Glorfindel being Glorfindel, he did not actually try to stop Erestor./

That was great. Such a perfect sentence that describes our favorite Balrog-slayer. ;)

Great story, mellon nin! I should go read your other stories now...*adds you to my Author Alert List* There! Now I won't miss any of your fabulous stories!

Oh, by the way...please forgive any mistakes in this review. I'm doing my best to type around my cat. In the spirit of the holidays, I don't have the heart to push him off my lap. And while on the subject, Happy Holidays!

StarLight9 chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
That was truly beautiful! I loved it. I can see why you've won the contest. It touched me deeply and made me laugh at the same time. That was the first of your stories I've read, but I'll certainly read more.
Jade chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
. the end i felt tears spring to my eyes at your description of friendships new and old.I have read nearly all of your stories, please keep writing.
That Tath chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Very nicely written! I liked the part where Aragornw as threatening to haunt Legolas if he died. Very entertaining!